Windham Weaponry

Echo 225

NES Member
What happened?
Just went on their web site to order some spare parts and see their closing up shop. I thought they made some high quality AR s. What happened?

I feel your pain. They were my go to source.

The market is saturated with AR makers. Which is a good thing but also highly competitive.

It is with deep regret that we announce the closing of Windham Weaponry. Our website/online retail ordering system will remain active through Tuesday night, Sept 12. We will do our best to ship all orders this week and early next week. No credit card will be charged until the order is shipped.
Twelve years ago, when we started Windham Weaponry, our shareholders and longtime employees were excited to continue the traditions and spirit of Bushmaster Firearms, after the new owners decided to leave Maine.
We built WW into a company we could be proud of providing outstanding customer service, high quality products, as well as a great place for our dedicated employees to work.
The last few years have been a very challenging time for the firearms industry, and we have struggled to keep the WW dream alive for as long as possible. Unfortunately, we have not been able to meet our loan obligations with the bank after they worked with us as much as they could.
There was a glimmer of hope when we were negotiating with an investor to help keep WW alive and healthy, but that just fell through.
We have begun discussions with Keenan Auction Company to determine the best course of action for a full liquidation which should happen within the next month or so.
Our shareholders and employees truly appreciate your loyal support all of these years.

Just got an email from WW saying they are open and building guns again under new ownership. They are also honoring all lifetime warranties
I looked at the website. Prices seem outrageously high:

30 round magazines, $19.99
stripped upper $125
stripped bolt, $59.95
complete bolt carrier, $199.95

And no specs are listed. Are the bolts MPI? Are the receivers 7075 or the less durable 6061?

I'll take a hard pass...

If they're just getting going under new ownership, maybe they deserve a little time to do everything necessary to run a good business. It doesn't happen overnight.
Maybe with respect to prices and I am willing to pay a little for quality and for Maine. But I repeat, no specs are listed and that is a huge problem.

I looked at the website. Prices seem outrageously high:

30 round magazines, $19.99
stripped upper $125
stripped bolt, $59.95
complete bolt carrier, $199.95

And no specs are listed. Are the bolts MPI? Are the receivers 7075 or the less durable 6061?

I'll take a hard pass...
I guess you’d be happier if they just failed to exist? Sometimes it ain’t about the money. It’s always been an expensive sport

I guess you’d be happier if they just failed to exist? Sometimes it ain’t about the money. It’s always been an expensive sport
They never made high end product which is probably why they had difficulties. Commercial buffer tubes, 1/9 barrels, non MPI bolts and carriers that were not chrome or black salt nitride. Basically a less than Palmetto Rifle at a price close to Colt.

I am not happy or sad about this. But as I said, I will pay for quality especially from a Maine company, I will not buy substandard equipment. Many on this board lament the demise of a gun maker. I do not because they caused this by choosing to use lower end parts.

Back
Top Bottom