• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where do you put your nightstand gun when your at work?

Mine are buried disassembled in cement.
And no ammunition in the house at all.
I don't want to violate safe storage laws or take a chance I might be tempted to use it in self defense.
Did I pass the test? [grin]

The home defense handgun is full size with a light on it. When I leave the house it goes in the gun cabinet and I grab my Bodyguard or LC9s for pocket carry.

I sleep with my nightstand gun in my skivvies. Woke up with morning wood and nearly blew my balls off. Thank god for 13lb mass triggers.

Gave me a new appreciation for the term half cocked. Maybe I should rethink the whole round in the chamber thing? ... Nah.

I just leave everything laying out all under my direct control willy-nilly.

FIFY.

We don't particularly care about "direct control" north of your border [wink]

That being said, when I lived inside those borders, I didn't particularly care either. In fact, I didn't even own a safe/cabinet until I had lived in NH for over a year. And I certainly didn't have to unpin the stock on my AR, or sell all my old magazines to fund all new PMags.

I sleep with my nightstand gun in my skivvies. Woke up with morning wood and nearly blew my balls off. Thank god for 13lb mass triggers.

Gave me a new appreciation for the term half cocked. Maybe I should rethink the whole round in the chamber thing? ... Nah.

I read

"I sleep with my nightstand in my skivvies. Woke up with morning wood..."

...but what you actually wrote was still funnier. [rofl]

(No more late night Monty Python + medication for me.)

Speedvault bolted to the side of the nightstand.
Can program it to push 3 buttons (takes about 1second), pistol pops out.
http://www.gunvault.com/sv500.html
I wouln't keep in in there when i go off on vacation, lock it in a better safe.
But it takes care of the legalities in the PRM and its as quick or quicker than opening the drawer.
Can find it for around $150 on sale sometimes.

Like this. Just saw it over on Amazon for $122. Thinking of ordering it.

But it takes care of the legalities in the PRM and its as quick or quicker than opening the drawer.

And 100% reliable too, I'm sure... guaranteed to never fail, with "low battery" warnings etc etc. Made in America like all electronics are these days I'm sure...
I'll Pass.

Last edited:
Same place as when I am at home. Attached to my bed frame.

IMG_3531.JPG

I have this but mounted to wall stud. I am happy with it with good battery life with decent 12v battery.

Back
Top Bottom