Why is S&W giving me such a hard time? ...and lying

bender73

NES Member
Long story short I purchased an M&P 15 Sport II and love it. However, the 10rd mag they supplied fails to feed well and I sent them an email to replace it. After many emails and delays they are telling me they cannot legally send me a 10rd magazine in MA. I have to go to the dealer.

Ok, maybe I am wrong but I order all the time from online retailers, eBay, etc. 10 rounds!

On top of that, S&W did send me a 10rd magazine in 2013. I purchased from their site and they sent it to me. They are now telling me they did not. I sent them the invoice as proof and they said it "No, that order was blocked." I HAVE IT! It came in the mail and I use it.

Are they delusional?

Most likely got one of those letters from our wonderful AG and scared.. sad that they are dicking you around over a 10 round mag..

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Let me get this straight? You're arguing with them about a 10 round mag.... which is something that most of us pretty much throw in the trash or in a junk drawer the moment the gun comes out of the box... [laugh] Not excusing the shitty CS from them... but there's a cost/benefit analysis here and by taking up an argument with them about a magazine that is intrinsically junk, every second you spend doing that is pretty much wasted time.

-Mike

Let me get this straight? You're arguing with them about a 10 round mag.... which is something that most of us pretty much throw in the trash or in a junk drawer the moment the gun comes out of the box... [laugh] Not excusing the shitty CS from them... but there's a cost/benefit analysis here and by taking up an argument with them about a magazine that is intrinsically junk, every second you spend doing that is pretty much wasted time.

-Mike

Are we not all idealists in this place? :)

It is the principle of the matter. Yes, I use the pre-ban or Hexmags, but I do like short 10 rounders on the table for long-range, etc. I am a small guy.

Most likely got one of those letters from our wonderful AG and scared.. sad that they are dicking you around over a 10 round mag..

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

You could talk to the AG about their unfair and deceptive business practices. Isn't that what the AG's office is for?

[wink]

I went through a very similar situation with them. The nice young lady in customer service had herself convinced that a 10 round magazine had a total capacity of 11. Ten in the magazine and one in the chamber, therefor a no no to MA. I told her in no uncertain terms that she was making a terrible error. Eventually she ran it high enough up the ladder that my magazines shipped. My adventure was for 9mm 1911 mags.

The woman let me know that they had been taken to task for shipping non compliant magazines into ban states and as a result they were attempting to exercise an abundance of caution.

I went through a very similar situation with them. The nice young lady in customer service had herself convinced that a 10 round magazine had a total capacity of 11. Ten in the magazine and one in the chamber, therefor a no no to MA. I told her in no uncertain terms that she was making a terrible error. Eventually she ran it high enough up the ladder that my magazines shipped. My adventure was for 9mm 1911 mags.

The woman let me know that they had been taken to task for shipping non compliant magazines into ban states and as a result they were attempting to exercise an abundance of caution.

Did you tell them "When you guys send them to MA dealers, where I bought this gun from, there are 10 round mags IN THE ****ING BOX. You put them there." [rofl]

-Mike

Did you tell them "When you guys send them to MA dealers, where I bought this gun from, there are 10 round mags IN THE ****ING BOX. You put them there." [rofl]

-Mike

Do you really think that logic was going to win that argument?

It needed the approval of someone less stupid than the first moron. [thinking]

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/765895/magpul-pmag-m3-magazine-ar-15-223-remington

$13.25.

$13.25.

that's what you're arguing about. how much time have you already spent on this? how much is your time worth?

i think the folks you're talking to at S&W are still trying to decide whether you're serious or not. i sure am.

What don't you understand? I need a REPLACEMENT for the defective 10 rounder I paid for and they will not ship it to me. I should not have to pay a penny for a replacement. Now, I have other mags but I simply asked them to replace the defective mag I purchased and they said they cannot.

EDIT: maybe you have all this free time to drive to the dealer and give them the mag. Have them ship it to S&W. They will send a replacement back to the dealer and I have to drive there to get it.

Last edited:
Gotta get a paper trail first.

I get the principle thing so I agree with you staying the course. Though from your own posts it sounds like you already have your paper trail. I find it funny that a company outside of Springfield, MA still doesn't fully understand the laws in it's own state. Though CS may be housed out of state, but still.

For me I'd call and tell them I'm coming to the factory, that I want a replacement when I show up and a free tour of the facility because of the hassle.

Return the defective magazine to the factory and tell them you want it repaired under their lifetime warranty policy. Failing that return they entire rifle with the magazine and say that there is something wrong with your rifle because it won't feed the bullets correctly.

You gotta be as stupid as their Customer Service.

For a while after S&W got slammed by thousands of gun owners for being Clintonista Synchophants they became really customer service oriented. The reason was simple, they lost all of their institutional sales to the Austrian Curtain Rod Maker. Well they had to rely solely on the civilian market (Rugers major marketing thrust). Now with the M&P solidly selling in both civilian and .gov contracts they don't care again.
The trouble is S&W is viewed as an American Icon, a legend of mythic proportions by many, when in fact they are just another gun company, no better and no worse than any other and right now they could care less about you because business is good. Now when HK or Sig gets the new Army Pistol Contract and PDs drop the M&P to get what the .mil carries, and when Bernie or Hilary get the new Draconian gun laws passed, the policy will change and S&W will love you again. Take that to the bank, I've seen it in my lifetime.

You are making a big deal of this IMO and taking it to this forum isn't solving the problem IMO, only illustrating that you like to charge Windmills. I'd call S&W and arrange to do business the old fashioned way: FTF. Set up a meeting with one of their VPs and cut to the chase. Put on a suit and tie. You are doing them a favor in the long run. The time you spent ranting, could have been spent coordinating this.

If you don't like my rant, simply ignore me. I see a thousand useless posts and quite frankly I am making conversation over an issue that will likely affect someone else here. It is full-blown stupid to tell me they cannot send me a replacement and I do indeed plan to chat with them about it.

If it bothers you that I am someone that gets upset McDonalds forgets the sweet and sour sauce so I call an complain then by all means ignore me.

;-)

Cheers!

If you don't like my rant, simply ignore me. I see a thousand useless posts and quite frankly I am making conversation over an issue that will likely affect someone else here. It is full-blown stupid to tell me they cannot send me a replacement and I do indeed plan to chat with them about it.

If it bothers you that I am someone that gets upset McDonalds forgets the sweet and sour sauce so I call an complain then by all means ignore me.

;-)

Cheers!

I was right there with you up until the McDonalds thing ..................

maybe you have all this free time to drive to the dealer and give them the mag. Have them ship it to S&W. They will send a replacement back to the dealer and I have to drive there to get it.

my friends and i have actually set 10 round mags on fire so there's that.

I'll give you a ten rounder (if I can even remember what I did with it) where are you located?

chill poster is chill. [cheers]

Back
Top Bottom