• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Win a Nighthawk Talon II custom 1911

Holy crap! I just logged into my email, I'm on vacation, and saw the notice! Just about fell out of my chair...

Now I have to wait until next week until I can get it.[smile]

Thanks guys!

Well, Sean just came by and picked up his Nighthawk. I was strongly tempted to pretend I wasn't home, or that someone had burglarized my house a couple of hours earlier and, though defeated by all my other gun safes and storage cabinets, somehow managed to make off with the Nighthawk. Oh well, enjoy it, Sean.

Ken

Congrats Keystone! Now you've got to sell off your current 1911, buy lots of ammo and bring it out and shoot some IDPA!

I was thinking I should save up $2k (that should only take a few years...) and upgrade my Springfield to a Professional, so that it can compete [grin]

But yes, I do need to make it out to an IDPA match. I need to visit PA again when I actually have money to burn - where the ammo flows like water!

Thanks for the congrats, everyone. I threw a picture up in the June Acquisitions thread. I'll be heading out to the range to enjoy it, soon!

Took her out for a test drive today.

Can I have another one? [smile]

06152010.jpg

Those were the first 4 mags out of the gun, at 7 yards. I've gone from "patterns" with my Springfield, to honest to goodness groups! My guess is the trigger, as my SA is pretty heavy. Either that, or Nighthawk has equipped the gun with a device that attaches a radar-guided warhead on the tip of the bullet.

This is an awesome gun, feels great, shoots great, doesn't bean me in the head when ejecting brass (who designed those things to eject to the right, anyway?). The grips feel like they fit my hand better than the Springfield, but I can't quite figure why. The springfield feels smaller, though it has an arched mainspring housing and the Nighthawk has a flat one. It may be the grips, I can't see much difference, or it could be an illusion caused by the checkering on the Nighthawk frame. Either way, it fits better.

So when are we raffling off another one? I could use another [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom