Zimmerman charged. What do you think will happen if he's found Not Guilty?

No. According to Atty. Wendy Murphy on the Michael Graham show yesterday the Prosecutor would have to prove Zimmerman left his house with the intention of killing someone that night. The killing would have to be premeditated. Graham thinks they overcharged him so he would plea down to manslaughter and receive minimum jail time.
The murder charge would require that Zimmerman and Martin knew each other before the confrontation. Otherwise how could there be premeditation? I guess the only other possibility would be as you describe above where the charge would be Zimmerman was intent on killing "someone". That would be a tough one to prove.

Graham thinks they overcharged him so he would plea down to manslaughter and receive minimum jail time.

that's what i thought too, actually, that the 2nd degree murder charge was a way to open the door to a manslaughter plea deal, but apparently as folks more familiar with the law in florida have stated in this thread manslaughter is an option for the jury even after an initial 2nd degree murder charge (if i understood that correctly)...

How anyone here can continue to defend Zimmerman BLINDLY given the FACTS, UNDISPUTED, which we already know, astonishes me.

Disparity of force people. Know it, learn it, love it. It's the law of the land. And an unarmed 17-year-old with ZERO violent record who is killed by a 35 (ish) year-old of about the same size when no criminal activity is even SUGGESTED to start the confrontation? Yes, no SHIT Zimmerman is going to get convicted of something. If you clowns think anything different would happen to you in Texas or some other mythical nirvana, you're wrong. I live in a pretty pro-gun, pro-self-defense jurisdiction and even the cops and attorneys I've talked to in MY town have all come down in favor of manslaughter based on PUBLIC FACTS (of which there are few) alone.

Zimmerman will do very well to avoid serious jail time. If what I think happened is anything like accurate, rightfully so. You DON'T get to stalk in a car, then on foot, an innocent person, demand answers and then when someone takes objection with a punch in the nose, resort to deadly force and call it self-defense. It doesn't work that way ANYWHERE in this country and never has.

Use this much, Bill?

jump-to-conclusions.jpg

He's a fool to take any plea bargain. Life in prison or a year in prison, doesn't matter in his case. If he sees the inside of a jail, he's going to be bled out within 24 hours. Taking a plea is essentially sentencing himself to death. Fight it to the end. If he gets off, at least on the street he has a fighting chance.

The murder charge would require that Zimmerman and Martin knew each other before the confrontation. Otherwise how could there be premeditation? I guess the only other possibility would be as you describe above where the charge would be Zimmerman was intent on killing "someone". That would be a tough one to prove.

The murder charge is pure BS, even if one believes that Zimmerman's self defense claim sucks, there is no way in hell he should get anything more than manslaughter. I think the charging of him with murder was intended to take heat off the state from the "mob" and also to be used as a vehicle to massage the jury into hanging him on manslaughter. It's the old "shoot for mars if you really want to just go to the moon" trick... it's also a tactic designed to make the jurors feel less reluctant to acquit.

-Mike

The murder charge is pure BS, even if one believes that Zimmerman's self defense claim sucks, there is no way in hell he should get anything more than manslaughter. I think the charging of him with murder was intended to take heat off the state from the "mob" and also to be used as a vehicle to massage the jury into hanging him on manslaughter. It's the old "shoot for mars if you really want to just go to the moon" trick... it's also a tactic designed to make the jurors feel less reluctant to acquit.

-Mike

Graham`s opinion is that the State has no intention of this case going to go to a jury. They need a conviction of some kind.

He's a fool to take any plea bargain. Life in prison or a year in prison, doesn't matter in his case. If he sees the inside of a jail, he's going to be bled out within 24 hours. Taking a plea is essentially sentencing himself to death. Fight it to the end. If he gets off, at least on the street he has a fighting chance.

Any conviction whatsoever is a death sentence for Zimmerman. In a few months I'll be posting "I told you so".

Graham`s opinion is that the State has no intention of this case going to go to a jury. They need a conviction of some kind.

It isn't the State's decision. If Zimmerman chooses a jury trial he has to get one. He won't get a fair trial, so either the Judge will blatantly disregard the law and hope Z is murdered before it backfires, or there will be a mistrial.

My bet is Zimmerman is dead by this time next year. Any takers? Baby needs new shoes.

It isn't the State's decision. If Zimmerman chooses a jury trial he has to get one. He won't get a fair trial, so either the Judge will blatantly disregard the law and hope Z is murdered before it backfires, or there will be a mistrial.

