• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

22lr!!

Got suckered into buying 1600 rounds of Winchester Super Suppressed. "Black Copper Plated" subsonic. GARBAGE! One notch above Remington Thunderbolts. will not cycle reliably in ANY of my guns except revolvers or bolt actions. 10% FTF on top of shitty feeding/ejecting.

Got suckered into buying 1600 rounds of Winchester Super Suppressed. "Black Copper Plated" subsonic. GARBAGE! One notch above Remington Thunderbolts. will not cycle reliably in ANY of my guns except revolvers or bolt actions. 10% FTF on top of shitty feeding/ejecting.
I gave away a bucket of thunderbolts to a member here (I forget who). He was all pumped about getting a new gun so I felt bad and gave him a box of mini mags too otherwise he probably would've returned the gun

Edit:
Now I remember. They were golden bullets. Same crap with a very thin copper wash

I have a couple of buckets of goldens too. I figure I'll save those for the apocalypse and use them to as currency/barter material

and use them to as currency/barter material
i stocked like insane during covid on 22lr, and will sit on it as well - mostly cci and aguila se.

kinda sucks as i do not shoot it anymore, as i switched to more expensive precision brands, but, will keep it anyway - for same reasons.

I gave away a bucket of thunderbolts to a member here (I forget who). He was all pumped about getting a new gun so I felt bad and gave him a box of mini mags too otherwise he probably would've returned the gun

Edit:
Now I remember. They were golden bullets. Same crap with a very thin copper wash
I shot 1K or 1.1K golden bullets one range session out of my Buckmark.

My hands were so black after I was done.

Gun scrubber was able to clean the gun nice after, but I was surprised the gun worked fine with all that sh*t.

I have found CCI AR Tactical to be go-to for bulk. My guns seem to like it. This was at 25 yards. Nothing amazing, but for 22lr, it works for everything outside of competitions.

CAP_31F4D0E1-AF10-4F68-A9D3-60DCDB78367C.jpeg

Otherwise I stick with match subs from Lapua or SK.

But I have been starting to try CCI subsonics as a go-to for everything outside of actual matches. Even without a silencer, the subs are still more pleasant to shoot. Not that 22lr supers are unpleasant.

Interestingly, I’ve found CCI subsonics to actually be faster than CCI standard velocities

IMG_7933.jpeg
IMG_7934.jpeg

Barter them in ziplocks. Instantly adds 50% to their perceived value.

I'll go even further and vacuum seal them to increase that value more. Maybe I'll even slap some various gun stickers on them

I shot 1K or 1.1K golden bullets one range session out of my Buckmark.

My hands were so black after I was done.

Gun scrubber was able to clean the gun nice after, but I was surprised the gun worked fine with all that sh*t.
I stopped shooting them after a bad range session with my wife's ruger mk3. Audibly they were very different sounding shot to shot. After maybe 200 rds the sound got sort of muffled and they seemed slow coming out of the barrel. I took the gun apart and the interior of the barrel was smoothed over with lead. That was a bullshit job to clean out.

Edit:

I ran through a few boxes of those back in the day. They weren't SUPER reliable, but they weren't terrible. The gold ones. Green (?) box, I think. 550 rounds per box. I'd toss them thru my Mk2 Ruger and they'd run mostly fine.

They were $5.95 at Walmart. What was not to like about penny bullets?

Back
Top Bottom