Active Shooter at Navy Yard in DC

I believe you are correct here. But it doesn't sit with me that it's right wing or libertarian.

Why. Because we fight legislation because we by and large follow the law.

Motive and choice of target only needs to make sense to the attacker(s) and likely wouldn't make sense to people thinking rationally. What is going to matter is who these guys associated themselves with in the past, or continued to associate themselves with as they carried out their attack.

It depends on who the shooters are. If they have any ties to right wing or libertarian politics, then the antis will milk this for all it's worth. If they have ties to left wing groups or are Muslim extremists, it will be swept under the rug just like the Marathon bombers were.

I give it an 80% chance of durka or durka sympathizer with a 20% chance of disgruntled employee(s).

-Mike

I give it an 80% chance of durka or durka sympathizer with a 20% chance of disgruntled employee(s).

-Mike

2z5m8gp.jpg

from ABC World News

"The shooter is believed to be a former Navy official whose work status recently changed..."

News just said they locked down the Marine Barracks for a while. As an Army veteran and on behalf of the Marines, I find this insulting.

So they don't have metal detectors at the security booth but you need an ID to get in. And news articles point toward an AR "capable of 3 round bursts". Now we know these geniuses know their shit, but it's sounding more like 2 dudes from the military to me. Poor victims ...

They just said one shooter down and two others at large. Neither has been seen since 8:45am. Reminds me of the Watertown lockdown when they somehow lost a wounded teenager for a day.

Back
Top Bottom