• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Purse carry pistol recommendation for a n00b

Has she shot much, and if so what? My wife struggles to rack most pistols so a G42 is perfect for her. If she’s not going to practice then I’d probably avoid a DA/SA and safety.

I have big hands and a 92F grip feels huge to me, that’s a strange choice.

Take a trip up to Epping for a pistol class or two, especially if she’s going to carry a DA/SA, since the Sig classes are geared for that. I got pretty good at it after two Sig classes.
A 92F was the first airsoft springer gun I've ever bought for myself as a kid (a UHC M9) so I got a soft spot for Berettas. Plus nothing fits my hand quite like a 92 until I got an HK P30 and VP9. I was thinking big heavy guns cause Newton loved his equal and opposite forces. A n00b shooter who wants a tiny and light phaser sized pistol that shoots at least 9mm and has minimal recoil? Always thought you can't have it both...

Unless you get the Boberg. Anyone have experience with those? Seemed like some Gucci gun thing.

I would have recommended she get the Sig P225A1 but she's set on having a dot optic. Too beautiful and classic a piece to send to get carved out.

SIG P365. My wife can’t rack shit, is very recoil intolerant and loves the gun. Carries it with her everywhere she goes. I set her up with the now obsolete Bagmaster Fanny pack (the only one worth a f***) to get her away from purse carry for obvious reasons…

It's incredible how many times I see women in the grocery store and their pocketbook is sitting in the cart half an isle away from them while they're looking for something.

It's incredible how many times I see women in the grocery store and their pocketbook is sitting in the cart half an isle away from them while they're looking for something.
It's nice to see there are still some places in America that have such a trusting societal fabric. Goes well with the unlocked house doors.

SIG P365. My wife can’t rack shit, is very recoil intolerant and loves the gun. Carries it with her everywhere she goes. I set her up with the now obsolete Bagmaster Fanny pack (the only one worth a f***) to get her away from purse carry for obvious reasons…
In 9mm? I'm surprised if she's recoil intolerant.
It's nice to see there are still some places in America that have such a trusting societal fabric. Goes well with the unlocked house doors.
It's called "naivete".

In 9mm? I'm surprised if she's recoil intolerant.

It's called "naivete".
The SIG P365 is bizarrely devoid of excessive perceived recoil. I’ve seen some here post otherwise so I am at a loss to explain. I’ve seen some shudder at the thought of shooting over 100 rounds when I just did the same on my own SAS I just got and it’s more pleasurable than most of my .380s. Honestly I find a blowback .380 to have more perceived recoil than you would think. I spent a long time enamored with the caliber and hand loaded more than I care to admit.

Back
Top Bottom