What is your favorite variation comparison p365 p365x macro p365XL

Again, there is no one standard on this, it varies from shooter, to caliber, off hand shooting, supported shooting, barrel length, polymer, steel, weight of the gun etc.

This is the easiest way I can show you that goes direct to your question above;

Ok so let’s say a regular non gun person would look at these numbers below and think ‘ok this is easy, lower grain must mean less kick.
So .380, being the smaller round at approx 85 grains will automatically have less felt recoil than a 115 grain 9mm, because numbers. Right?

View attachment 768884
View attachment 768895

Wrong.

Let’s say you have a polymer micro pistol in .380, now because of that pistols size, weight (polymer vs steel) and barrel length, is actually going to have more felt recoil than a larger heavier 9mm pistol. Even though the 9mm round itself is heavier.

Now let’s go a step further and put 2 different .380 pistols side by each, both firing the same 85 grain round.

A Ruger LCP (micro/polymer frame) vs. a Sig P230 (compact/steel frame).

Fire the same rounds through both of them and your perceived or felt recoil will always feel greater on the micro polymer gun than it will on the steel gun with a longer barrel.

When people refer to something being a little “snappy” they’re usually talking about very small and light pistols. You don’t generally hear anyone calling a .45cal 1911 “snappy”.

If you’re thoroughly confused, then you can see how many things may or may not affect your perceived or felt recoil, there really is no definitive answer for the everyday shooter.

Hopefully this helps some and doesn’t just confuse you more.
Thanks for explaining. My buddy was trying to explain how a certain set up .45 could potentially have less recoil than a 9mm I wasn’t following. But it makes sense now with all the variables. I thought it was a straight answer that all .45 have more recoil then a 9mm but I see there’s more that goes into it. Appreciate the depth of your explanation.

Macro...17 rounds

Impossible to stuff round 17 in

But good size to carry and a smooth shooter

That said i still carry my hellcat as well

So get the macro and the 365 and your covered
Only when new. I can load 17 rds no problem now. Helps to push down simultaneously while hammering the mag on the bench which helps compress the spring a little more for the 17th rd but the included mag loader makes it easy.

Thanks for explaining. My buddy was trying to explain how a certain set up .45 could potentially have less recoil than a 9mm I wasn’t following. But it makes sense now with all the variables. I thought it was a straight answer that all .45 have more recoil then a 9mm but I see there’s more that goes into it. Appreciate the depth of your explanation.
Ya the more you shoot and experiment with different guns and ammo you’ll start to see and feel these things much easier than reading words. Good luck have fun don’t shoot your eye out kid. lol

Again, there is no one standard on this, it varies from shooter, to caliber, off hand shooting, supported shooting, barrel length, polymer, steel, weight of the gun etc.

This is the easiest way I can show you that goes direct to your question above;

Ok so let’s say a regular non gun person would look at these numbers below and think ‘ok this is easy, lower grain must mean less kick.
So .380, being the smaller round at approx 85 grains will automatically have less felt recoil than a 115 grain 9mm, because numbers. Right?

View attachment 768884
View attachment 768895

Wrong.

Let’s say you have a polymer micro pistol in .380, now because of that pistols size, weight (polymer vs steel) and barrel length, is actually going to have more felt recoil than a larger heavier 9mm pistol. Even though the 9mm round itself is heavier.

Now let’s go a step further and put 2 different .380 pistols side by each, both firing the same 85 grain round.

A Ruger LCP (micro/polymer frame) vs. a Sig P230 (compact/steel frame).

Fire the same rounds through both of them and your perceived or felt recoil will always feel greater on the micro polymer gun than it will on the steel gun with a longer barrel.

When people refer to something being a little “snappy” they’re usually talking about very small and light pistols. You don’t generally hear anyone calling a .45cal 1911 “snappy”.

If you’re thoroughly confused, then you can see how many things may or may not affect your perceived or felt recoil, there really is no definitive answer for the everyday shooter.

