Active Shooter at Navy Yard in DC

Seriously? I've been there, its a military facility... and it's a gun free zone?

Almost all bases do not allow troops to carry full time. Look around next time you're on a base and count how many people you actually see carrying a pistol or a rifle. It's next to none.

It's also retarded.

Seriously? I've been there, its a military facility... and it's a gun free zone?

Yes, on military facilities, carrying is not allowed. Also, if you do have a firearm in your car, it must be locked up and only for a specific purpose like "going hunting after work" or "going to the range on post".

As far as the military weapons, they're almost always locked up in arms rooms. They can be taken out for training without ammo easily. If being taken to a live-fire range, the ammo is distributed at the range and checks are performed to make sure nobody has any live ammo when they leave the range.

Shooting at Washington Navy Yard

Two witnesses told CNN affiliate WJLA that they heard a fire alarm go off in the building where they worked, then saw a man with a rifle down the hallway as they exited the building.

"He aimed the gun and fired our way," a man who identified himself as Todd Brundidge told WJLA, adding, "I couldn't believe it."

People frantically tried to run out of the building, Brundidge said.

"Everyone was going down the stairs. They were pushing. They were shoving. People were falling down," he told WJLA. "As we came outside, people were climbing the wall trying to get over the wall to get out of the spaces. It was just crazy."

shelter in place???

yeah, no, I don't think so...

The Pentagon "believes there has been loss of life" in a shooting at the Washington Navy Yard, a spokesman says.

REALLY???

Last edited:
I already am hearing the people in my office talking about, "These things are gonna keep happening as long as the people who want people to have guns, keep throwing money around."

According to Drudge it's multiple shooters - that whole Mohammed thing is looking more likely.

Also odd they are halting flights out of Reagan International.

Yes, on military facilities, carrying is not allowed. Also, if you do have a firearm in your car, it must be locked up and only for a specific purpose like "going hunting after work" or "going to the range on post".

As far as the military weapons, they're almost always locked up in arms rooms. They can be taken out for training without ammo easily. If being taken to a live-fire range, the ammo is distributed at the range and checks are performed to make sure nobody has any live ammo when they leave the range.

Unreal... So the only 'armed' guys are the ones at the main gate, well, its been a few years since I was there so I don't even know if that's true anymore.

According to Drudge it's multiple shooters - that whole Mohammed thing is looking more likely.

Also odd they are halting flights out of Reagan International.

multiple shooters, 10 reported victims so far in something so densely populated... doesn't add up. Keeping my tinfoil hat on standby for this one.

multiple shooters, 10 reported victims so far in something so densely populated... doesn't add up. Keeping my tinfoil hat on standby for this one.

I'm gonna call it: this is a "false flag" with Syrian nationals doing this in order to give a more legitimate reason for Obama to invade Syria. And it has the side effect of increasing the poll numbers supporting an invasion.

Premeditated, somewhat organized with multiples, most vehicles are thoroughly searched, open all doors, hood, get out of the car unless you have the access stickers.
Ugh!

Not really. There's none of the "save the orphans, wah wah wah wah" stuff they can pull on this. When the dust settles this won't be any different memetically than fort hood. The retard antis will be drowned out by commoners asking the obvious... "This is a military facility, where are all the people with guns?"

-Mike

It depends on who the shooters are. If they have any ties to right wing or libertarian politics, then the antis will milk this for all it's worth. If they have ties to left wing groups or are Muslim extremists, it will be swept under the rug just like the Marathon bombers were.

Unreal... So the only 'armed' guys are the ones at the main gate, well, its been a few years since I was there so I don't even know if that's true anymore.

Yup, the few MPs and any civilian police are the only ones armed.

It depends on who the shooters are. If they have any ties to right wing or libertarian politics, then the antis will milk this for all it's worth. If they have ties to left wing groups or are Muslim extremists, it will be swept under the rug just like the Marathon bombers were.

Couldn't agree more.

Naval Yard employee quoted as being incredulous that gunman could get into her office building...

1 shooter = probable nut job with gun.
2 shooters = planned terrorist attack..................?

I believe you are correct here. But it doesn't sit with me that it's right wing or libertarian.

Why. Because we fight legislation because we by and large follow the law.

Back
Top Bottom