What is your favorite variation comparison p365 p365x macro p365XL

Macro...17 rounds

Impossible to stuff round 17 in

But good size to carry and a smooth shooter

That said i still carry my hellcat as well

So get the macro and the 365 and your covered

I carried the original 365 for almost 4 years and then back in March switched to a xmacro slide with Holosun 507K on a Wilson XL grip module. It pretty much shoots like a full size gun in a very small package.
How's that Wilson XL grip vs the Sig XL grip?

I have both the Macro Comp and Macro Tacops (XL slide and a 3.7” barrel).

For me, I don’t think the comp does anything or doesn’t do enough to make me want to suffer cleaning it regularly.

I haven’t shot the other variants but the Macro tacops shoots and handles nice, plus gets you four mags.

For me, I don’t think the comp does anything or doesn’t do enough to make me want to suffer cleaning it regularly.

I haven’t shot the other variants but the Macro tacops shoots and handles nice, plus gets you four mags.
What is this cleaning it you speak of

I like the Wilson shape better, the texture is pretty sharp so I take a file to them and soften em up. There is no extra cleaning with the comp and with my +p carry ammo follow up shots are much quicker so it does something.

Attachments

• 20230627_084248.jpg
    20230627_084248.jpg
    460.8 KB · Views: 43
365 with an XL grip (Mischief Machine) and a 507k.
Same except mine is a Wilson grip. It’s almost perfect carry gun. I like the Wilson but even with all the heavy jimping they put on it, the plastic still feels slippery sometimes if my hands are dry.

I’ll probably end up putting a Talon rubber grip wrap on it.

Maybe I should have asked is the xmacro worth twice the price? Have you really noticed %30 recoil reduction or is that only a marketing gimmick?

You didn’t notice a difference with the “%30 recoil reduction”?

I think any felt reductions if at all will vary depending on what ammo you’re using.

For me I wouldn’t buy a ported edc gun. All I see is two or three big crevices with a coat of oil all around collecting dust, lint, candy wrappers and anything else that will stick in there every day. And it’s only a 9mm FGS, it’s not like it’s a .40 and you only have 3 fingers left.

Maybe I should have asked is the xmacro worth twice the price? Have you really noticed %30 recoil reduction or is that only a marketing gimmick?
I wonder what the difference is between the Xmacro and the Specter comp? Aside from cosmetics.

I never shot a regular 365, so I can’t compare recoil, but it does seem smoother than a Glock 26.

IMG_0581.jpeg IMG_0573.jpeg IMG_0573.jpeg IMG_0584.jpeg IMG_0582.jpeg

Macro...17 rounds

Impossible to stuff round 17 in

But good size to carry and a smooth shooter

That said i still carry my hellcat as well

So get the macro and the 365 and your covered
I wonder what the difference is between the Xmacro and the Specter comp? Aside from cosmetics.

I never shot a regular 365, so I can’t compare recoil, but it does seem smoother than a Glock 26.

View attachment 768557View attachment 768558View attachment 768558View attachment 768560View attachment 768559
Wow that’s nice. Is that custom or the spectre ?

I think any felt reductions if at all will vary depending on what ammo you’re using.

For me I wouldn’t buy a ported edc gun. All I see is two or three big crevices with a coat of oil all around collecting dust, lint, candy wrappers and anything else that will stick in there every day. And it’s only a 9mm FGS, it’s not like it’s a .40 and you only have 3 fingers left.
What has been your experience with ammo on these what’s your top pic and lowest recoil?

But if it’s in a case it should avoid that.

I went with the P365 optic ready, manual safety. Lightweight, comfortable and easy carry/conceal (IWB front holster or Galco pocket holster for the win).

Drop by a local shop and compare the difference. I considered the Hellcat as well, but Sig was a better fit.

What has been your experience with ammo on these what’s your top pic and lowest recoil?
As stated I don’t have one of those and won’t buy one, just my personal preference. My point was that if there is any perceived or felt reduction in recoil, it will vary from person to person. One shooters opinion may be from using 115g cheap range ammo and feels nothing, while another may be using 147g +P.
One persons grip or stance may be limp wristed or jacked up while the next may be a more experienced shooter with much different results.

See what I’m saying?

I’m not feeling 30% … maybe 10% lol. I shoot 115 gr.

Honestly I got the comp because it looked interesting and I had a surplus in my defense budget. after a couple trips to the range I became a 365 fan. When I saw the macro tacops I thought it was cleaner overall EDC, so I picked one up and I’ve been practicing with that too.

The comp has a Shield RSMc and the tacops is no optic for now, stock X-ray3 sights which I really like, work great for me.

As stated I don’t have one of those and won’t buy one, just my personal preference. My point was that if there is any perceived or felt reduction in recoil, it will vary from person to person. One shooters opinion may be from using 115g cheap range ammo and feels nothing, while another may be using 147g +P.
One persons grip or stance may be limp wristed or jacked up while the next may be a more experienced shooter with much different results.

See what I’m saying?
Yes. What ammo is less recoil is a lower grain a lower recoil?

Yes. What ammo is less recoil is a lower grain a lower recoil?
Again, there is no one standard on this, it varies from shooter, to caliber, off hand shooting, supported shooting, barrel length, polymer, steel, weight of the gun etc.

This is the easiest way I can show you that goes direct to your question above;

Ok so let’s say a regular non gun person would look at these numbers below and think ‘ok this is easy, lower grain must mean less kick.
So .380, being the smaller round at approx 85 grains will automatically have less felt recoil than a 115 grain 9mm, because numbers. Right?

E0185AB8-2042-409A-A0E6-F5B89E3CF95B.jpeg
A47E4059-AEDC-4831-8355-5580CFC25735.jpeg

Wrong.

Let’s say you have a polymer micro pistol in .380, now because of that pistols size, weight (polymer vs steel) and barrel length, is actually going to have more felt recoil than a larger heavier 9mm pistol. Even though the 9mm round itself is heavier.

Now let’s go a step further and put 2 different .380 pistols side by each, both firing the same 85 grain round.

A Ruger LCP (micro/polymer frame) vs. a Sig P230 (compact/steel frame).

Fire the same rounds through both of them and your perceived or felt recoil will always feel greater on the micro polymer gun than it will on the steel gun with a longer barrel.

When people refer to something being a little “snappy” they’re usually talking about very small and light pistols. You don’t generally hear anyone calling a .45cal 1911 “snappy”.

If you’re thoroughly confused, then you can see how many things may or may not affect your perceived or felt recoil, there really is no definitive answer for the everyday shooter.

Hopefully this helps some and doesn’t just confuse you more.

Macro. The comp does make it more shootable. Still as accurate at 25yds as a full size. It's the first Sig that had a grip that fit just right (including texture, and where it is stippled). Even with the "full length grip" I was still able to pocket carry it, and draw it smoothly.

Back
Top Bottom