• team sport

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • individual sport

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • non-sports competition

Votes: 8 9.6%

• Total voters

jar

I'm pretty active in competition shooting, and i'm curious how many compete and in what. Both shooting and otherwise. I don't get super seroius abot it, but I like having some kind of competetive outlet. I also bowl in a league, and I used to play ultimate frisbee.

Pin Shoots,Horseshoes,Foosball..the same group of people that play shoes together..we play foosball in the winter.

I have been spending a few years really refining my swimming ability and technique - it is my goal to start competing in meets next year (we will see if I get there)

I shoot a LOT of USPSA, and a little IDPA and 3-gun (few matches a year). Also just got into sporting clays which I will be doing a lot more in the future as well.

Add to that hunting just about every animal in Maine that is legal I run out of free time.

Active:
NRA mid range and long range prone
NRA smallbore prone
IDPA
USPSA (not much)
scoped precision rifle matches

Used to but no longer active:
skeet
sporting clays

Soccer Indoor/Outdoor
Basketball

More for staying in shape rather than actual competition. I want to eventually get into IDPA. I'm also currently very much competing with the gov't on which of us get's to keep the bigger portion of my paycheck.

I avoid competition as I am a competitive person and I hate to lose, I used to do 3D archery, long range rifle back in my younger days

that's why i can't play board games with my kids. "mom!!! dad just robbed the bank in Monopoly, and punched Jack for refusing to sell him Boardwalk!!"

LOL, I get really bad with board games. My wife got mad at me because I wouldn't let my cousin's 7 year old beat me at connect four. I explained to her that they have given this poor child a false sense of superority, and when she goes out into the real world and realizes she's not as good as she thought, she'd be crushed. Although I do admit that slapping the game off the table and yelling "That's 10 in a row SUCKA!!! Who's the master now!?!?!?!?" was a bit over the top.

Soccer Indoor/Outdoor
Basketball

More for staying in shape rather than actual competition. I want to eventually get into IDPA. I'm also currently very much competing with the gov't on which of us get's to keep the bigger portion of my paycheck.

Where do you play indoor? Been looking for a league, the place in revere is usually filled up quick.

I shoot bowling pins and steel... Do OK at it, although I didn't really get out this season at all, this year was a wash for me. [sad2]

-Mike

Where do you play indoor? Been looking for a league, the place in revere is usually filled up quick.

Last one I played in was in Hingham... but I think the guys I play with mentioned one in Canton for this winter...I'll check it out and let you know. It's actually pretty funny, when we first started we were all a bunch of 30+ year olds, pack a day smokers, and they put is in the league that these 22 year old college players played in on the off-season...we were getting smoked. Then we brought in these Brazilian kids to play, and we would take turns playing with them...4 of them all game and one of us ata time, LOL

seriously. my daughter started beating me at checkers one time, so i started jumping backwards and sideways.

"hey! you can't do that!"
"yes, i can. i have the white checkers. you can do that when you have the white checkers."
"i want the white checkers next time!"
so she got them, and i told her it swapped every round to the next color. [smile]

You, sir, are an a***ole....I like it!

Mostly IDPA, but branching out after enjoying the heck out of a USPSA rifle match a few weeks ago. I like to think I'm friendly and pleasant, but am fiercely competitive, and really like to win (not that I ever do, as a pretty low-ranked shooter).

that's why i can't play board games with my kids. "mom!!! dad just robbed the bank in Monopoly, and punched Jack for refusing to sell him Boardwalk!!"

LOL, I get really bad with board games. My wife got mad at me because I wouldn't let my cousin's 7 year old beat me at connect four. I explained to her that they have given this poor child a false sense of superority, and when she goes out into the real world and realizes she's not as good as she thought, she'd be crushed. Although I do admit that slapping the game off the table and yelling "That's 10 in a row SUCKA!!! Who's the master now!?!?!?!?" was a bit over the top.

I think I found my two lost brothers!

Another great a$$hole tactic is when I played scrabble a while ago, I put "squizled" in a triple word thingy...when one of the kids said they wanted to challenge me... I laughed at her mockingly and said "Really...I shouldn't do this, but I'll let you take your challenge back because that's just silly of you to lose your turn for nothing" and she took the challenge back...then I gave her a Napoleon Dynamite "Idiot!" ...

[laugh]

mine is a slap upside the head: "listen you little puke, i taught you freaking English... of course ZXYZZXX on the triple score is a word. i just didn't teach it to you yet. you're not mature enough to be able to safely use a word like that in conversation." [smile]

LOL... she asked me what "Squizled" meant, so I told her "It's when you try to squeeze something mushy into a small container and the mushy stuff starts to pour out."

I used to compete in BJJ, MMA, and Box before I got back to back injuries the first was a lateral meniscus tear in my left knee then finished off with a rotator cuff tear in my right shoulder

what do you compete at? I'm pretty active in competition shooting, and i'm curious how many compete and in what. Both shooting and otherwise. I don't get super seroius abot it, but I like having some kind of competetive outlet. I also bowl in a league, and I used to play ultimate frisbee.

Sarcasm, crass comments, "Off-Color" humor, bragging rights, lawn envy,lawn darts ,excessive flatulents, all you can eat buffets, jay walking, the accordion

Back
Top Bottom