What did you do to your firearm today.

This morning I started with these:
DSCF1398_zpsb5tiaxng.jpg

And by afternoon I ended up with this:

20160924_1522441_zpsiupxq27a.jpg
20160924_1521561_zpshmypxd8c.jpg

Cleaned my DW PM9 and the mags also. They were getting gritty after the last couple IDPA matches...

Nice! What did you keep stock, the receiver? 1 more part and you have a second 10/22 :)

This was what happens to me after a "I'll just toss a couple parts at it" mixed with some "One thing leads to another" moment. [laugh]

I have the spares on listed on flEbay. Buying the gun whole and parting it out practically pays for half the cost of buying the receiver by itself to build up from.

I put some vintage match sights on my old 1903a3

bought this gun from a old timer that made Master scores with it in the 50s.... he had long lost/sold the sights he had on it but they where like these.
The pos reproduction front sight base works but fit like sheet.

again i did not do anything as exotic as you folks but i did open the safe again and showed some love to a portion of the collection. but to the rest of you guys, nice work on all that stuff!

Installed a full Orion spring kit on my new service grade CMP Garand the other day.

Today I shot my new 1939 Walther PPK (commercial) for the first time.

T

Looked fine, worked fine. I didn't measure it when I took it out. I had to loosen the coils of the spring to accept the follower arm of the new spring.

T

I have been amazed at a functioning rifle only to remove the spring to find it broken , twisted and short!

The trigger on the 1911 is great but I think the follow up shots are quicker with the shadow by a shade. I like them both alot. I'm waiting on a Garrett holster before I take the shadow to a match.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I finally de-sporterized my milled Mak90 with a teak furniture set from Ironwood designs finished with pure Tung oil. Ironwood seems to be the only game in town for the angle cut receiver. Thankfully they make a nice product!

Before:

After:

My air rifle took a digger....few scuffs and such ....knocked the scope out of zero.
Removed cleaned and rezeroed it...
Back to minute of squirrel....

shots to the left where after the fall, top right where after I removed and remounted scope....not to bad almost dead on... last 5 shots bottom right...50 yards off bipod

Last edited:
I removed the ambi safety on my new 1911 SC E series and installed a stainless safety from Wilson. It took me forever because I didnt realize I had to do some fitting for it to go in that last 1/32". My first time filing a piece of metal going into a gun. Turned out perfect.

Installed my trigger group in my 9mm CX Storm that I sent out to Sierra Papa to go from a 12 lb squishy pull to a 6 lb nice click. Check it with live ammo and it goes bang. Next week to adjust the manual sights with the stupid customer sight tool that I had to pay $15 for and dial in the red dot

Back
Top Bottom