Why is S&W giving me such a hard time? ...and lying

She's wrong, but to me it sounds like she's taking a strict, literal interpretation of what's on S&W's website...

Let me get this straight? You're arguing with them about a 10 round mag.... which is something that most of us pretty much throw in the trash or in a junk drawer the moment the gun comes out of the box... [laugh]
-Mike

Same goes for supplied trigger locks and the spent, fired casing that comes in a little envelope.

I'm not sure if the issue is that they will not mail ANY magazines to somebody in MA. If that is true then just add them to the list of companies who have cowered before the AG and refuse service to MA residents for various firearms and ammunition components.

To everyone that offered me a 10 round, you ALL ROCK and I appreciate it! I am really not as worked up as it sounds. I am simply making conversation and MA annoys me. I called and corrected them on the law. It is their POLICY and he informed me that anyone that sells a magazine (10 rounds) to MA without checking an LTC is committing a crime. Morons.

I have a 10 round PMAG somewhere... If I can find it tonight it's yours.

10 round mags are USELESS.

I have a AR with a WOA varmint upper on it that I shoot at 200 yds from a bench and anything larger than my 10 rounder (I own a bunch of 20's and 30's) doesn't fit between the magwell and the bench. However, when I'm in full operator mode I only use the 30's.

20 round mags are the only thing I've found to be useless.

I would get rid of that pos smith and look at what Ruger has to offer. Smith and Wesson is not the same company it was in the last century. Most of there guns made today are lousy and not worth the inflated prices they charge for them. My model41 is from the late 70's, my model 29 is from the early 80's and they still work flawlessly. I dont know how many 44 magnums i have put through it over the years but it is a lot. The same with the model 41 it has close to 8 or 9k through it. The newer stuff from them just doesnt seem to stand up to past quality. Today I choose Ruger over Smith.....unless it is an older one. Of course this is just my humble opinion.

bob

I would get rid of that pos smith and look at what Ruger has to offer. Smith and Wesson is not the same company it was in the last century. Most of there guns made today are lousy and not worth the inflated prices they charge for them. My model41 is from the late 70's, my model 29 is from the early 80's and they still work flawlessly. I dont know how many 44 magnums i have put through it over the years but it is a lot. The same with the model 41 it has close to 8 or 9k through it. The newer stuff from them just doesnt seem to stand up to past quality. Today I choose Ruger over Smith.....unless it is an older one. Of course this is just my humble opinion.

bob

I love my M&P 15 Sport II. Built very nice and a joy to shoot. I also love my SHIELD. Not sure they are POS firearms.

I have a AR with a WOA varmint upper on it that I shoot at 200 yds from a bench and anything larger than my 10 rounder (I own a bunch of 20's and 30's) doesn't fit between the magwell and the bench. However, when I'm in full operator mode I only use the 30's.

you should be in full operator mode 24/7

What do you have for a rest on that bench, a rolled up stale sandwich from subway? [rofl] 20s usually fit just fine.

-Mike

Magazines are disposable items. I'd cut my losses with S&W and order 10 round PMags if I wanted poly, those mags are nice too. Or order 10 rounders from C Products. They offer different coatings colors followers and stainless or aluminum. Shipped right to you.

Yup Smith and Wesson is going down hill. Here is my interaction with them over your case.

Thank you for choosing Smith&Wesson. A representative will be with you shortly. You are now chatting with 'Ashley'
Ashley: Hello Craig, welcome to our live chat service!
Craig Barter: Hi Ashley are you with customer service?
Ashley: How may I help you today?
Ashley: Yes, I am.
Craig Barter: I'm a share holder and customer of S&W and always received great product and customer service. I want to send a link to a blog on northeastshooters to see if you could reach out to the person that had an issue with your company.
Craig Barter: https://www.northeastshooters.com/v...-S-amp-W-giving-me-such-a-hard-time-and-lying
Ashley: Please give me one moment to pull this link up.
Ashley: Unfortunately we cannot send any magazines to residents of MA so I will not be able to bend rules.
Craig Barter: Would they need to go back to where they bought the gun to replace the magazine?
Ashley: We can certainly send a magazine to their dealer. We are familiar with this customers case and have provided them will all the information they need.
Craig Barter: Ok so is it Massachusetts law or company policy not to send magazines? Do you have a copy of either?
Ashley: We are not here to provide legal information. If said customer needs a copy of their state laws, they can contact their local dealer or law enforcement agency.
Ashley: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Craig Barter: No I am now just as dissatisfied with your response as he is. Looks like your company is going in the wrong direction.
Ashley: I apologize you are not happy with my response. Unfortunately as I mentioned earlier, I cannot break the rules.
Craig Barter: Yup my future purchases will be your competitors.

