Where do you put your nightstand gun when your at work?

Mine are buried disassembled in cement.
And no ammunition in the house at all.
I don't want to violate safe storage laws or take a chance I might be tempted to use it in self defense.
Did I pass the test? [grin]

The home defense handgun is full size with a light on it. When I leave the house it goes in the gun cabinet and I grab my Bodyguard or LC9s for pocket carry.

I sleep with my nightstand gun in my skivvies. Woke up with morning wood and nearly blew my balls off. Thank god for 13lb mass triggers.

Gave me a new appreciation for the term half cocked. Maybe I should rethink the whole round in the chamber thing? ... Nah.

I just leave everything laying out all under my direct control willy-nilly.

FIFY.

We don't particularly care about "direct control" north of your border [wink]

That being said, when I lived inside those borders, I didn't particularly care either. In fact, I didn't even own a safe/cabinet until I had lived in NH for over a year. And I certainly didn't have to unpin the stock on my AR, or sell all my old magazines to fund all new PMags.

I sleep with my nightstand gun in my skivvies. Woke up with morning wood and nearly blew my balls off. Thank god for 13lb mass triggers.

Gave me a new appreciation for the term half cocked. Maybe I should rethink the whole round in the chamber thing? ... Nah.

I read

"I sleep with my nightstand in my skivvies. Woke up with morning wood..."

...but what you actually wrote was still funnier. [rofl]

(No more late night Monty Python + medication for me.)

Speedvault bolted to the side of the nightstand.
Can program it to push 3 buttons (takes about 1second), pistol pops out.
http://www.gunvault.com/sv500.html
I wouln't keep in in there when i go off on vacation, lock it in a better safe.
But it takes care of the legalities in the PRM and its as quick or quicker than opening the drawer.
Can find it for around $150 on sale sometimes.

Like this. Just saw it over on Amazon for $122. Thinking of ordering it.

But it takes care of the legalities in the PRM and its as quick or quicker than opening the drawer.

And 100% reliable too, I'm sure... guaranteed to never fail, with "low battery" warnings etc etc. Made in America like all electronics are these days I'm sure...
I'll Pass.

Last edited:
Same place as when I am at home. Attached to my bed frame.

IMG_3531.JPG

I have this but mounted to wall stud. I am happy with it with good battery life with decent 12v battery.

Back
Top Bottom