• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

17-year-old arrested in killing of 2 people in Kenosha

The court will decide what verdict it wants, narrowly tailor what is admissible to maximize chance of the verdict it wants and, if the desired verdict is guilty, minimize the chances of overturn on appeal.

Last edited:
Little purpose to the curfew charge unless they are looking for something he'd take a guilty on in exchange for dismissing the rest. This would give the prosecutor a conviction on his scorecard.

Accused Kenosha shooter Kyle Rittenhouse seen in bar wearing ‘Free as F—k’ shirt​

This kid is an absolute stem head!!!!!!! He just doesn’t get the fact that the jury may not care about his right to self defense. Let me guess his next shirt will be “ Gunz don’t kill people, I KILL PEOPLE!”.

Went to a bar at 18 and served 3 beers? Drinking age is 21. I was in my late 30s before I stopped getting "carded"!
How about checking on the law in that state? Oh, It allows a minor to consume alcoholic beverages with the Consent and presence of the parent. So before running your keyboard and coming off as stupid, read and understand what you are commenting about.

How about checking on the law in that state? Oh, It allows a minor to consume alcoholic beverages with the Consent and presence of the parent. So before running your keyboard and coming off as stupid, read and understand what you are commenting about.

I suggest that you check the law. I am from Illinois and believe it or not I know a few things things about the law there. The exemption that you quoted is for home consumption only. There is also exemptions for religious practices and ceremonies which involve the consumption of consecrated wine. The drinking age in IL is 21. If he drank alcoholic beverages in a bar or restaurant, than he committed a misdemeanor. Whoever served him also committed a misdemeanor.

I suggest that you check the law. I am from Illinois and believe it or not I know a few things things about the law there. The exemption that you quoted is for home consumption only. There is also exemptions for religious practices and ceremonies which involve the consumption of consecrated wine. The drinking age in IL is 21. If he drank alcoholic beverages in a bar or restaurant, than he committed a misdemeanor. Whoever served him also committed a misdemeanor.
Kyle lives near the WI border (That's how this all got started) Pudgy's Pub, (the bar named in the "drinking" story) is located in... Wisconsin.

Kenosha News said:
On Friday, the Mount Pleasant Police Department was reportedly notified about a video that showed the Illinois teen inside the establishment. Officers looked into the footage and determined Rittenhouse had visited Pudgy's Pub with a parent between 2:25 to 4:25 p.m. His arraignment took place at around 1 p.m. that day.

Many questioned whether Rittenhouse had violated the conditions of his $2 million bond, as he was seen holding alcohol despite being underage. But as pointed out by Kenosha News, those under 18 can legally drink at bars [in Wisconsin] if they are accompanied by a parent or guardian.

"Contact was made with the Kenosha County (WI) District Attorney’s Office, and after explaining the situation, his actions and presence in the establishment did not constitute a violation of his bond agreement," Lt. Scott Geyer of the Mount Pleasant Police Department told Kenosha News.

Last edited:
If the report is accurate, the prosecution refused when the address was offered "under seal" (whatever exactly that means).
Under Seal basically means (if I am not mistaken) that the information is presented to the judge and prosecutor in a sealed (private) hearing exempt from being part of the official record.

Kyle lives near the WI border (That's how this all got started) the bar named in the original "drinking" story is located in... Wisconsin.
Kid is out on bail for two counts of murder. Even if it is legal for his parents to take him to a Wisconsin bar and buy him beers, it would be foolhardy to do so. Everyone there has seen his face. There is always someone willing to snitch. Bail terms for violent crimes usually include a no possession of firearms or other weapons, no alcohol, no drugs unless prescribed by a physician, urinalysis checks and other restrictions imposed by a judge. Very easy to violate, have bail revoked and end up incarcerated until trial.

Kid is out on bail for two counts of murder. Even if it is legal for his parents to take him to a Wisconsin bar and buy him beers, it would be foolhardy to do so. Everyone there has seen his face. There is always someone willing to snitch. Bail terms for violent crimes usually include a no possession of firearms or other weapons, no alcohol, no drugs unless prescribed by a physician, urinalysis checks and other restrictions imposed by a judge. Very easy to violate, have bail revoked and end up incarcerated until trial.
Put the shovel down and stop digging. At the time of the Alcohol issue he was not under such restriction. He is now. Actually you are starting to act like a troll. Are you a troll?

Put the shovel down and stop digging. At the time of the Alcohol issue he was not under such restriction. He is now. Actually you are starting to act like a troll. Are you a troll?
Sorry, my bad. Kid lives in Illinois and parents take him drinking at an out-of-state bar. Makes zero sense, but I stand corrected. You are right about WI law. I was referring to IL law. I have two sons. If they were facing murder charges, last thing I would do is encourage them to drink.

Judgement is clearly questionable and arguably that is why he is in his current predicament in the first place. However:

conditional release would not impose a restriction on behavior that is otherwise legal unless it is related to the alleged crime. There was no allegation that alcohol was involved on the night of the shooting. Kid is DAF though as he should have known that he would be under a microscope (as should his parents).

His attackers were criminals. His attackers wanted to kill him. They were not charged. If they charged them it would solidify Kyle's self defense position. So officials let know criminal walk to pursue a murder case against Kyle.
Kyle is the victim of political persecution
2 of them are in little position to stand trial. The third... he's not going anywhere and he has a strong enough defense that a case against him wouldn't survive. However, just because the one armed bandit has a strong defense doesn't eliminate Kyle's defense with regard to that shooting.

2 of them are in little position to stand trial. The third... he's not going anywhere and he has a strong enough defense that a case against him wouldn't survive. However, just because the one armed bandit has a strong defense doesn't eliminate Kyle's defense with regard to that shooting.
The 3rd one was carrying a handgun illegally. Kyles Lawyers BTW have stated that Kyle is hidden at a safe house and that the state is well aware where he is.

Back
Top Bottom