• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

School me on using red dots on handguns

I built a G17, put a holosun on it, and I suck at the dot. I’ve shot other peoples dots and been good, hitting steel. Site it on a bench, misses galore in hand. Switch to irons, no issue. You’re not alone!

Some like them. Some don’t.
i like them, but.
as i have now 2 identical shadows, one with sro and one with irons - under 15 yards on the plate rack, 8" round plates - i am way faster and more accurate with irons.
if i move to 20 and 25 yards - then i miss way less with the dot, and generally can do 5 plates rack faster with the dot.

2 identical guns in most other aspects, so for me it kinda settled that once and for all.

I built a G17, put a holosun on it, and I suck at the dot. I’ve shot other peoples dots and been good, hitting steel. Site it on a bench, misses galore in hand. Switch to irons, no issue. You’re not alone!
when your glock shoots to the left, it is neither glock nor red dot fault. :)

i like them, but.
as i have now 2 identical shadows, one with sro and one with irons - under 15 yards on the plate rack, 8" round plates - i am way faster and more accurate with irons.
if i move to 20 and 25 yards - then i miss way less with the dot, and generally can do 5 plates rack faster with the dot.

2 identical guns in most other aspects, so for me it kinda settled that once and for all.
My point made.

Shoot what you are comfortable and competent with.

Back
Top Bottom