• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What would you do?

Two other points:
With the open carry law change this year, you can simply open carry into the places that are signed

Yeah, then they can just kick you out for OCing.... doubt there is any law to prevent someone from kicking out an OCer.

-Mike

Weather
Cost of goods
Cost of healthcare
Cost of education (I am paying the same to send my daughter to a public college OUT OF STATE as what UMass charges for in state tuition)
Roads (potholes anyone)
Friendlier people (by a huge margin. It's a cultural thing.)
Taxes (I get to say goodbye to state income tax all-together, no more excise tax on my car)
Housing costs (Bought a VERY nice brand new home with all the really nice bells and whistles for WAY less than half of what it would be in MA)
Political environment
Gun laws
Income potential (got a raise to make the move. People always said, "Ya but you don't make as much money down south." Me and my wife are making more down south and keeping more due to the tax situation and lower cost of living)

How many reasons does one need before they own up to the fact that maybe they aren't exactly living in a great place? A lot of people are catching on and have been making the move to places like FL, NC, TX, AZ for years...

I really don't mean any offense to anyone here, but open your eyes folks. You are really gettin' bent over the table and boned...I know it isn't easy to find a way out, but it can be done with some persistence.

I just hate the South and Southerners. Lived there, visted there, done that. Living like a slave isn't my forte.

I just hate the South and Southerners.

Way back when, I was a student at college in NY state. NY was running its "I heart NY" campaign at the time:

31E8FPlzDyL._SY300_.jpg

While I was there, I saw a great bumper sticker that more closely matched my opinions -- it read: "I love New York, too. It's the New Yorkers that I hate."

I would live back amongst southerners in a heartbeat. People were a hell of a lot more friendly down there than here in MA.

When our kids were born, we lived in a new development surrounded by neighbors we didn't know. We did not have to cook a meal for about two months, they just kept bringing dishes over every night.

We moved to MA and a family we knew had a baby. We fixed up a meal and I brought it over, and they looked at me like I had two heads.

When a friend of mine was approached by a recruiter for a job in TX, the recruiter asked him what he knew about TX. He replied: "fire ants, scorpions, rattlesnakes, killer bees, and *******s in cowboy boots." The recruiter replied, "well, I haven't seen any killer bees."

you forgot steers and queers. hookers and football players. dudes with 6" rodeo buckles and 4" dicks.[rofl]

how do i know? my wife told me ,she's from texas, and played football.[rofl]

Last edited:
Two other points:
With the open carry law change this year, you can simply open carry into the places that are signed

The signage has to meet the legal requirements to be binding. From what I hear, most aren't. The 30.06 cite dines all that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You can OC if they don't have a 30.07 sign. Also, if someone from the store/location tells or asks you to leave because you have a gun, you must leave as that is considered constructive notice.

North of Dallas is the new tech corridor - North Dallas, Richardson, Plano. Plenty of high tech jobs in this area. Lots of corporations moving headquarters here. I believe Dell is coming here from CA. Hopefully the CEO's informal survey that said 75% of their CA employees want to move with the company is wrong. We don't need them here.

North of Dallas is the new tech corridor - North Dallas, Richardson, Plano. Plenty of high tech jobs in this area. Lots of corporations moving headquarters here. I believe Dell is coming here from CA. Hopefully the CEO's informal survey that said 75% of their CA employees want to move with the company is wrong. We don't need them here.

LOL so its terrible that a bunch of people want to get the hell away from rape level taxation? I'd bet most of Dell's CA workforce is "iimported" anyways, not having come from CA... that's why they're not reluctant to move... because they're probably already far away from "home".

-Mike

skipping all the retardedness in this thread and answering the OP's question, I'd ignore the signs and make sure I was doing a good job with concealment.

Best of luck to you. Don't confuse gun friendly with freedom friendly. Not trying to rub it in but I no longer pay state income tax in Mass, have an unrestricted LTC in a state where with few exceptions signage is not binding, and my mortgage is going to be paid off in 14 months. I don't spend an arm and a leg for property taxes and have to put up with asinine liquor laws that vary from county to county, come to think about it I don't have to deal with county government which is a very big deal in Texas. I live 35-40 miles away from some of the best medical care in the world and I have contacts within our governmental infrastructure here I couldn't dream about cultivating in Texas.

I'm not bragging merely illustrating that we all have different situations. Overall the Commonwealth has been very good to me. The majority of hi cap firearms I own were acquired prior to the current laws here and for the most part my gun collection is fairly complete. I'm not trading my Hi Power with plenty of hi cap pre ban mags for a VP 9 with cripple mags.

For the record, I lived in Texas, it's a neat place, but just because it might meet your requirements kindly understand that one size does not fit all. If the gun laws in this state take a more drastic turn for the worse, I will consider relocating, but frankly in the course of everyday living I'm not severely impacted at all. Maybe if I lived in a red town it would be different.

Anyway, best of luck to you and I hope you enjoy yourself in your new digs.

I am moving to Texas this week and, of course, will be going through the process to get my LTC there as soon as I can.

Many of you know that Texas, while being a more gun-friendly state, is a little complicated when it comes to carrying. Signage is considered binding with lots of little do's/dont's that complicate matters. More businesses are in the practice of posting signage than you will see here in MA.

One thing that also changed is that carrying where you are NOT supposed to (if you get caught) was reduced to a Class C misdemeanor punishable by no more than a $200 fine and no jail time and no loss of LTC (the same offense level as bullshit traffic violations from what I can tell). Of course, federal property is another situation all together, but I am not asking about that.

Given the above information, would you give a SH&t about the signage?

Your thoughts?

Maybe I don't pay much attention, but I've traveled throughout Texas and have noticed very few of said signs.

I normally notice them and just chuckle as I walk through the door, so I think I notice them when they are there. Somehow an off-duty LEO is a superperson who can carry a gun.

Back
Top Bottom