• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do to your firearm today.

Such a nice morning out, wife and I went to the range. I carried my VP9 and shot my usual carry gun a P365XL.
I had not shot it since initially sighting in the Holosun HE507K-GR X2 and I was very please that it had held zero.
Thing was super easy to be consistent with on 8 inch steel at 50 feet, even stepping it up to semi rapid fire on the last couple mags.

0RLB5F3.jpg

🐯

I don't feel like taking pics tonight but I recently installed a MFI flip up front iron sight on my old sig 556 patrol. I mounted a primary arms 1x slx micro prism sight and love it but the front hooded iron sight was blocking the ranging marks under the Chevron. The sight was pretty easy to install but it did take some filing to fit the dove tail just right. The hardest part was removing the original sight. If I can find time tomorrow I'll post a pic.

Been slowly playing around with a G19. This gun has been one of my beaters and I’ve swapped some parts around with another gun.

G19 gen5
X300U-B
RMR HRS
Glock performance trigger (still up in the air if I like it or not)
Radian Ramjet and Afterburner comp.
View attachment 769957
I was not a fan of the Glock Performance Trigger.

Back to back I much prefer my Agency Arms one with a 3.5 ghost connector.

I was not a fan of the Glock Performance Trigger.

Back to back I much prefer my Agency Arms one with a 3.5 ghost connector.
It’s a better trigger but it’s a longer reach.
I’m debating putting the stock trigger shoe back on to get the normal length of pull but get the benefits of the weight and smoothness.

It’s a better trigger but it’s a longer reach.
I’m debating putting the stock trigger shoe back on to get the normal length of pull but get the benefits of the weight and smoothness.
I did not think it was longer. But I don’t remember.

There was something about the pull of the GPT that felt off… wish I could remember. I could be wrong, but I’m thinking it felt almost like a 2 stage trigger???

Did you do the .25 trigger job on your original one? I’ve had good luck with that, a new connector and a few choice spring replacements

ETA: or do what the cool kids do and sell it for a CZ. Your welcome!

Recently got a set of .308 headspace gauges for an l1a1 I'm going through. Checked my others and found my israeli heavy barrel ate a no go. (Assembled by the previous owner)
Got it back in order now with a new locking shoulder after measuring with some pin gauges.
Also swapped the receiver lock to get rid of the bit of slop it had between the upper and lower and changed out the light barrel charging handle for a proper heavy barrel one.
Ready to run for years to come!
20230623_192440.jpg 20230623_190342.jpg 20230623_192455.jpg

Last edited:
A dear friend of mine passed away on January 1st, and I inherited his firearms. In his collection was this Winchester Model 1903 rifle chambered in .22 Winchester Automatic. It was a project he put on the back burner for years never getting around to it, saying it was a family heirloom. I pulled it out of the safe and started to go through it. Best guess is that it was made somewhere around 1909 or 1910 going off the serial number. Needed to punch the bore due to what looked like cork jammed in the barrel. Seems to function normally. The hardest part was to find ammo, but luckily, Pack and Postal in Lancaster had 2 vintage boxes on the shelf. Going to continue to clean it up and function test, then it’s going right back to his family where it belongs.

IMG_9182.jpeg

IMG_9183.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom