2019 Panic Buying

Nothing should ever be done due to panic anything, if it is you’ve been doing it wrong all along.

I’ll also never understand people’s need to list online, much more-so these days, about all of their stock or supplies.

You inevitably get several posters trying to outdo each other with their entire list, still thinking it’s funny or that it moves them up the cool guy list of a forum by stating how much ammo they’re stocking or whatever.

Especially these days, the only thing you’re actually accomplishing is being moved to the top of the list for the Feds to start digging into you to see if you’re nuts or not, and if they decide you are, good luck to you.

POTUS said it this morning, the internet will be f***ing scoured looking for flags of anything that seem not right (to them).

The days of internet Wild West are long gone, now it’s internet hugely invasive investigative tool and the major suspects are legal gun owners as far as any of them are concerned.

Loose lips sink ships MF’s. Just my .02, all the online tough guys always posting threatening messages if anyone comes for their guns and Molon Labe and all that BS, stupid, immature and shows a complete lack of situational awareness for society today. You may as well just call and turn yourself in for being a future threat because that’s what they’ll see all day long.

Shitty? Of course it is, but it’s an unfortunate reality right now.
^^^^ This can't be stressed enough.

I've been teaching this to my students for a very long time. Not smart to advertise.

Must not be much of a panic today- good! Called one of my usual match projectile sources (that actually ships to the PRM) and the call was picked up immediately by in-house staff. One of the items is very common / popular and plenty were in stock. Same for a less common item that is typically difficult to find in stock. I just ordered the amount I would have ordered anyway.

I did an inventory last night and am at nearly 1K rounds per caliber. I still feel a bit light. I'm probably going to place an order with TSUSA on some .308 this week.
Same here. Checked the small arms safe and found 600 rounds of .223, 400 rounds of .308, 200 rounds of 12 gauge (slugs, buckshot and birdshot) and two bricks of .22 LR.

It's the Red flag crap that scares me.
If there was a five year mandatory prison sentence attached to filing a false report it might make me feel better , but that's not going to happen and if it does pass groups like MDA will go hog wild telling everyone to file reports against anyone they know who has a gun.
Look what California did. First it was spouses and immediate family members, then later, pretty much anyone you ran into in the grocery store that didn't like your face that got tacked on.

I've been checking all my preferred vendors since yesterday and all is well and good. The on hand qty of 7.62x39 at my favorite online retailer hasn't changed since last night either.

I think we're OK for a bit more...but I'm going to take this as a warning shot and start stocking up the new house in Indy before I get there aside from what I already moved. Might head up to NH this or next week for a refresh on certain powders because I already had another chore up there anyway.

Same here. Checked the small arms safe and found 600 rounds of .223, 400 rounds of .308, 200 rounds of 12 gauge (slugs, buckshot and birdshot) and two bricks of .22 LR.
bump that .223 number up to 3600 rounds and throw in 500rds of green tip and now we are beginning to approach "I'm good for a couple months" territory.

I had already been planning on routine purchases of ammo to prepare for the next 18 months, this is my first election cycle as a gun owner, but I saw what has happened in the past.

Channel 25 news just said Smith & Wesson Sales jumped 3% today due to fear of more gun control laws
How the f*** would they know? S+w sales numbers are a closely guarded secret until quarterly reports.

You must mean *Shares* as in stocks. Smith is now american outdoor brands, a larger subsect with more than just guns, and as a non-Chinese manufacturer this makes a fair bit of sense.

Nothing should ever be done due to panic anything, if it is you’ve been doing it wrong all along.

I’ll also never understand people’s need to list online, much more-so these days, about all of their stock or supplies.

You inevitably get several posters trying to outdo each other with their entire list, still thinking it’s funny or that it moves them up the cool guy list of a forum by stating how much ammo they’re stocking or whatever.

Especially these days, the only thing you’re actually accomplishing is being moved to the top of the list for the Feds to start digging into you to see if you’re nuts or not, and if they decide you are, good luck to you.

POTUS said it this morning, the internet will be f***ing scoured looking for flags of anything that seem not right (to them).

The days of internet Wild West are long gone, now it’s internet hugely invasive investigative tool and the major suspects are legal gun owners as far as any of them are concerned.

Loose lips sink ships MF’s. Just my .02, all the online tough guys always posting threatening messages if anyone comes for their guns and Molon Labe and all that BS, stupid, immature and shows a complete lack of situational awareness for society today. You may as well just call and turn yourself in for being a future threat because that’s what they’ll see all day long.

Shitty? Of course it is, but it’s an unfortunate reality right now.

you nailed it... and I like your avatar...

I've been checking all my preferred vendors since yesterday and all is well and good. The on hand qty of 7.62x39 at my favorite online retailer hasn't changed since last night either.

I think we're OK for a bit more...but I'm going to take this as a warning shot and start stocking up the new house in Indy before I get there aside from what I already moved. Might head up to NH this or next week for a refresh on certain powders because I already had another chore up there anyway.
TSUSA is out of all the cheap steel cased x39 for what that’s worth.
Edit: this is the only steel cased ammo left
Tula Ammo 7.62x39mm 122 Grain Hollow Point

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom