WTK: MG parts okay in MA?

Well, everyone was so helpful with my first ever inquiry on the board yesterday regarding AP ammo in MA that I've got another one for the crew.

I know that MG ownership in MA is restricted (maybe some permitting required?), but what about MG parts? Just things like barrels, bolts, feedblocks, etc...but of course nothing that is a firearm in and of itself.

Thanks for any insight!

Well, everyone was so helpful with my first ever inquiry on the board yesterday regarding AP ammo in MA that I've got another one for the crew.

I know that MG ownership in MA is restricted (maybe some permitting required?), but what about MG parts? Just things like barrels, bolts, feedblocks, etc...but of course nothing that is a firearm in and of itself.

Thanks for any insight!

Legal you just need to Be careful with what you have. It's more todo with the federal laws. Building a post example machine gun.

Say you buy a belt fed parts kit.
Totally legal , you just have to be careful with the order of rebuilding it as a semi auto.
You weld the receiver up first there's nothing stoping you to reassemble it as a mg . Smart move is to mod the bolt first .

If you live in a smart town.

Get c&r and apply for the green card .

Other towns you won't get the green card.

Gorgo:

The only truly restricted part is what is considered the "MG" by the feds: the lower on an AR-type; etc. Kind of like the way that a bare frame of a 1911 is a "pistol" to the Feds. There may be issues with "constructive possession" if too many parts are in one place, at one time, but that would be the worry of the buyer, not the seller, IMO.

A belt (even an empty fabric one) is a "Large Capacity Feeding Device" and required an LTC-A or better to possess.

MGs in Mass require a "Green Card" - a machine gun license that is over and above the more-common License to Carry. Some towns/cities will issue, others will not.

From your point of view, as long as you're compliant with Federal laws, you're good to go.

IANAL, YMMV, and all that.

That's great info guys. Once again, thanks for all the clear and concise information. Great board!

What parts did you want to buy etc if you don't mind me asking?

Some guns are basically 95% the same as a fa minus the trigger group.
Ak's are like that .

If you want to make a semi auto from a parts kit . Before you start rebuilding just figure out the order you need to mod / rebuild so it can't fire full auto or have the full auto parts dropped in.

Ak's are like that .

If you want to make a semi auto from a parts kit . Before you start rebuilding just figure out the order you need to mod / rebuild so it can't fire full auto or have the full auto parts dropped in.

I believe OP is interested in selling not buying and is not in MA.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Ak's are like that .

Yes, as josh said, selling, not buying. I've been clearing out a lot of MG stuff and other items that have been known to be restricted in some states. I seem to be getting a lot of inquiries from MA so I've been dipping into the wealth of knowledge on this forum to make sure I'm not putting myself or my buyers in harm's way. I greatly appreciate all the assistance!

With all the inquiries I get from east coast states I probably should post some stuff in the Trader forum on this board :)

Back
Top Bottom