• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1911 Which one?

I was surprised years ago when I had a Glock (17 probably) and held it up next to a 1911. They just "seem" bigger. "Block" is a good description. I didn't care for the Gen3 21 (it stung my hand, and left it numb after 50rds), but just tried a Gen4 20 (10mm) and it was definitely "softer". I like 1911's, but after shooting other style pistols I find that the 1911's seem to have some "lag" time in cycling the slide.

Which one, if you don't mind telling us.
I was surprised years ago when I had a Glock (17 probably) and held it up next to a 1911. They just "seem" bigger. "Block" is a good description. I didn't care for the Gen3 21 (it stung my hand, and left it numb after 50rds), but just tried a Gen4 20 (10mm) and it was definitely "softer". I like 1911's, but after shooting other style pistols I find that the 1911's seem to have some "lag" time in cycling the slide.

Which one, if you don't mind telling us.
was a DW eco. Price was right I have something else on the fire right now

If you want it for everyday CC, I'd be looking at the aluminum framed commander size. I have the Performance Center version of this, but to be honest I don't thing the extra couple of hundred bucks buy you that much more. Is is a nice (relatively) light carry piece and the round butt does help in concealment.

Give me that model in all black, running 9mm and I'd be 😘

I might be biased against lightweight commanders due to the POS Para commander in 45 that I bought ages and ages ago.

Let me get this straight. Some cat from Hudson, NH asks which 1911 to get and after four pages of NES finest, I have a slight swelling in my briefs and I'm trying to decide if I actually need another 1911. Of course, now I'm convinced that I may need a higher end model, because that would be different from the ones I currently possess. I fully understand that I'm most likely trying to compensate for one of my many shortcomings in life, but I seem helpless to stop it. This has been a great chat, thanks.

Let me get this straight. Some cat from Hudson, NH asks which 1911 to get and after four pages of NES finest, I have a slight swelling in my briefs and I'm trying to decide if I actually need another 1911. Of course, now I'm convinced that I may need a higher end model, because that would be different from the ones I currently possess. I fully understand that I'm most likely trying to compensate for one of my many shortcomings in life, but I seem helpless to stop it. This has been a great chat, thanks.

Start shopping

Going to have to wait and see. I gotta make sure the deal goes through
Bored Daily Show GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

Magnum Research 1911. AWESOME.

I have let several members here shoot mine, after 500 rounds no cleaning, it is smooth, feels amazing and I haven't done any work to it.

If your budget is up to $2.5K ... I would get a MR 1911 in 45 ACP and one kn 10mm with plenty of money left for ammo. WIN WIN.

Few people around here have a MR so I recommend doing a search online and reading other forums. Keep in mind, most can't figure out how to get a Glock for under $900, so don't expect them to get a MR. Also many people have this false notion that under $1200 is sh*t. For some brands maybe it is sh*t. The MR punches way above its price and their customer service is awesome.
You talked me into one.

Back
Top Bottom