Hopefully this helps some and doesn’t just confuse you more.
And to add to this, sometimes heavier bullets are better. 115gr bullets travel faster; 147gr slower. Someone pointed out that the 147's tend to have less recoil. Seems counter-intuitive, but it's probably because the heavier bullet has less velocity. Also, I find standard 365's "snappy", while the Macro with a break is less so. BUT, a muzzle break isn't always the answer. When I shot a Springfield Armory V-10 with a muzzle break at an outdoor range (with tin roof cover) the shot was soft and didn't make me flinch, but a split second later when the muzzle blast "boomed" off of the tin ceiling, I did. Every shot.

Is the XMacro worth the extra cost even with mag capacity limitations in MA?
That depends on what you want for feel. A regular P365 was..."meh". An XL felt a little better, but still not quite right. When I handled and then shot a Macro, yes, just right. The downside for MA/CT etc. is the cost. Since the P365 comes with 10rd mags standard, and the 10rd XL mags are an option, maybe better. To work the Macro, you'll need 10rd P365 mags plus another $11-$25 for an adapter (base pad adapter) for each mag to make it useful.

That depends on what you want for feel. A regular P365 was..."meh". An XL felt a little better, but still not quite right. When I handled and then shot a Macro, yes, just right. The downside for MA/CT etc. is the cost. Since the P365 comes with 10rd mags standard, and the 10rd XL mags are an option, maybe better. To work the Macro, you'll need 10rd P365 mags plus another $11-$25 for an adapter (base pad adapter) for each mag to make it useful.
Yeah, but I like the XMacro grip enough to pay for those base plates. Still very concealable, even with the magwell I put on it.

The new sig mags have them included

if you buy before 12/31 you get 3 free mags, it kinda negates the price difference
This may be a dumb question, but if I buy the x macro in MA what mags does it come with since the 17rd are prohibited?

Yeah, but I like the XMacro grip enough to pay for those base plates. Still very concealable, even with the magwell I put on it.

True. Even though it has a slightly greater height than the Glock 19, I found the Macro to fit just right into a pocket holster in jeans (I buy jeans with deep pockets, for that very reason). The Glock 19 would have the back rear of the grip sticking out.

True. Even though it has a slightly greater height than the Glock 19, I found the Macro to fit just right into a pocket holster in jeans (I buy jeans with deep pockets, for that very reason). The Glock 19 would have the back rear of the grip sticking out.
brand of jeans?

For the question of preference, a P365.

I went on a bender earlier this year and grabbed a bunch of micros and one was the P365. What I was looking for was light weight, the smallest sizes and the highest capacities that felt good enough in my hand to use proficiently. The X had come out and then the XL but even though it's not much, the size increases defeats one of the parameters. I'm not a plastic handgun fan but I felt the new stuff has come of age enough to give it a whirl and I've come of an age where the lighter weight is appreciated. Half of them out of the box were spot on using 115 grain to get most of the rounds in the black at 10 yards and the p365 was one of them. The rest I needed to shift the sights left (left handed) and use 124's to lift the POI. I need to shift the last one a bit more to the left. Shifting these sights is a miserable experience. I swear they're using red locktite under them.

For the question of preference, a P365.

I went on a bender earlier this year and grabbed a bunch of micros and one was the P365. What I was looking for was light weight, the smallest sizes and the highest capacities that felt good enough in my hand to use proficiently. The X had come out and then the XL but even though it's not much, the size increases defeats one of the parameters. I'm not a plastic handgun fan but I felt the new stuff has come of age enough to give it a whirl and I've come of an age where the lighter weight is appreciated. Half of them out of the box were spot on using 115 grain to get most of the rounds in the black at 10 yards and the p365 was one of them. The rest I needed to shift the sights left (left handed) and use 124's to lift the POI. I need to shift the last one a bit more to the left. Shifting these sights is a miserable experience. I swear they're using red locktite under them.
There is a variety of 365 from their Legion line that uses an alloy grip module. So there may be a standalone AXG module coming.

brand of jeans?
Used to be Levi's 560 (got my first pairs from a job I worked at). Wrangler's have some room in the pockets. "Full Blue" - a store brand from Runnings have decent pockets and rivets. I only buy in person, and "try" the fit of the pockets each time (different models within the same brand have differently sized pockets). If the pocket is not deep enough for even a small pistol, I immediately reject them. Same if they have "angled" pockets instead of a "straight across" opening.

Back
Top Bottom