What did you do to your firearm today.

Yesterday . . .

Shooting handguns at steel at Braintree R&P with my Wife.

Then brought some interesting long guns to Mansfield F&G where myself and a friend did some shooting.

We also qualified at MF&G for shooting Class III weapons at the club.

Very nice day ended with lots of guns needing cleaning!

Last edited:
Put together a budget AR and built a target stand.

IMG_2663.jpg
IMG_2657.jpg

I had some wenge left over from a project and made a new set of grips for my SR1911.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Wenge.jpg
    Wenge.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:
Cleaned the G17 Sub2000 for the first time in awhile. Forgot how rotten these get with the blowback....Much smoother now.

Ordered a new holster from Dragon Leatherworks. My Lodge Brother Steve passed away last year and his widow gave me his P238, so I ordered a Dragon Leatherworks Quantum for it. Dennis (the Dragon) is also a Brother, and will be decorating the holster with the Past Master's emblem for me.

I'll post pix when I get it.

I've started carrying appendix with my shield and I kind of like it, at least as much as 4iwb. Found both positives and negatives.

Also bought a glock mag and 10 round hexmag. Load them and put em in the safe. Very much recommend hexmags for us mass folks.

Installed new trigger on AR. Single stage 4.5lb, so nice. No grit, no take up, no over travel and short reset. Patriot Ordinance.

Actually yesterday: wife and I went to range right after I got out of work. Haven't been out but once since Christmas. Her S&W 34-1 and Model 18, and for me a Colt Python and my S&W 1911 9mm.
IMG_0782.jpg

On my Shield9:

1. Installed the free-state trigger return spring. I gotta say, there IS difference. I don't have a trigger-pull scale, but there definitely is a difference. It feels exactly the same as before but lighter. Additionally, the coils in the replacement spring were noticeably thinner. Trigger feels good enough and I'm happy I went this route instead of spending $150 on Apex.
2. Applied glow paint on the sights. I used "Aurora" bright green (amazon $10 shipped) and applied 2 layers each sight using a toothpick. Works well so far. Doesn't even need a dedicated light charge beforehand. It's recommended to add a layer of clear nail polish to seal the deal.
3. Instead of Talon Grips, I got a free sample of "GripOnUSA" full grip for the shield. The cutouts are slightly off but no biggie. It feels like rubbery sandpaper than the soft rubber felt on Talon. Overall, I'm happy bc it was free.

Next, I'd like to get the Magguts +1 for the 7rd mag (I use the pinky extension, so +2 won't work).

On my Shield9:

1. Installed the free-state trigger return spring. I gotta say, there IS difference. I don't have a trigger-pull scale, but there definitely is a difference. It feels exactly the same as before but lighter. Additionally, the coils in the replacement spring were noticeably thinner. Trigger feels good enough and I'm happy I went this route instead of spending $150 on Apex.
2. Applied glow paint on the sights. I used "Aurora" bright green (amazon $10 shipped) and applied 2 layers each sight using a toothpick. Works well so far. Doesn't even need a dedicated light charge beforehand. It's recommended to add a layer of clear nail polish to seal the deal.
3. Instead of Talon Grips, I got a free sample of "GripOnUSA" full grip for the shield. The cutouts are slightly off but no biggie. It feels like rubbery sandpaper than the soft rubber felt on Talon. Overall, I'm happy bc it was free.

Next, I'd like to get the Magguts +1 for the 7rd mag (I use the pinky extension, so +2 won't work).

Where did you get the spring?

Put a set of Wolff reduced power springs in a 1st generation Colt SAA and reshaped the grips which I think were for a 2nd or 3rd generation. The gun was very accurate even with the horrendously heavy trigger pull. It should be even better now.

Back
Top Bottom