What did you do to your firearm today.

Cleaned 3 guns, and I'll be shooting those 3 guns today, so ill be cleaning 3 guns again today.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Qualified at my Gun Club's 200 yard range. I used a Danish return Winchester M1 Garand that I had rebuilt with Winchester parts and new springs. First you had to hit a piece of 8.5"x11" paper 3 of 5 times at 100 yards (6 of 6 for me) and then 3 of 5 at 200 yards at a 10" steel gong (7/8 for me, 7 in a row until the rest slipped on the last shot).

Rather proud of this given I've overcome two recent surgeries and have vision and concussion issues.

T

https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/323855-Qualified-at-my-Range-for-200-yards

Attachments

• IMG_1335.jpg
    IMG_1335.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 51
  • qualified-betelgeuse-beatlejuice-qualified-michael-keaton-demotivational-posters-1316712701.jpeg
    qualified-betelgeuse-beatlejuice-qualified-michael-keaton-demotivational-posters-1316712701.jpeg
    13.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2009.jpg
    IMG_2009.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2008.jpg
    IMG_2008.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 54
Took my K43 to the 200 range and played with the 6" gong. Almost too easy now.

T

Attachments

• IMG_2025.jpg
    IMG_2025.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2024.jpg
    IMG_2024.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 59
Took the Nordic 22 upper out to play for more breakin. With the 3lb velocity trigger and PA red dot, this rifle is just too damn fun to shoot. Also the Mcfaden Lightning loader makes loading mags a breads and ultra fast. Glad I've been buying 22 ammo whenever I see a good deal....

I put some wood on one of my rifles last night after re finishing it. I have a forearm coming in the mail.

Attachments

• 20161210_185808_resized.jpg
    20161210_185808_resized.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 20161210_185848_resized.jpg
    20161210_185848_resized.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 51
Cleaned my AR lower for the first time since building it a year ago. After running 800+ rounds of mini mags through my Nordic 22 upper, and ~600 rounds of 223, it was getting a little nasty. I make sure to clean the upper (mainly the bolt and feed ramp) after every range trip for 100% reliability.

Then moved onto the DW PM9 for cleaning/lube for Wednesday nights steel plate match.

Several weeks ago I shot skeet in the rain and my hand kept slipping on the forend of my pump gun. Yesterday I tested out a cheap solution and it seems to work well: sandpaper.

37i5505.jpg

9qQgeMP.jpg

Yesterday I took my ultra liberal friend, his wife, and my wife to the range yesterday. He's a friend, but I don't discuss politics at work because I am the only conservative in an office of about 30 people. You could here a pin drop in the office the day after the election. He had no idea that I voted for Trump.

Anyway, he's also a martial artist and understands the necessity of one's personal responsibility for self defense and defense of family. He know's that I'm a gun guy and mentioned that he was considering buying a gun for home defense. So we planned a range day and got together yesterday. I gave them them the safety run-through on the way to the range.

We shot my AR-15 first, because of course, then the the M1 Garand, then several handguns. He and his wife really enjoyed shooting the AR. When we had the AR out a couple of guys were leaving and said thank god Trump won or Hilary would have come and taken it by now. I looked at my friend who rolled his eyes then I said "You got that right brotha", then looked at my friend and said "He's right you know".

He and his wife had a great time and are ready to start the next steps, getting LTC, etc. I told him that I would help them through the process and would help them with their first gun selection, which I suggested should be a full size 9mm.

I know that I haven't changed their political beliefs, but their view on guns is definitely positive. Perhaps their political beliefs will shift a bit after they go through the shit-storm of getting a gun in Ma.

I have a question. Please respond in PM to keep the thread clean. Is there a range (safe - not Bob's Tactical) in mass that has a good selection of handguns that you can rent to try before you buy?

Thanks!

Mark

Yesterday I took my ultra liberal friend, his wife, and my wife to the range yesterday. He's a friend, but I don't discuss politics at work because I am the only conservative in an office of about 30 people. You could here a pin drop in the office the day after the election. He had no idea that I voted for Trump.

Anyway, he's also a martial artist and understands the necessity of one's personal responsibility for self defense and defense of family. He know's that I'm a gun guy and mentioned that he was considering buying a gun for home defense. So we planned a range day and got together yesterday. I gave them them the safety run-through on the way to the range.

We shot my AR-15 first, because of course, then the the M1 Garand, then several handguns. He and his wife really enjoyed shooting the AR. When we had the AR out a couple of guys were leaving and said thank god Trump won or Hilary would have come and taken it by now. I looked at my friend who rolled his eyes then I said "You got that right brotha", then looked at my friend and said "He's right you know".

He and his wife had a great time and are ready to start the next steps, getting LTC, etc. I told him that I would help them through the process and would help them with their first gun selection, which I suggested should be a full size 9mm.

I know that I haven't changed their political beliefs, but their view on guns is definitely positive. Perhaps their political beliefs will shift a bit after they go through the shit-storm of getting a gun in Ma.

I have a question. Please respond in PM to keep the thread clean. Is there a range (safe - not Bob's Tactical) in mass that has a good selection of handguns that you can rent to try before you buy?

Thanks!

Mark

Good to hear. I'd take them to Mass Firearms School in Holliston. They're good people and you can try tons of guns there.

Thanks!

Mark

Nicely done! Reminds me of getting my mom and step dad (both Hilary fans but realize they're getting older and need something to protect themselves with..) to buy their first handgun this past summer. They live in Florida but still took a safety course and applied for their carry licenses even though they don't plan on conceal carry anytime soon...

Gadget_closeup2.jpg

I replaced the slide cover plate on the back of Glocks with Striker Control Devices.

Pressing on the SCD with your thumb prevents the striker from moving, so even if something catches the trigger the gun will not fire. This is especially important when at the range working draws to a target (repeated holstering) using AIWB!

Last edited:
I walked through the woods today trying to get every minute out of deer season this year. Spotted two large coyotes right in front of me. The larger of the 2 had a beautiful whitish/grey coat. Looked more like a wolf than a coyote. A lot of people hate them, but I find them beautiful.

I did an upgrade on an upgrade... Switched out the hammer bushing on my Ruger Mklll Lite, again. I had already done this with an aftermarket bushing for the mag safety delete but the light bulb recently came on during another on line discussion that using a Mkll bushing would actually take the last little bit of creep out of the trigger pull. The difference is amazing. The creep is gone along with what may be another few ounces from the pull weight. The added 1/16 inch diameter on the OD spacer is what made the difference. That extra little bit keeps the sear from seating all the way back on the hammer shelf resulting in the lite clean pull weight.
I also was finally able to dislodge the pin that holds in the Loaded Chamber Indicator. I removed the metal tab and will on a trial basis see if that with it removed weather or not things actually run smoother. I did like having the LCI as a quick visual reference to verify that ammo has smoothly been feeding.

Last edited:
Installed the MCARBO trigger spring kit and aluminum trigger on my new G17 sub 2000. What a PITA but worth it.

Well I started yesterday by leaving my handgun locked up at home as I had to go to prison (MCI-Walpole) to serve legal papers. Felt naked. Saddled up as soon as I got back to the office.

Very late last night I cleaned and lubed my new Sig P938. What a PITA getting that recoil spring back in place!

Today I'm RO at BR&P and will get some time to break in the P938 finally.

I made a set of thin grips for my wife's new Sig P238. I had some scrap wenge lying around so I thought I'd put it to good use. It was my first attempt at making grips and I'm really pleased with how they came out.

I'll post a few pics after I instal them. It'll take a few days to apply the finish.

I'm using 3 coats of a poly/tung/linseed oil mix, and top coating with 2 coats of tung/linseed/beeswax mix, and and takes a while to dry between coats.

Back
Top Bottom