So what's the problem with this?

They at least can explain the reason why they can't ship to the customer. If it's company policy than they should have that available. If it's Mass state law then show it. Whats the secret? I personally would go back to the dealer where I bought it but they can at least be helpful instead of blowing off questions.

When a pistol magazine fell apart on me last year, I called them and they told me they would be happy to replace it for free, but because I live in MA they have to ship to an FFL. Luckily FS is 10 minutes away, and I go there periodically anyway. So I said fine, and the next time I went to FS it was there waiting for me. I told the guy at the counter my name and he just handed me the package.

OP doesn't want to drive to his FFL.
I'm guessing here but isn't it the same place he picked up the rifle to begin with? How far can it be? Mind you, I understand it's the principle of the matter. But if that's the only way they wanna do it then ... if you want it, just do it

Yup Smith and Wesson is going down hill. Here is my interaction with them over your case.

Thank you for choosing Smith&Wesson. A representative will be with you shortly. You are now chatting with 'Ashley'
Ashley: Hello Craig, welcome to our live chat service!
Craig Barter: Hi Ashley are you with customer service?
Ashley: How may I help you today?
Ashley: Yes, I am.
Craig Barter: I'm a share holder and customer of S&W and always received great product and customer service. I want to send a link to a blog on northeastshooters to see if you could reach out to the person that had an issue with your company.
Craig Barter: https://www.northeastshooters.com/v...-S-amp-W-giving-me-such-a-hard-time-and-lying
Ashley: Please give me one moment to pull this link up.
Ashley: Unfortunately we cannot send any magazines to residents of MA so I will not be able to bend rules.
Craig Barter: Would they need to go back to where they bought the gun to replace the magazine?
Ashley: We can certainly send a magazine to their dealer. We are familiar with this customers case and have provided them will all the information they need.
Craig Barter: Ok so is it Massachusetts law or company policy not to send magazines? Do you have a copy of either?
Ashley: We are not here to provide legal information. If said customer needs a copy of their state laws, they can contact their local dealer or law enforcement agency.
Ashley: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Craig Barter: No I am now just as dissatisfied with your response as he is. Looks like your company is going in the wrong direction.
Ashley: I apologize you are not happy with my response. Unfortunately as I mentioned earlier, I cannot break the rules.
Craig Barter: Yup my future purchases will be your competitors.

I love how she turns it into a rule-bending scenario. You didn't ask her to bend any rule.

They at least can explain the reason why they can't ship to the customer. If it's company policy than they should have that available. If it's Mass state law then show it. Whats the secret? I personally would go back to the dealer where I bought it but they can at least be helpful instead of blowing off questions.

Pretty sure that Mass law requires an LTC or FID for the sale of a feeding device to a consumer. S&W not set up to examine LTC's that is why they just ship to your local dealer.

I will try to find the MGL.

Pretty sure that Mass law requires an LTC or FID for the sale of a feeding device to a consumer. S&W not set up to examine LTC's that is why they just ship to your local dealer.

I will try to find the MGL.

Only for LCAFDs, although there was a debate awhile ago for non LCAFDs but I don't think it ever amounted to anything.

Even if there was, it's not like S&W couldn't have said "We have an S&W dealer near you, businblah... we're going to send the mag there to pick it up and you can ship us the bad one" or something.

-Mike

True

- - - Updated - - -

By the way

"We are not here to provide legal information. If said customer needs a copy of their state laws, they can contact their local dealer or law enforcement agency."

SASS LEVEL: EXPERT

Only for LCAFDs, although there was a debate awhile ago for non LCAFDs but I don't think it ever amounted to anything.

Even if there was, it's not like S&W couldn't have said "We have an S&W dealer near you, businblah... we're going to send the mag there to pick it up and you can ship us the bad one" or something.

-Mike

If you look at the original post that is what S&W said- we will ship to a dealer for you.

Back
Top Bottom