whatcha got for big bore handguns....

YjZsHDp.jpg

The 629 I did the polishing myself. It looked just like the slide on the SW1911 before I started. I call that color Smith and Wesson road grime gray. My wife’s 617 was the same crap color so I polished hers also. Did she polish mine as a thank you? I’m not saying! I figured I’d use the joke before someone else did. I put the .45 in the photo because it fit the OP’s original post. Technically it’s a bigger bore than the 629 but the kick is not half as much. I love shooting pins with the 629. If you hit the pin most likely it will fall off the table. Guys with 9mm shooting pins I see them having to shoot the pins off the table all the time. I rarely have to shoot them when they’re horizontal. I love my 629 and would recommend it to any one who’s looking for a .44mag revolver.

I second Radioman- I have a 5inch 629 and it's by far my favorite gun to shoot. It's also my winter carry... sometimes. But in Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor fashion, it has me yearning for MORE POWER.

I'm on the fence for a BFR in 45-70 or a S&W PC 460VXR. Hard to personally justify either given how impractical they are as I don't hunt. On the other hand a Ferrari is just as impractical, and a brand new hand cannon is much less expensive!

How does the brake work on it, considerable reduction in recoil?
The reduction in recoil and muzzle flip is quite noticeable. The extra added weight hanging out front of the muzzle helps too.

I don’t have a photo of the 44 mag brake dissembled but here’s my DW 357 brake....
0CF8E10F-1F7D-4DF6-A2E5-A9DF2C23A617.jpeg 229AF0DE-AF8A-4DF7-96E8-46C6941C5BC4.jpeg

A steal for $65. Though he just recently raised prices to $75.

I agree. I had a couple pistol packs years ago i wish i kept. A blued version with 8, 10, 12 and 15 inch full lug and a ss in 2.5, 4, 6 and 8 inch i think. Both 357. Pull out the 15" inch at the range was a hoot seeing peoples faces!

Can’t go wrong with a Dan Wesson revolver. I’m hoping to get a railed 15" barrel for my 357 in the coming months....

Can’t go wrong with a Dan Wesson revolver. I’m hoping to get a railed 15" barrel for my 357 in the coming months....
No, but you can go wrong with a Coonan 1911 apparently. Sorry, couldn't resist. Hopefully all has still worked out with that. Will have to post a tardy to the party photo of this guy at the range when I lived in Iowa who paid the 200$ stamp to make a Mare's Leg in 45-70. That thing was exceptional (whether that's good or not I don't know) I don't really have anything so special worth posting for big bore.

Back
Top Bottom