My bet is Zimmerman is dead by this time next year. Any takers? Baby needs new shoes.
You are correct. I hope his lawyer has a lot of experience in these matters and Florida law. Mike Tyson wonders why some bro hasn`t shot Zimmerman in the face.

Heard this morning that Al Sharpton visits the WH more than the head of the CIA.

And who are the racists?

Look...it's human nature. The chickens are coming home to roost. You can't treat people like crap for 400 years, enslave them and then treat them like 3rd class citizens until about 50 years ago. In one sense we, the soon to be, white minority are reaping what was sowed by our ancestors. It's not about guilt and it is not about how you may personally feel and that fact that you have never owned slaves, it is about human nature and historical inevitability.

Kindly remember that those who have been oppressed frequently become better oppressors than those who oppressed them.

Our sun is setting...

Look...it's human nature. The chickens are coming home to roost. You can't treat people like crap for 400 years, enslave them and then treat them like 3rd class citizens until about 50 years ago. In one sense we, the soon to be, white minority are reaping what was sowed by our ancestors. It's not about guilt and it is not about how you may personally feel and that fact that you have never owned slaves, it is about human nature and historical inevitability.

Kindly remember that those who have been oppressed frequently become better oppressors than those who oppressed them.

Our sun is setting...

Not yet. We are the producers that allow the non-producers to to lay around and hate us.
Oppression? Would the descendants of slaves prefer we left their relatives in Africa? I understand the whole bitterness over slavery but all our ancestors were treated like crap and discriminated against. Now they weren`t slaves, but they endured oppression and discrimination and rose up to overcome their mistreatment. If African-Americans don`t realize they are being played for fools by their so called "leaders", shame on them. Affirmative Action was created to right the wrongs and that hasn`t worked either. How much help can you give someone when they continue to not take advantage of the situation they are presented.

My ancestors, just 2 generations ago, were digging peat and eating potatoes. I don't think they had any slaves. Leave me out of it.

My ancestors, just 2 generations ago, were digging peat and eating potatoes. I don't think they had any slaves. Leave me out of it.

By the very color of your skin, you are in it like it or not. To rwl1955 you have also missed my point. It doesn't matter what you think or who you are, you are getting way too ideological and maybe even self-righteous. I am talking about the historical inevitability here, it's not about right or wrong, or good or bad, it may be the result of unintended consequences. We are becoming a minority and when that happens the majority rules, and we are getting perceived pay-back or maybe actual pay-back, I really don't know and I really don't care.

The problem with so many of you, is that you are reacting, failing to see that no matter what you believe or don't believe, our days are numbered because Euro-Americans are numbered. It's true that African-Americans in and of themselves won't make up the majority but factor in people from Latin America and Asia, it's not going to be our culture and our country as we know it. You guys seem to think I am offering an excuse, I'm not...it is the zeitgeist the spirit of the times.

Oh, some of you talk about riots and go-time and all of that...but that probably isn't going to happen. I am fairly convinced that it is impossible to have a consensus culture when there is a polygot society. It didn't work for the Roman Empire, or the Austro-Hungarian Empre, or even the Soviet Empire. Am I advocating segregation or racial superiority. of course not...but PatMcD look at the "troubles" in Ireland and hatred of Catholics and Protestants, there it isn't even race, it's religion...we are essentially never going to learn how to get along with people different from us...we tolerate but we don't accept and were done...if you are a white middle class male, you are essentially yesterday's newspaper...and becoming increasingly irrelevant and it is a shame that you don't get it...because in the end we can't fight the forces of history...the world doesn't belong to us anymore and just because you don't want it to be so, or just because your ancestors were potato eaters who never owned slaves isn't going to change the outcome much. That, my friends is the sad reality IMO. I know what it is like to live in a consensus culture, sadly most of you will never know. Most of you are totally clueless about how great America was because you never lived through America's greatest years.

Do I sound pessimistic, damn betcha I do. Do I have any advice for the generations who will live in the last half of the 21st Century (some of you might even see the 22nd Century if medical advances continue) absolutely none, except live your life to the fullest and take care of those you love the best you can, because some very troubling times lay ahead.

Last edited:
Clap-clap. Congratulations. You have posted the dumbest post on all the Internetzzzz. Good work. Ever think that trends today may not be the same trends 5 years from now or the next generation? Do you think the Asians, Latin Americans and Africans are going to spit out kids at the same birth rates forever? I don't. There's a reason the lower hemisphere's have never gotten ahead and will never. It is what it is.

