• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wife might soon get her LTC !

Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
The Mrs and I took a ride over to the E Bridgewater show yesterday. On the way over I told her that I wished she'd get her LTC. I mentioned that she's out at night quite often, and if anything should happen to me she'd have some difficulties with my collection. Also if I got into a medical problem while she was with me she wouldn't be able to take my gun as they hauled me off to the Doc.

She surprised me and said, "Well I can't do it by myself as I don't know what to do."

At the show, we looked at a lot of handguns and she was interested in the jframes.

It looks like I've got to find a safety class for her. [smile]

Last edited:
Congrats & good luck.

Your reasons are similar to what I used with my Wife some 28 years ago, along with a lot of insistence by me at the time. It then took another ~26 years before she showed any interest in shooting. Small steps . . . one at a time.

Congrats Pilgrim. I am attempting the same thing with my wife. Not going so well. I am just trying to get her in a firearms safety class. I know I would feel a lot more comfortable if she took the class along with my 14 y/o daughter.

Must be in the air because my wife is going to the Marion PD this Saturday, they offer a free course. I told her I'd split the license fee with her as an incentive to get her going.

Congrats, It's always nice to see our better halves take interest in our passions, just make sure "after" she gets her LTC you tell her to keep her damn hands of your guns and to buy her own. This is a reverse psychological way of adding more guns to your collection.

It must be something in the air.

Sunday night my wife said: "we should get me a gun for when I'm out walking the dog."

Congrats, It's always nice to see our better halves take interest in our passions, just make sure "after" she gets her LTC you tell her to keep her damn hands of your guns and to buy her own. This is a reverse psychological way of adding more guns to your collection.

No, no, no, that is not how it works.[laugh] What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine.[laugh] Glenn has lost a few guns to me.[laugh]

When opting for the lady to get her LTC one should consider the reality of what happens when all the scenarios are considered. Do any of you recall the Linda Hamilton incident back around 2000 in Western Mass.She had a LTC and showed her gun to a 18 wheeler driver that was trying to force her off the road.

Go to www.mcsm.org/hamilton.html for a quick review. She lost her gun. lost her LTC and later her mind and life. All because of this one incident.

Everyone should get a LTC but they need to know all the benefits and dangers of such carry. They need the mindset to know when it is proper to use and a good lawyer to defend you when you do.

Last edited:
Gaffer, you are right, so here's a plug for them taking "The Art of Concealed Carry" AFTER they get their LTC. GOAL gives it (Darius/Cross-X and Jon Green) frequently.

But first step first! They need the initial class to get the LTC, then lots of practice, then consider CCW. MOST MA LTC holders never get beyond the "getting the LTC" stage. VERY small percentage CCW anywhere at all in MA.

Also be aware that Linda did some very stupid things that hurt her case badly. This isn't the place to debate this, but that's why more training (on legal issues, etc.) is needed for anyone considering CCW.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom