• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2019 Panic Buying

I know everyone is worried about this very subject, but retailers seem to have plenty in stock for AR15 10-round magazines. No need to go on a buying frenzy just yet. Since VT went all libtard I have to have 10 round mags for an upcoming match. Sad for VT but happy for me- those preban 20-round mags are ugly and they get in the way LOL.

The wife and I took an all day AR tactical class last month, so we had stocked up (more like topped-off), on everything from, more 556 ammo, more Pmags, more spare parts, 2 new AR-uppers, to optics upgrades, etc. etc.
I guess that may have timed out good.

Last edited:
This is why diversification of assets is key. I recently got out of one caliber, but replaced with another, so I'm back to fourteen cartridges to choose from.

I know everyone is worried about this very subject, but retailers seem to have plenty in stock for AR15 10-round magazines. No need to go on a buying frenzy just yet. Since VT went all libtard I have to have 10 round mags for an upcoming match. Sad for VT but happy for me- those preban 20-round mags are ugly and they get in the way LOL.
Ah....the time to go on a buying frenzy is before it's time for a buying frenzy lol

The guys that run out and buy up all they can after word of gun control in Congress is in the news are either rookies.....or just don't know how to plan.

Stack it high and stack it deep while it's actually on the shelves at non full retard prices.

This is why diversification of assets is key. I recently got out of one caliber, but replaced with another, so I'm back to fourteen cartridges to choose from.
That's a good plan actually. Post Sandy Hook if you owned 30-30, 270, 357 sig, 45 Colt, 243 and other less popular Cal's you had an ok chance of finding ammo on the shelves. Well.....that and shotgun ammo.

Ah....the time to go on a buying frenzy is before it's time for a buying frenzy lol

The guys that run out and buy up all they can after word of gun control in Congress is in the news are either rookies.....or just don't know how to plan.

Stack it high and stack it deep while it's actually on the shelves at non full retard prices.

I was kinda joking about the 10 rounders. Nobody wants those unless you are stuck in a ban state.

That's a good plan actually. Post Sandy Hook if you owned 30-30, 270, 357 sig, 45 Colt, 243 and other less popular Cal's you had an ok chance of finding ammo on the shelves. Well.....that and shotgun ammo.
Absolutely correct. Post sandy hook in every gun shop or sporting goods dept I visited not once were they out of .243 or 30-30. Only a few times out of 270

Absolutely correct. Post sandy hook in every gun shop or sporting goods dept I visited not once were they out of .243 or 30-30. Only a few times out of 270
I also never had a problem finding shotgun ammo for some reason. Shot trap and skeet throughout the ammo drought and had plenty of different bird loads, slugs and buckshot for hunting season.

What I find fascinating is the dichotomy between liberals demanding gun control and the reaction of gun enthusiasts everywhere.

We gun guys and gals immediately start buying up all that we think will be impacted. More guns. More ammo. More reloading supplies.

If the liberals kept their mouths shut there'd never be any panic buying...

What I find fascinating is the dichotomy between liberals demanding gun control and the reaction of gun enthusiasts everywhere.

We gun guys and gals immediately start buying up all that we think will be impacted. More guns. More ammo. More reloading supplies.

Its impossible for them to ever keep their mouths shut.

After Sandy Hook I learned my lesson. I won't have to buy during the next panic. I built up quite a stockpile soon after the shelves were full again by shooting only 50% of everything I bought and the rest went on the shelves. When I bought ......half went in the pile for range use and half went on the stockpile shelves. Rinse and repeat.

No sig needed here.

I just had a Panic Buy. TS tracking had the order delivered at 11:30 to the garage. It wasn't there. I searched all over and nothing so I called them who told me to call the PD to report and get a case number so I did.

While waiting for them I kept looking and my housekeepers obviously picked it up and put the box in the back hall closet space. Canceled PD and the report to TS.

Panic over.

Housekeepers?!

No sig needed here.

I just had a Panic Buy. TS tracking had the order delivered at 11:30 to the garage. It wasn't there. I searched all over and nothing so I called them who told me to call the PD to report and get a case number so I did.

While waiting for them I kept looking and my housekeepers obviously picked it up and put the box in the back hall closet space. Canceled PD and the report to TS.

Panic over.

I agree about better ways to spend your time. Just curious on how your housekeeper arrived at "$126" every 2 weeks vs say.. a nice round number like $120? $125? $130?

I agree about better ways to spend your time. Just curious on how your housekeeper arrived at "$126" every 2 weeks vs say.. a nice round number like $120? $125? $130?
Don’t know. Don’t care. Price hasn’t changed in years and the check is made out to a company.

Back
Top Bottom