• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Windham Weaponry is closing

They haven't actually manufactured anything there for decades. They were more "assemblers".
The AR market is saturated.
They gave me a quick tour when I bought my first AR in 1992, lots of people and machines. Pat, as always, is right, they were just too small to get economies of scale. ARs in 1992 were Colt and a handful of others, now the best selling firearm in the US.

The once proud Bushmaster got sold / dismantled / restructured / bankrupt / spawned WW / . I can't even keep track anymore of what is what and who owns what. In hindsight WW should have stayed BM . It's a tough market currently with all the skinflint "millspec" AR offerings out there.

The once proud Bushmaster got sold / dismantled / restructured / bankrupt / spawned WW / . I can't even keep track anymore of what is what and who owns what. In hindsight WW should have stayed BM . It's a tough market currently with all the skinflint "millspec" AR offerings out there.
They couldn't stay Bushmaster because Bushmaster was owned by Freedom group and still producing (shit) guns at the same time the WW started up

Because the bottom end of the market is filled with choices and they don't really stand out anymore although I always thought their guns were decent quality for the price point.
The day before Maura's "edict", I went to MFS where they had just sold out dozens of WW ARs for $700

A really nice firearm as far as I'm concerned

I have a heavy barrel AR from them. Got it year one of their start up. Excellent rifle and top quality fit and finish.

Sorry to see this.

Back
Top Bottom