• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Windham Weaponry is closing

The once proud Bushmaster got sold / dismantled / restructured / bankrupt / spawned WW / . I can't even keep track anymore of what is what and who owns what. In hindsight WW should have stayed BM . It's a tough market currently with all the skinflint "millspec" AR offerings out there.
I have a Bushie H-Bar A-3 config I bought years before they were sold to Freedom Group. It's a great rifle and can shoot far more accurately than I can. Sad to hear WW is packing up shop. :confused:

Their swag shop in getting to be sold out. Was trying to pick up a hat. :( I guess it's too late for an A2 assembled upper. I could never decide 1:7 or 1:9

Old man dies and the looser son folds the tent.... I love my rifle...always frustrating when we lose a firearms company.
They were outmarketed by the bigs. No shops going to buy craft pedestrian guns when S&W et al are doing "buy 5 of these, get a free handgun" type deals. Windham probably could have saved themselves if they mostly went a little upmarket instead of selling the same $800 gun everyone else does.

I wonder what will happen to WW's tooling? My understanding is they bought what they have from Bushmaster when they were sold. I wonder if another AR manufacturer will step in and set up shop as a turnkey operation and kick up the perceived quality a notch or two.

I wonder what will happen to WW's tooling? My understanding is they bought what they have from Bushmaster when they were sold. I wonder if another AR manufacturer will step in and set up shop as a turnkey operation and kick up the perceived quality a notch or two.
Didn't Windham pick up the mgi stuff when they closed too?

Didn't Windham pick up the mgi stuff when they closed too?
I dunno. I thought MGI was still in business somewhere in CT but not sure. Firearms manufacturers come and go and are absorbed by other companies so often, it's hard to keep track of it any more.

They are going to auction it off

They are going to auction it off
The ex-Littleton gang will start a bidding war. Stowe is about to become an AR manufacturing hub.

Guns sales volume down, gun prices especially ARs down, financing costs going through the roof.

Sign post for the broader economy, but guns are a particularly cyclical business.

They definitely were outmarketed by other brands. You rarely come across anything WW on youtube, social media, etc.

I don't know what Windham, ME was like, but Carson City, NV was one of the places I always enjoyed traveling to.

The happy fun ball is I have no idea "who actually owns" Bushmaster anymore, it might not even be Freedom group, a googling says "Franklin Armory" but who knows what
that means (or who owns them). The corpoartism in the back end of the industry has gone full retard. [laugh]
I believe you are correct that Franklin Armory bought them during the Remington Bankruptcy.

I love my GI style A-2 HBAR built by Bushmaster in the early 90’s. It says Windham and it’s a beautiful, reliable tack driver of a rifle. If the house burned down, I’d save that first.

WTF on earth why?

Guess all my WW builds didn't help prop them up.
It's an oversaturated market with no 'scare' currently happening. There was probably a reason Bushmaster? sold off the plant. There are tons of 'entry level' guns out there. Unless you have the panache to overcharge for your name, you are swimming in water with lots of other fishes.

Back
Top Bottom