What are your top three 'must have' rifles?

Introducing a friend to firearms, and during one chat was asked what I thought a great question to share here:

"Worst case scenario, Hitlery gets elected. What three rifles should you already have in your collection and why?" To make it more direct, let's say what three we should have that most likely will be difficult/impossible to get after the election. I figure bolt guns are safe for the time being.

What say you...and why?

(To make it even more interesting, what say we have two budget categories, 2000 for all three in the first, and 5000 for the second.)

M1A, Lever action (still need to decide between 30-30, 357, and 44), and my precision 308 Rem 700 LTR. Will bolt guns really be safe if they are black and scary?

Introducing a friend to firearms, and during one chat was asked what I thought a great question to share here:

"Worst case scenario, Hitlery gets elected. What three rifles should you already have in your collection and why?" To make it more direct, let's say what three we should have that most likely will be difficult/impossible to get after the election. I figure bolt guns are safe for the time being.

What say you...and why?

(To make it even more interesting, what say we have two budget categories, 2000 for all three in the first, and 5000 for the second.)
AR15, AR 10, AK 47. AR10 could be interchanged with scar. For the higher budget option.

AR in 22LR
AR in 223/556
AR 308 or SCAR heavy with a scope

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bolt action 22lr, ar15, lever 30-30

If you had said rifle and/or shotgun I would definitely take my 12 gauge shotgun too.

Last edited:
I SHOULD have 3 of these:

m60-machine-gun.jpg
[rofl]

Assuming bolt guns are safe, in order I would go with: light/compact AR-15 (16" carbine / aimpoint); heavier precision AR-15 (18" rifle / scoped); .308 scoped AR setup (e.g., LaRue OBR 7.62). Add more than enough normal capacity mags and piles of ammunition.

AR-15: 'cuz the black rifle thing.
VEPR in 7.62x54R: Distributors have stock now, but were impossible for a while due to no Russian imports. And because .308 is for wimps.
Any 50 BMG: Because it scares the piss out of libtards and is already banned in CA, the utopia that all other states should follow.

Almost every post includes an AR. But that can't possibly be because it is a firearm that is in common use...

Almost every post includes an AR. But that can't possibly be because it is a firearm that is in common use...

The AR is light and easy to use. It's not my go to rifle though...not hard hitting enough. I can pick the fly off the ear of a dog at 100 yards with my M1 Garand. That rifle is more accurate than anything I own and makes much bigger ragged holes in stuff than the AR.

Wow, some interesting ideas here...

Is there a general consensus on the 'best' AR-10 config? I know the SCAR is a costly one, though highly regarded by some.

AK - 7.62x39
AR - 5.56x45
Ruger 10/22 - 22lr

Not a huge fan of the AR personally, but there are so many components and ammo is so readily available it makes sense.

What say you...and why?

80% lowers, various uppers, lower parts kits, optics, furniture, slings and ammo.
A milling machine, basic handtools.

Why? Because you postulated that Satan's spawn was going to be elected POTUS.
And because that's what I already have - in addition to my firearms.

Back
Top Bottom