Whats your Hording Number?

How long are you going to wait? I think this is the new normal, but maybe not?

I'm reloading 9mm now. $19/50rds is way too expensive. I can find it online for $14/50 but they're reloads. 5.45 ammo is still $60 per can more expensive then when i bought some last year but prices have dropped. Don't even get me started with .22

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

I keep 6000 rounds of .177 caliber [rockon]
0205B592_zps694551c5.jpg

For this bad boy [devil]
87E719EF-orig_zps7cc0015d.png

Me too! Like that talking dolphin from Seaquest....a tv show that didn't last long about a million years ago....as for ammo stash.....your wife sees inside your safe and screams....which means you don't have enough...she needs to faint

It's on Netflix.
I watched it as a kid . It's funny when they switched to being more Unrealistic Sifi vs futuristic Sifi , like aliens etc the show tanked . Not sure if you can say it jumped the shark tho lol.

Sucks the kid offed himself

Ammo I'm stocking up. But I'd like to have enough range amp for a few months at least .

Last edited:
I'm reloading 9mm now. $19/50rds is way too expensive. I can find it online for $14/50 but they're reloads. 5.45 ammo is still $60 per can more expensive then when i bought some last year but prices have dropped. Don't even get me started with .22

Where are you buying ammo? Joe ripoff's gun shop? [rofl] Market floor for 9mm commercial brass cased right now is like $14.

Reloading is still cheaper, likely 50% of that unless you're using lead smeg, in that case its probaby even cheaper.

-Mike

I'm trying to have 1-2 yrs of ammo for each caliber I shoot.
i hope you shoot more than you post. lol i think people are trying to get a feel for shtf ammo supply. i think you need to plan for the worst case scenario where you have to arm six of your friends because they were over your house and got cut off from their home supply because the big shtf happened. i think 500 rounds of rifle ammo per person and some smaller number of handgun ammo would be a start.

i do think the question should be do you have enough magazines. 5k rounds is nice if 1k is loaded in mags

Where are you buying ammo? Joe ripoff's gun shop? [rofl] Market floor for 9mm commercial brass cased right now is like $14.

Reloading is still cheaper, likely 50% of that unless you're using lead smeg, in that case its probaby even cheaper.

-Mike

I was at Four Seasons and Collector's yesterday. They cheapest 9mm was $18/50 rounds for Aguila.

I don't have enough. I go to WM at least twice a week and buy what the funds (and limits) will allow.

Today was the first time I didn't buy any in a while. I figured 1000 rounds for an AK I haven't built yet is enough for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only have a few hundred rounds per caliber, EXCEPT .357 which I cannot find any more of and only have 20 rounds left.

Some of you fellas need to start reloading. Once you become proficient using a progessive press, you will either run out of brass to load, or you will start stealing the tupperware out of the kitchen to store the newly loaded bullets in.
Not that I've stolen any Tupperware. [rofl] Honest honey, I don't know where the gallon containers are.
Besides the fact you save a boatload of moeny over time, I find reloading to be very therapeutic.

My personal calibers, and what I feel is best minimum levels to have on hand for a SHTF situation:

22LR: 10k
22WMR: 1K
.40: 1K
.223/5.56: 1K
12GA: 500

.22LR is set so high to be used for hunting small game, all rest is designated as defensive.

I prob have 500 or so each caliber of .380,9mm,.40
2500 .223/5.56
1200 .308
400 300 blackouts
3000 .45acp

The 45acp I have components to make another 2-3000 on the Dillon.300blk I have the components but need to cut up some more brass.

I've lost track of how many primers and powder cans I have. I store my reloading stuff in a few locations.

I shoot a lot and reload a lot so stock changes fast!

1,000 rounds is not even enough to go to a training class for a day.

If you own an AR 1k rounds is only 33 mags. You should own more than 33 mags and they should all be full.

If you live in MA, 33 mags cost as much as an entry build AR. The mags are almost twice the cost of ammo to fill them.

If you live in MA, 33 mags cost as much as an entry build AR. The mags are almost twice the cost of ammo to fill them.

If you regulate yourself from buying prebans from NES, sure. Look elsewhere for your prebans.

I just bought 14 prebans from gunbroker, along with 10 Magpul followers...total per mag...$13 bucks a piece. 10 of them would have been $8.50 a piece if I didn't buy the followers or 4 almost mint Colt prebans along with them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I was just wondering what most people feel is an adequate supply? Carry Rounds vs Range Ammo?

right now i feel like i am hunting ammo to have 1000 rounds. Right now i have 100 Carry & 500 Range for my 9mm. and i am obsessed with hitting 1000.

I'm about where you are in thought on rounds of carry/range.

If you regulate yourself from buying prebans from NES, sure. Look elsewhere for your prebans.

I just bought 14 prebans from gunbroker, along with 10 Magpul followers...total per mag...$13 bucks a piece. 10 of them would have been $8.50 a piece if I didn't buy the followers or 4 almost mint Colt prebans along with them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Just like with finding build parts, I only have so much time to be on the computer. Times is money, one way or the other.

I keep about 1000 rounds of each caliber on hand, more for .22. Rifle mags and at least two mags for each pistol are loaded up.

If shtf at my home location, I would probably run out of time long before I ran out of ammo. It's not like the Cape has that much open space, and only two roads out. Away from home may be another story.

I do need to get different ammo for the rifle mags though. Don't feel confident with just 55 fmj.

Back
Top Bottom