What's next on your "want to purchase" list?

I really got it in my head I want a pre WWII S&W Outdoorsman .22. Four Seasons has one for $1,500 and a dealer at Wilmington had one for $1,200 hence the reason I don't have one yet.

I love my P226 9, I also really like the .22 conversion I use with it. However, last time a the range it gave me issues for the first time (the .22 conversion).

Last edited:
I think you answered your own question, if you can't see spending the extra $2-300 on the Sig, granted I feel it's worth it...then go with that Beretta! use the extra $ for ammo.

my list in order:

Ruger SR1911 5''
Benelli SuperNova 12 gauge
AR-15 5.56/.223
Glock 36

My current list in priority order:

S&W M&P15 Sport
Home defense shotgun
Full sized 9mm
Seecamp 32
Revolver (not sure what, just think I should own one)

as to the last item on your list, yes, yes you should

your shield stock? How old is it? Mint?

Stock. Bought it last year...probably 200-250 down the pipe. Take it you've seen me complaining about it.[laugh]

I'm going to have Business End do the trigger for me (eventually). Hoping I like it better after that. I was dumb and paid too much for it when the 9mm Shields were hard to find.

Springfield M1 Garand on order from CMP, but until then either a full size 9mm (Ruger SR9 or Beretta 92FS) or a small compact in 9mm for summer carry (Ruger LCP or Sig P938). Can't decide though

.22LR ammo.

My current "project gun" is an AR in .308. Got a complete upper. scheduling time on the mill (hopefully Saturday!) to complete my 80% lower. Then a stock, LPK, trigger, and an optic...

Translation: After changing my mind 32 times in the last month, I've decided now that I want a full-sized 9mm for the range. (I have several other 9mm pistols, but none are full size, and all are currently striker-fired. I have owned and sold SA/DA pistols in the past, but now I think I want one again.)

I have been thinking about a Sig P226, and only recently considered looking at an SP2022. BUT, now my friendly LGS down the street has a nice Beretta 92FS with two pre-ban mags for a good price, and I'm seriously considering it. I don't need a carry gun, and I don't need a home defense gun. I'm just looking for a new range gun. I don't know if I can justify the extra $200-300 for a Sig, when the Beretta fit SO PERFECTLY in my hand.

Thoughts? Someone talk me into or out of buying that Beretta. Also, what's next on YOUR list?

+1 for spending an extra $$ on the Sig, definitely worth it compared to a 92fs IMO.

im looking for a used Sig 556 or 516 Patrol model with a comped barrel and iron sights. not in a massive rush so i can wait for the right one to come along, but that will prob be my next purchase.

something in 45. I just scratched my .308 itch last weekend. This hobby is getting absurdly costly.

G21 and the FNX-45, be a boss.

For me probably an AK and FNX-9.

Springfield M1 Garand on order from CMP, but until then either a full size 9mm (Ruger SR9 or Beretta 92FS) or a small compact in 9mm for summer carry (Ruger LCP or Sig P938). Can't decide though

LCP is 380.

And damn you. I want a M1 Garand too. ****!

I've been looking at getting a Springfield M1A Socom 16..that or an AK of some sort..I need something in 7.62

Like the FNS-9?

I shot the FNS-9, it's awesome but the size of a G17. For a striker fired handgun it has a glass smooth trigger and pretty good reset.

Yeah but with a slide tapped for an rds and a threaded barrel from the factory, available in od or fde. I'd be all over that

I've downsized considerably - shotgun, revolver and a Glock. Thinking either a lever action to compliment the revolver or a carbine to compliment the glock. who knows.....

I've downsized considerably - shotgun, revolver and a Glock. Thinking either a lever action to compliment the revolver or a carbine to compliment the glock. who knows.....

Definitely get a lever gun to go with your revolver. I got a Henry Big Boy 357 to go with my GP100 and love it. A lot of fun to shoot.

Back
Top Bottom