• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

[MA] Precision Pistol .22lr recommendation

This person seems to be getting 7.5 MOA groups (1.87 in @ 25 yd) out of the Mark IV 22/45 Lite.

Of course, THIS person got much worse:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV0SePLcbeo
- 21 MOA groups (5 inch @ 70 ft). That's kinda what I am afraid of...

This guy is either not a good shot or the ammo was sh*t or a combination of both + heavy triggers.

Space-gun.jpg

I absolutely love my Supermatic Citation. The trigger breaks like a tiny icicle in the dead of winter. With CCI standard velocity it is as accurate as I could hold it.

Good luck in your quest but remember, it is the Indian, not the arrow that matters in the end.

another vote for a 1911 conversion, but from Advantage Arms. I put their 'target' upper on my Sig 1911, and it's dead nuts reliable and almost as accurate. I don't compete. It's more accurate than I am.

1695166551426.png

Last edited:
I made Pistoleer at Appleseed, when I borrowed someone's S&W Model 41 during a single round. If I had the money to blow...
+1 on Model 41.
Easy to shoot well and similar to the 1911 handle angle-wise. Trigger pull can be easily adjusted. Don't waste your money on the "Performance Center" version.
Ruger needs aftermarket work to shoot well, Model 41 does well right out of the box.

+1 on Model 41.
Easy to shoot well and similar to the 1911 handle angle-wise. Trigger pull can be easily adjusted. Don't waste your money on the "Performance Center" version.
Ruger needs aftermarket work to shoot well, Model 41 does well right out of the box.

Here is a used one, looks like a good price.

I don't know this seller or the gun.

1911 with a Nelson conversion.... CCI sv. I shoot 256... can do up to 270 on occasion... the issue is me, not the firearm.

another vote for a 1911 conversion, but from Advantage Arms. I put their 'target' upper on my Sig 1911, and it's dead nuts reliable and almost as accurate. I don't compete. It's more accurate than I am.

View attachment 797677

I might be able to do a group buy on these. Pm me if interested, if enough interest I will post a GB.

Both the standard and target ones.

Talk to the precision pistol team at your club, or join a club that has one. Most of us have multiple pistols and might let you fondle a gun or two, maybe shoot a match with one to see how you like it. I keep a few entry level pistols for that very reason.
If nothing else, you'll be able to determine what guns are fussy and what just runs.

Welcome to the dark side...

I might be able to do a group buy on these. Pm me if interested, if enough interest I will post a GB.

Both the standard and target ones.
Fuuuuuuu*k dude. I told @Spartan65 I wouldn't buy any guns for 6-8 months.

But this is not a gun ... so I am a very possible IN. I need to do some research.

Ah, good to know.

BTW, how does the SW22 (on the "formal target shooting" roster) compare to the SW41 (on the general one)?

And yes, I am aware that if I am lucky, I may just find a store. I mean, _I_ wouldn't be possibly breaking the law there anyway...

I just thought this isn't a question one can ask in a store. Like, is asking for a gun that's not on the roster "just as bad" as "mentioning the gun's for someone else"? Or is worst that can happen them saying "sorry no, we don't have that, but we can recommend this instead"?

And yeah, I'll also ask the others on the team where they got their guns.

The SW22 is a great gun if you trick it out a bit; but it's not in the league of a S&W 41

Mtr in smithfield has a nice selection as do most shops in RI . The Sporting Shoppe has some Volquartson in stock as well and a few other models.

Back
Top Bottom