Whats your Hording Number?

If you regulate yourself from buying prebans from NES, sure. Look elsewhere for your prebans.

I just bought 14 prebans from gunbroker, along with 10 Magpul followers...total per mag...$13 bucks a piece. 10 of them would have been $8.50 a piece if I didn't buy the followers or 4 almost mint Colt prebans along with them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Same here, when I travel for work, I am on constant search for people in free states who want to unload their old prebans. I've found fully functional, in pretty good shape, 20rd Prebans for $8-10/each. 30rds for around $15.

Actually, I think I might have posted the wrong answer. The correct answer is 42.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at Four Seasons and Collector's yesterday. They cheapest 9mm was $18/50 rounds for Aguila.

Ouch. Market floor is like $13-15 range, but maybe that winter ammo break has caused another price bump.

-Mike

I was at Four Seasons and Collector's yesterday. They cheapest 9mm was $18/50 rounds for Aguila.

That's horrid. I am so glad I don't need to travel anywhere for ammo anymore (no, I am not reloading as well). Paying $18/50 rounds of 45acp, $27.80/100 of Tula 7.62 and $8.34/20 XM193 Fed here.

Last edited:
1,000 rounds is not even enough to go to a training class for a day.

If you own an AR 1k rounds is only 33 mags. You should own more than 33 mags and they should all be full.

I read stuff like this and my anxiety level spikes and I rush to Gunbroker. [rofl]

- - - Updated - - -

I rather shoot my ammo then look at it.

In the coming apocalypse, I'd rather be looking at my ammo than sharpening sticks.

Right now i have 100 Carry & 500 Range for my 9mm. and i am obsessed with hitting 1000.

I had the same thinking for a while. I put together 1000 rounds of range and 200 of carry and stuck it in a box to not be touched unless the world ends. Then I keep a separate supply of carry and range for ongoing use. Recently I started having a rethink of the stored ammo. In the situation where I need to break into the reserve ammo I want it to be carry ammo, so I'm working on slowly buying up premium JHPs and replacing the range ammo with carry ammo. My goal is to eventually have 2000 rounds of carry 9mm stored.

I had the same thinking for a while. I put together 1000 rounds of range and 200 of carry and stuck it in a box to not be touched unless the world ends. Then I keep a separate supply of carry and range for ongoing use. Recently I started having a rethink of the stored ammo. In the situation where I need to break into the reserve ammo I want it to be carry ammo, so I'm working on slowly buying up premium JHPs and replacing the range ammo with carry ammo. My goal is to eventually have 2000 rounds of carry 9mm stored.

What kind of situation do you envision that will require 2000 rounds of premium 9mm? Wouldn't you be better off stocking up on a rifle caliber

Step 1) you can lift it all
Step 2) it weighs more than you
Step 3) you need a separate room to store it all.

Step 4) You need a UHaul, maybe a placard, a convoy, and a long discussion in order to get it out of state when you decide to move.

+1 Now your getting your head and a** wired together.

Yep and as soon as I can finish my AR build my priorities will probably shift to 1000 9mm and 5000 5.56.

I can understand having 1000 9mm around for practice and in case the shortage gets worse. But to stockpile 1000 rounds of premium carry ammo does not make a lot of sense to me. You know the old saying about fire arms during a SHTF situation........"the pistol on your side is to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have put down in the first place". If you goal is to have ammo in case you actually need it some day and you are not independently wealth I'd suggest stockpiling like 100 rounds of premium 9mm......a bunch of practice ammo and up that 5.56 to 6,000 rounds.

I can understand having 1000 9mm around for practice and in case the shortage gets worse. But to stockpile 1000 rounds of premium carry ammo does not make a lot of sense to me. You know the old saying about fire arms during a SHTF situation........"the pistol on your side is to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have put down in the first place". If you goal is to have ammo in case you actually need it some day and you are not independently wealth I'd suggest stockpiling like 100 rounds of premium 9mm......a bunch of practice ammo and up that 5.56 to 6,000 rounds.

Haha ya. See one of my earlier comments. I said as soon as I finish my AR build my priority will likely shift to 1000 9mm and 5000 of 5.56.

Wasn't being negative, I think having a large stock of ammo means your ready for the next shortage. Besides you'll probably run low on money first.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Buy it cheap stack it deep. Lost count look at 8mm ammo have to rifles feed. I would cost a lot to feed a gun at around $.60 a round. It would cost a lot to go shooting. Next is 762x54R is the next I'm hording. Gun's a useless with out ammo. I can't be leave the price of 22 long rifle. I bet a few years ago when someone would say it would hard to find 22 long he would of got his balls busted. So hording is the only way to go.

If you're looking to get a rifle and stack ammo deep, the best deal around right now is something chambered in 5.45x39. Ammo is still readily available $160/1080 rounds.

That extra 800 rounds of 9MM will be worth more than gold if SHTF. How many do you think are poorly prepared and will pay well to acquire goods after the fact? Also, do you expect to only have one handgun in the game? Everyone in the family will be carrying at that point ... better go buy another 1000 ... and more guns ...

I only have one or two boxes of carry ammo, each caliber. I don't shoot people too often.

I like to have 1000 rounds of range ammo, each caliber. Except for 22lr, what's the legal limit for that again???? [wink]
pretty much just summed up my philosophy!

Back
Top Bottom