Action/Trigger Job Advice.

I am looking to get an action job on a S&W model 60 (J Frame), this is my daily carry gun. Right now the trigger pull must be about 30 lbs. and not very smooth. I would be more then happy with a smooth less then 10 lbs. DA pull. Is this possible while keeping the gun reliable?

I am looking to get an action job on a S&W model 60 (J Frame), this is my daily carry gun. Right now the trigger pull must be about 30 lbs. and not very smooth. I would be more then happy with a smooth less then 10 lbs. DA pull. Is this possible while keeping the gun reliable?

Yes. Any decent gunsmith can do it for you. I'm sure that the current trigger pull isn't 30 lbs. Probably ~12 lbs.

Just for re-finishing. Never had any trigger work done on it. Another great gunsmith is Greg Derr. I have had trigger work done by him, and it's been excellent. That was for my semi-auto though, I'm not sure about whether he does revolvers.

Greg Derr, gunsmith and Olympian pistol shooter extraordinaire, can perform a great trigger job for you. He will work on both semi-auto pistols and revolvers.

Send him a PM here. His screen name is Greg Derr and his web site is www.derrprecision.com

Darius

Last edited:
Just for re-finishing. Never had any trigger work done on it. Another great gunsmith is Greg Derr. I have had trigger work done by him, and it's been excellent. That was for my semi-auto though, I'm not sure about whether he does revolvers.

I had him work on my M&P9 but he definitely also does revolvers.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom