What did you do to your firearm today.

Dropped my LC9s in the snowbank playing with my kid.

Step 1 - Clean and oil well.
Step 2 - Get a holster with better retention (in progress)

Wow! Good thing you knew that it fell out and you were able to find it. That could be a nightmare scenario.

ea9c5a37de01a90b3512a25bed5a9f25.jpg

I found some old surefire components kicking about the bottom of an aviators kit bag from a decade past last week. A KL3 LED Head and a spare remote pressure switch. So I ordered up a beater surplus Surefire M952 body and switch from e-bay and now I have a very nice light on my carbine that I don't have to worry about smashing or scratching as it's already got dents. Powerful beam - only cost me $20.

Started out with an Express Super Magnum 870. New barrel, mag tube, stock, Timney trigger mods, etc. I'm pretty sure the receiver is the only thing left.

f7hvFNE.jpg

Last edited:
Started out with an Express Super Magnum 870. New barrel, mag tube, stock, Timney trigger mods, etc. I'm pretty sure the receiver is the only thing left.

Nice work dude!

What about the safety, is it stock or one of those tactile/jumbo ones? Don't mind me -- I am just trying to help you spend more dough. [laugh]

Finished my little T53 sporter project. The stock looked like driftwood but the action was smooth and thing shot decent so.

1. Installed a Timney trigger won in a karma here
2. Refinished the stock
3. Installed a scope mount in place of the rear sight
4. Mounted a long relief pistol/scout scope AIM 2-7x.

before

003.jpg

005_1.jpg

after

d8a5537f-baf3-4c8e-bd50-9104cdae18f6.jpg

It's finished. My SPR is finished. After years of work (read: saving for parts), it's finally done.

This week I got my Burris XTR II 3-15, tried to mount it on standard height burris rings, ordered the high Burris rings ([smile]), and got it mounted. Then I realized I had it too far back and moved it forward. Managed to maintain level when I moved it forward on the rail. Learned why the SPR has the top rail that fits over the flat top receiver and forearm rail in the process. [wink]

I also got my Atlas bipod, installed that.

I had set up the Geissele DMR trigger wrong when I built the gun, because I am a dummy, so I went in and redid the setup on that.

I was looking at bags and thinking about getting a monopod for the Magpul PRS rail and I came across the Accu-shot monopods. SOLD. I have very limited experience with scoped rifles, but it seems like a pretty brilliant setup. Got the mid height one - the bench rests at my range are low and I am tall with back problems, so a little more height on the rifle helps. Unfortunately, I have essential tremors so it will be nice to have the monopod to help give me a reality check on how good the rifle is versus how well I am able to shoot it without the monopod.

Next is to get it to the range this weekend and sight it in.

Also cleaned the SPR (had shot it with iron sights a few times) and my shorty AR.'

Is there any cheaper 77gr ammo out there? I haven't seen any in my travels. Obviously I want to get some Match Kings, but it would be nice to shoot the ammo it was designed for more regularly.

Finished up with my M&P 9mm Full-size.

Apex DCAEK kit
Apex Aluminum sear forward trigger
Warren Tactical sights. Rear black with U notch, front fiber optic
Apex barrel.

Test fired last night. Trigger was exactly what I expected. Accuracy was less than 2" group at 50 feet, indoor range.

Finished converting my old Glenfield 25 .22 into a 'youth'. My girl is really excited to try it out. Best part was that it cost me $0 :) (I have no idea why we had a can of 'raspberry' krylon in the garage).

Last edited:
great job on the stock.

I ordered some Talon grips from my SW Shield and SW BG 380.
Oh, and I have a set of night sights to install on the Shield.

So, I'll have something to add myself to this thread.

Got keys for my "new" Pachmayr range box and mounted a 7x35 monocular on it. Now I can use it in MA since it locks!

Cleaned my new Remington RP9, which is a friggin' BEAST of a gun, even with the SMALL grip panel in! Might try and shoot it this afternoon after I replace the drive belt on my tractor snowblower. 18 round mags - can you say pin gun? And if I ever get into a gunfight with it, even if I use UP all 19 rounds, I can still beat someone to death with it - the slide is HEAVY. [laugh]

https://www.remington.com/handguns/remington-rp/rp9

Bought everything I need to put another AR together on impulse. Totally not planned. I had planned on buying a .357 lever gun but other than spending a fortune or getting a tube loaded Henry, there aren't any options available currently. So we'll see how this goes. Built my last AR eight or nine years ago.

I pulled one of mine out of the safe to finger bang a little. Then I took out the girlfriends two handguns and cleaned them both.

Finished converting my old Glenfield 25 .22 into a 'youth'. My girl is really excited to try it out. Best part was that it cost me $0 :) (I have no idea why we had a can of 'raspberry' krylon in the garage).

Really nice work.

Back
Top Bottom