By the very color of your skin, you are in it like it or not. To rwl1955 you have also missed my point. It doesn't matter what you think or who you are, you are getting way too ideological and maybe even self-righteous. I am talking about the historical inevitability here, it's not about right or wrong, or good or bad, it may be the result of unintended consequences. We are becoming a minority and when that happens the majority rules, and we are getting perceived pay-back or maybe actual pay-back, I really don't know and I really don't care.

The problem with so many of you, is that you are reacting, failing to see that no matter what you believe or don't believe, our days are numbered because Euro-Americans are numbered. It's true that African-Americans in and of themselves won't make up the majority but factor in people from Latin America and Asia, it's not going to be our culture and our country as we know it. You guys seem to think I am offering an excuse, I'm not...it is the zeitgeist the spirit of the times.

Oh, some of you talk about riots and go-time and all of that...but that probably isn't going to happen. I am fairly convinced that it is impossible to have a consensus culture when there is a polygot society. It didn't work for the Roman Empire, or the Austro-Hungarian Empre, or even the Soviet Empire. Am I advocating segregation or racial superiority. of course not...but PatMcD look at the "troubles" in Ireland and hatred of Catholics and Protestants, there it isn't even race, it's religion...we are essentially never going to learn how to get along with people different from us...we tolerate but we don't accept and were done...if you are a white middle class male, you are essentially yesterday's newspaper...and becoming increasingly irrelevant and it is a shame that you don't get it...because in the end we can't fight the forces of history...the world doesn't belong to us anymore and just because you don't want it to be so, or just because your ancestors were potato eaters who never owned slaves isn't going to change the outcome much. That, my friends is the sad reality IMO. I know what it is like to live in a consensus culture, sadly most of you will never know. Most of you are totally clueless about how great America was because you never lived through America's greatest years.

Do I sound pessimistic, damn betcha I do. Do I have any advice for the generations who will live in the last half of the 21st Century (some of you might even see the 22nd Century if medical advances continue) absolutely none, except live your life to the fullest and take care of those you love the best you can, because some very troubling times lay ahead.

Last edited:
Clap-clap. Congratulations. You have posted the dumbest post on all the Internetzzzz. Good work. Ever think that trends today may not be the same trends 5 years from now or the next generation? Do you think the Asians, Latin Americans and Africans are going to spit out kids at the same birth rates forever? I don't. There's a reason the lower hemisphere's have never gotten ahead and will never. It is what it is.

Thank you for your kudos, it's good to know I have posted the dumbest post on all the Internetzzzz whatever that is (I try to use English as my primary language, you may want to go back to Bunker Hill Community College and work on your spelling a bit)

Anyway this might interest you, my source is the United States Census Bureau http://www.census.gov/population/www/pop-profile/natproj.html:

The U.S. population is becoming more diverse by race and Hispanic origin.

The race and Hispanic-origin2 distribution of the U.S. population is projected to become more diverse. As the Black; Asian and Pacific Islander; American Indian, Eskimo, and Aleut; and Hispanic-origin populations increase their proportions of the total population, the non-Hispanic White population proportion would decrease. By the turn of the century, the non-Hispanic White proportion of the population is projected to decrease to less than 72 percent with about 13 percent Black; 11 percent Hispanic origin; 4 percent Asian and Pacific Islander; and less than 1 percent American Indian, Eskimo, and Aleut. By 2050, the proportional shares shift quite dramatically. Less than 53 percent would be non-Hispanic White; 16 percent would be Black; 23 percent would be Hispanic origin; 10 percent would be Asian and Pacific Islander; and about 1 percent would be American Indian, Eskimo, and Aleut.

Non-Hispanic Whites, the slowest growing group, are likely to contribute less and less to the total population growth in this country.
Although non-Hispanic Whites make up almost 75 percent of the total population, they would contribute only 35 percent of the total population growth between 1990 and 2000. This percentage of growth would decrease to 23 percent between 2000 and 2010, and 14 percent from 2010 to 2030. The non-Hispanic White population would contribute nothing to population growth after 2030 because it would be declining in size.

According to the middle-series projection, the Black population would increase almost 5 million by 2000, almost 10 million by 2010, and over 20 million by 2030. The Black population would double its present size to 62 million by 2050.

The fastest growing race groups will continue to be the Asian and Pacific Islander population with annual growth rates that may exceed 4 percent during the 1990's. By the turn of the century, the Asian and Pacific Islander population would expand to over 12 million, double its current size by 2010, triple by 2020, and increase to more than 5 times its current size, to 41 million by 2050.

