• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What cartridge for firing squad?

I think North Korea has an interesting way to assemble a firing squad.

North Korea’s purge of senior officials who are deemed a threat to Kim Jong-un’s leadership of the country has continued with the public executions of two senior officials, according to South Korean media, possibly to generate fear among members of the elite after recent high-level defections.

The conservative daily, the JoongAng Ilbo, reported on Tuesday that Hwang Min, a former agriculture minister, and Ri Yong-jin, a senior official at the education ministry, were executed by anti-aircraft gun at a military academy in Pyongyang earlier this month.”

Whats wrong with good ol' fashioned hanging people from the gallows?

Cost of lumber. Toss them off a bridge.

Personally, I think executions should be done with BBS so you can dig them out and use them for the next guy. If some convict is going to spend years sucking up taxes, let the death take a while as you keep hitting him in the head with a Daisy 880 until he’s dead. If you do it enough it isn’t unusual.

.75 cal round ball, INHUMANE shot placement, let the agony linger for a bit. Take advantage of the allowed execution situation, send a clear message.

Hahaha, at that point just get a samurai and slice his head clean off.

The Saudi's do that now - no need to recreate an antique warrior class. How clean the executioners cut depends on how well the condemned's family tip them.

The 30-06 seemed to do just fine. Especially when there are a dozen members on the detail.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M4QI7jK36WA

A bunch of those guys missed, some by quite a bit. Probably intentionally.

The blank round thing has always made me wonder. It's not necessary to actually load a blank; you just have to tell the shooters you are. And then not let them eject the round.

A bunch of those guys missed, some by quite a bit. Probably intentionally.

The blank round thing has always made me wonder. It's not necessary to actually load a blank; you just have to tell the shooters you are. And then not let them eject the round.
Kind of hard with an m1 garand they sort of eject on their own lol

I've seen other photos of the "Spies" executions. Definitely M1 Rifles. Looks like "less" recoil because Men were stronger then...

View attachment 604417
I never felt an m1 had that much recoil to be honest.

Tool my son's friend to the range a couple years ago. He was 19. Let him shoot a Henry 357 rifle and the kid looked like he was in shock......said holy cow that think kicks. 🙄

Not for that guy. He basically got the death penalty for winning a gunfight with another lowlife.
He killed a store clerk during a robbery, not "another lowlife." The clerk pulled out a gun and the condemned wrestled it away and killed him with it.
IIRC, the South Carolina procedure uses 3 volunteers from the state police, and there are no blank rounds.
The South Carolina firing squad will be selected from among "qualified SC Corrections Department members." They might or might not be actual Corrections Officers. I think they are being purposefully vague.

I never felt an m1 had that much recoil to be honest.

Tool my son's friend to the range a couple years ago. He was 19. Let him shoot a Henry 357 rifle and the kid looked like he was in shock......said holy cow that think kicks. 🙄
Me either. Recoil sensitivity is 90% mental...

1650128815493.png

Those armrests are show quite well-worn. How many people were in this particular one and for long long do they stay there? Geez

What do they use? It says rifles.

Pick 3 grunts just out of basic training at Fort Jackson. Each gets a NGSW candidate weapon -- one from Sig, one from Textron, and one from General Dynamics. One shot each aimed at the heart from 50 meters.

Most lethal shot wins the contract. If the murderer survives, the NGSW program is scrapped.

For some reason this thread makes me sick.
I have watched a movie called "The Real America" as a teenager back in the late seventies, they showed electric chair exeuction filmed with a hidden camera.

Back
Top Bottom