What are your top three 'must have' rifles?

Always had a z astava m76 in 8mm on a wish list.
Or something similar?
Oh well ..you just don't see many S.A. in 8s

Inspire me with examples

AK

Last edited:
AK, AK, AK....Just saying.

But for everyone else: AK, 10/22 (a must), a good bolt action rifle - With iron sights, don't be a p@ssy.

Anyone that doesn't have a bolt gun with capability out past 600 yards should re-thing their list. AK's and AR's are great fun and all but no collection is complete without an accurate long range bolt gun.

Anyone that doesn't have a bolt gun with capability out past 600 yards should re-thing their list. AK's and AR's are great fun and all but no collection is complete without an accurate long range bolt gun.

Because MA is full of places to shoot past 300 yards...[thinking].

AR or AK (your choice) with COMPLETE parts kit (at least one) - ideally with scope (ACOG) and BUIS
AR-10 with COMPLETE parts kit (at least one) - good/excellent quality scope with illuminated mil-dot type reticle
Heavy Caliber bolt gun with scope

All semi-autos should have at least 5000 rds per and the bolt gun as close to that as you can get

This is just me, and my heavy bolt gun is a 300 Weatherby

I assume nothing when it comes to the gun ban folks - a 300 Weatherby will rip through body armor pretty effectively - remember Ted Kennedy wanted to ban such guns and ammo.

2k - ar/ak/10-22
5k - scar/ak/flame thrower
d6983237a71352d41304c9d4abae5e75.jpg

AR, AK and put the rest into reloading equipment and supplies. Primers and powder will be unobtainable for the first two years of a Hillary presidency.

Since I have almost 2 grand into my M&P10... I guess that's out of the question...

unless...

M&P10 and 2 $89 mosins from a past Black Friday deal...included bayonets for those up close and personal encounters!

So uh? Why the bolt guns? It seems if we are limited to 3 it makes the most sense to me to use semi-autos as they can generally do everything the bolt guns can do.

So uh? Why the bolt guns? It seems if we are limited to 3 it makes the most sense to me to use semi-autos as they can generally do everything the bolt guns can do.

Reliability, accuracy, taking it a little slower...
There are a lot of reasons why a nice bolt action is better than a semi.

Old eyes don't do too well at 600yds. At least in my eyes.

Every rifle I own is multi-automatic.

Hmmm...

Shiloh Sharps - just have him watch Quigley Down Under and he'll understand
7.62x54r Vepr or a real Drag - the Hammer of Thor in terms of muzzle flash, but not bad recoil and mine was pretty accurate. Miss that gun.
Ruger 10/22

if you can SEE 600 yards.

Old eyes don't do too well at 600yds. At least in my eyes.

THIS

A .22 of some sort, a .308 bolt action and an AR. I will have all of these in the collection by mid-year...

Get to it. It's not going to get easier.

To the OP:

AR-15, because black killy rifle
AK-47 because evil killy rifle from Soviet block.
Barrett in 50, because evil black shoot through an engine block super killy sniper rifle.

Then parts, optics and lots and lots and LOTS of ammo. Think generational quantities.

The old buy 2 shoot one should become buy 11 shoot 1

Hmmm...

Shiloh Sharps - just have him watch Quigley Down Under and he'll understand
7.62x54r Vepr or a real Drag - the Hammer of Thor in terms of muzzle flash, but not bad recoil and mine was pretty accurate. Miss that gun.
Ruger 10/22
Oh yeah, a nice 45/70 Sharps...but few people reload the way it should be loaded, with black powder.

I would pick Pedersoli or Csharps. No 2 year wait.

Back
Top Bottom