Last edited:
No thanks. I'll stand with Dr. King on this one:

Look I appreciate your thoughts and your ideology, unfortunately this is not about philosophy or morality, it is about the human condition and inability to accept others who are different from us. You are missing the point entirely, it's not about what you or I or anyone else has about a vision or a dream or the "shining city on the hill" it is about what is happening and what is going to happen, IMO.

Do you honestly think that the United States can solve its problems and overcome its liabilities? Do you think that either Willard Romney or Barack Obama can really change things? Do you think those that you will vote for in elections that will happen long after I am gone, are going to bring about Dr. King's dream? I don't...sorry, wish I did. IMO, Your Emminence, you are a victim of history and there is little that you can do to turn the tide.

Our sun is setting...

In the ~ 150 years up to and the 25 years following the birth of this nation, a grand total of about 500k Africans were transported here, out of about 12m transportees. The rest wound up in Brazil / South America.

The Arabs enslaved FAR and away more blacks than we did, even COUNTING the time we were a British colony. I would not be surprised if they hold the world record for slavery.

Now you might ask yourself where did all the damned slaves come from in the first place? Did white ship owners tie up to shore and send out a few good old boys with muskets to round up some stock? No. They did it the old fashioned way. They bought the slaves from local dealerships. These dealers were themselves black Africans that had captured their stock on raids on other tribes, in between visits by the slave ships. (Bortolot, Alexander Ives "The Transatlantic Slave Trade". )

My country outlawed the importation of slaves less than 25 years after it was founded.

My country fought a war 50 years later to abolish slavery. You can argue that it was over something else but the end result was the end of slavery. Check out the "Juneteenth" celebration in Worcester next year and find out how THEY feel about the Civil War / War of Northern Agression.

My country struggled for another 100 years to eradicate the remaining laws and societal conflicts that still held down black Americans.

In the past 60 years, this country has for all intents and purposes eliminated the real impediments to blacks particpating in our culture on an equal basis. Those that are still held back have their own internal issues holding them back.

If it remains "not easy" to be black in America, well, it isn't a cakewalk for hispanics, brazilians, russians, irish, canadians or chinese, either. Take a stroll through Dorchester tonight, alone, unarmed and dressed in a suit and tie, if you think being White is an E-Ticket to Easy Street everywhere in the USA.

I HAVE NOTHING TO APOLOGIZE FOR. Those that so clearly believe I / we do are delusional and will be sadly disappointed.

Maybe I'm becoming a minority now. If you're trying to say that we (whites) could begin to face similar oppression that others have faced before, then sure. Maybe so. Certainly Mr. Jackson would have it that way.

I will contnue to stand proud, respect those that deserve respect, disrespect those that deserve that and defend myself, my loved ones and my ideals in whatever manner is pressed on me.

DAMN I have to stop drinking coffee at night.

My abject apologies if you were jesting.

White people need to stop making money for .gov and just do it for themselves.

In the ~ 150 years up to and the 25 years following the birth of this nation, a grand total of about 500k Africans were transported here, out of about 12m transportees. The rest wound up in Brazil / South America.

The Arabs enslaved FAR and away more blacks than we did, even COUNTING the time we were a British colony. I would not be surprised if they hold the world record for slavery.

Now you might ask yourself where did all the damned slaves come from in the first place? Did white ship owners tie up to shore and send out a few good old boys with muskets to round up some stock? No. They did it the old fashioned way. They bought the slaves from local dealerships. These dealers were themselves black Africans that had captured their stock on raids on other tribes, in between visits by the slave ships. (Bortolot, Alexander Ives "The Transatlantic Slave Trade". )

My country outlawed the importation of slaves less than 25 years after it was founded.

My country fought a war 50 years later to abolish slavery. You can argue that it was over something else but the end result was the end of slavery. Check out the "Juneteenth" celebration in Worcester next year and find out how THEY feel about the Civil War / War of Northern Agression.

My country struggled for another 100 years to eradicate the remaining laws and societal conflicts that still held down black Americans.

In the past 60 years, this country has for all intents and purposes eliminated the real impediments to blacks particpating in our culture on an equal basis. Those that are still held back have their own internal issues holding them back.

If it remains "not easy" to be black in America, well, it isn't a cakewalk for hispanics, brazilians, russians, irish, canadians or chinese, either. Take a stroll through Dorchester tonight, alone, unarmed and dressed in a suit and tie, if you think being White is an E-Ticket to Easy Street everywhere in the USA.

