A very unusual idea

See "Pink Pistols" [wink]

The idea is decent, but I just don't think you can motivate most people to protest things which they do not see as effecting their lives. I think you'll have a hard time getting homosexuals who don't already care about gun rights to put in much of an effort even with the offer of reciprocity. And homosexuals who already to care about gun rights, or who you convince to care about them for their own good, are no different than heterosexuals who care about them. They are just another gun rights supporter like the rest of us.

The NH Pink Pistols was supposed to take part in some Gay parade in Manchester. They were going to be on the float while open carrying pistols and rifles, with various pro-gun/gay signs banners. The parade got cancelled. I'm sure they'll do it next year.

Interesting points. Particularly Calsdad who highlights the inherent hypocrisy.

I don't support ANY special rights for Anyone. Not Gay's Not cultural minorities, or Ethnic minorities, not for cops, politicians or anyone else for that matter. I do support equal rights and, focused specifically on marriage now, I believe that is not a special right, it's an equal right.

Conversely, I don't support hate crimes legislation, yes, even and especially when someone has painted a swastika on a synagogue (again). That is a special right, and I find it abhorrent. But the right to marry the person you love is a simple, basic right (I believe) and thus I would feel ok about working to guarantee that right.

Further muddling the issue. While, as I've said, I do support the right to marriage, I don't support a constitutional amendment to achieve it. The constitution doesn't deal with marriage of any type. I see no reason to alter that.

In the end, as many have pointed out. It becomes a personal thing. In other words, I don't see myself addressing large groups of Gay people to recruit them for the cause, I simply mean that I see this idea as an ice breaker and a way to talk to people who might otherwise vote against 2A issues to consider taking a Pro-2A stand.

I dunno. I guess I'm full of crap. I guess I'll just go buy more EBRs, pay my memberships, and hunker down...

I like lesbians,good looking hot lesbians.I think they should have every right to have hot lesbian sex in town squares all across the USA.

Other than that,I could care less about a group of people that define themselves by their sexuality.

Now that is a special right I could support. Especially if it was shown on the local cable as a public service message. OMG - what is that! It's the damn homosexuals again honey - we have to watch, if we turn it off - it's discrimination.!

wow...

Im just surprised it took 4 pages before someone took this things downhill!! [rofl][laugh2] excellent idea though on thinking "outside the box" beyond our own knit group of 'gun nuts'. Vociferous flaming protesters, would be a... attention grabbing element to our cause. Something to think about for sure.

Now that is a special right I could support. Especially if it was shown on the local cable as a public service message. OMG - what is that! It's the damn homosexuals again honey - we have to watch, if we turn it off - it's discrimination.!

Back
Top Bottom