Whats your Hording Number?

I was just wondering what most people feel is an adequate supply? Carry Rounds vs Range Ammo?

right now i feel like i am hunting ammo to have 1000 rounds. Right now i have 100 Carry & 500 Range for my 9mm. and i am obsessed with hitting 1000.

Adequate is needing one of these to move around your ammo: (I don't think I'll ever have a cool hat like this guy, though)

Back when things were good, though, I could sleep at night having 1000 rounds per caliber in -reserve- (eg, didn't get shot unless I couldn't find ammo) unless it was something exotic.

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Adequate is needing one of these to move around your ammo: (I don't think I'll ever have a cool hat like this guy, though)

Back when things were good, though, I could sleep at night having 1000 rounds per caliber in -reserve- (eg, didn't get shot unless I couldn't find ammo) unless it was something exotic.

-Mike

He does Indeed have a Cool Hat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Freedom allows each individual to come up with his own number.

What is "hoarding" ... is it related to "gouging"? These are two words I never use.

A gun without ammo is pretty useless. Try to plan for a hypothetical future situation where you can't just walk into a store and buy whatever you need.

I only have one or two boxes of carry ammo, each caliber. I don't shoot people too often.

I like to have 1000 rounds of range ammo, each caliber. Except for 22lr, what's the legal limit for that again???? [wink]

when you measure your ammo in pounds instead of numbers, you're well stocked

when you switch from pounds to tons, you're hoarding

I keep a relatively small amount of carry ammo (purchased high end ammo) vs. range ammo. When I reload a caliber I usually do it in batches of 1000 so I feel having 1k of range ammo per caliber is minimum. The last few purchases of component bullets I made were all JHP as they don't cost much more and it ups my supply of defensive rounds.

Once prices return to normal I will try to stock up to the legal amount

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

I'm trying to have 1-2 yrs of ammo for each caliber I shoot.

About the same for me, but maybe 3 years as I don't get out that much any more. Milsurp save pistol and carbine.
1000 8mm
600 30/06
500 M1 carbine
100-300 of 9mm, .32acp, .45acp, .303 Brit.

Lol, when I read this I pictured your avitar saying it [laugh]

Me too! Like that talking dolphin from Seaquest....a tv show that didn't last long about a million years ago....as for ammo stash.....your wife sees inside your safe and screams....which means you don't have enough...she needs to faint

I was just wondering what most people feel is an adequate supply? Carry Rounds vs Range Ammo?

right now i feel like i am hunting ammo to have 1000 rounds. Right now i have 100 Carry & 500 Range for my 9mm. and i am obsessed with hitting 1000.

You have a lot to learn young padawan :)

1000 rounds of 9mm!?!?!? I'm searching to get to 2000 of each caliber I own.......30-06, 357 mag, 12G (I'm actually good on that), 20G, and 22lr.

And in case Martha or her cronies are watching the site today.......I know I'm "allowed" 10k centerfire, 10k rimfire, and 5k shotgun.....I'm well under that and "all ammunition is stored according to MGL" So GFY!

And most guys on here would think I'm a light weight with those goals!

we both have a long way to go!

Last edited:
No more than one 50-round box of any given caliber, locked in a rated and government-approved restricted-access storage container.

Posted from my car phone.

Back
Top Bottom