I HAVE NOTHING TO APOLOGIZE FOR. Those that so clearly believe I / we do are delusional and will be sadly disappointed.

Maybe I'm becoming a minority now. If you're trying to say that we (whites) could begin to face similar oppression that others have faced before, then sure. Maybe so. Certainly Mr. Jackson would have it that way.

I will contnue to stand proud, respect those that deserve respect, disrespect those that deserve that and defend myself, my loved ones and my ideals in whatever manner is pressed on me.

DAMN I have to stop drinking coffee at night.

My abject apologies if you were jesting.

I know the history at least as well as you, and it is totally irrelevant because ground truth means nothing it is perception, not fact that guides societal norms. You are correct that whites are facing oppression is precisely my point, and it is not a could. It has nothing to do with how you treat and respect people, it is all about how others treat you, and more importantly how they will treat your children with regard to opportunity.

How many NES members have been discriminated against because they are white, male and predominately middle class, have been turned down for jobs, have been denied admission to certain schools or academic programs? On one level the Williams-Zimmerman case has opened a very ugly wound upon the American psyche. It is not about what you think, it is about how others think about you and view you. What I am hearing is how fair everyone is and how they judge others on their merits, it's not about that at all. It is about how you are being treated and perceived and more importantly how your children will be treated.

Nobody says that you have to apologize for anything, you don't, and even if you did it would be a futile gesture, because nobody want's the white person's apology. There are those that want the wealth, power and social status at the white person's expense, fueled by the perception of past injustices and a sense of entitlement.

Last edited:
Do you think that either Willard Romney or Barack Obama can really change things?

I would never expect any politician or person other than me to make real change in my life. Sure, Barry and Mittens can make it harder or easier for you, but ultimately, you are the captain of your vessel. It's the content of your character and the choices that you make that ultimately matter.

I would never expect any politician or person other than me to make real change in my life. Sure, Barry and Mittens can make it harder or easier for you, but ultimately, you are the captain of your vessel. It's the content of your character and the choices that you make that ultimately matter.

Well said...and if you can pass on those values to your progeny, more power to you.

Unfortunately you are not an island unto yourself. People get caught up in historical events and demographic changes, upheavals in societal norms which are beyond the scope of the individual. Look what happened to the upper classes in both the French and Russian Revolutions, for instance. We are going to see some major social changes which will occur gradually that in all likelihood will put you at a decided disadvantage as you get older. At that point being captain of your destiny will mean very little I am sorry to say.

By 2050, the proportional shares shift quite dramatically. Less than 53 percent would be non-Hispanic White; 16 percent would be Black; 23 percent would be Hispanic origin; 10 percent would be Asian and Pacific Islander; and about 1 percent would be American Indian, Eskimo, and Aleut.

Statistics are a fine thing, however these numbers make a rather big assumption - that population growth rates are not going to change over the next 40 years. Also, it assumes there won't be any events of natural or human-based nature that would affect demographic trends in some significant way.

As far as racial relations are concerned - I believe a far greater amount of black population is brought up in a racist way (as in taught to dislike whites) then whites who are taught to dislike blacks, which mostly occurs in small amount of population that subscribes to white supremacy ideology. I only have anecdotal evidence to support this statement, so take it as you will.

I believe majority of people, at least in New England, judge people by their character rather then their color, so at least in this part of a country I don't see this being a big issue. It is my personal belief that anything that treats people different based on their race is racist and discriminatory, and that goes both ways, including affirmative action policies which discriminate against whites, asians and hispanics.

To thread subject, in Zimmerman's case MSM was absolutely biased (showing Martin's picture when he was 12 and old picture of Zimmerman where he appears much bigger that he is now and is dressed in orange robe), which made me wonder what really happened there - it is clear that whoever is giving media their marching orders wants to politicize this case as much as possible to further their own interests, they can't care less about what actually happened. I prefer to wait until investigation is complete before jumping to any conclusions because we don't really know what events took place which led to that result.

The whole bringing in a special prosecutor and charging the suspect with premeditated murder makes no sense to me, in worst case it appears to be a manslaughter, so something is pretty suspicious there too.

Americans are amateurs at hating. Go to Europe, the hate between groups with minor differences has been running for millennia. You have a lot to learn from them, kids. [wink]

Once resources go dry and ink runs out from printing presses, stupid people tend to die off and together with them are bullshit artists like the "reverends" who pray on them.

It could get ugly if Zimmerman walks. Of course, it will also be interesting to actually hear the facts come out in court, as opposed to all this media-fueled tomfoolery and conjecture.

Back
Top Bottom