• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What are your Post-Covid Plans...?

we are buying a bus and converting to a motor home for full time living. husband will be looking for a 100% remote position starting next year. Our lease is up near end of June 2021.

Here's some videos to see what it's all about.

I'm gonna find a hungry customer, and eat and drink my face off at a sushi bar.

Find another customer in the mood for a good steak.

Nothing tastes better than a good meal on the expense account.

Most importantly though, take my wife out on a date. We desperately are going to need a night of fun. We always do our Christmas gift to ourselves after the holiday, find something fun to do, and get a room for the night. We planned to do it 6 weeks ago, but the timing didnt work out.

I would like to make a trip to the NRA Range in Raton NM. Never been out west. I don’t like the hot weather, so if I relocate it will be someplace with a change of seasons.

Northern New Mexico is fantastic! Summer temps are 80-90 F, sunny and dry! Make sure to take Rt 64 West, go up and over the mountains to visit Taos. You won’t be disappointed! Think Colorado with 1/3 the people . . .

Pick up a few more AR's. I have a couple but, you know. Oh and at least a case of 00 buckshot. Only have 40 or 50 rounds of buck at this time. Got plenty of everything else.
Then I'm going out for a sea food platter on the cape, then take my shoes off and walk in the beach sand again.

Last edited:
I keep making stupid memes.

3ucxyv.jpg

RC

Of you don’t take trails or dirt roads all the way there it not really an Overland trip. Just wheeling and camping.

Where are you from? What’s your time frame look like and what are you using for off road navigation?

Hello, love yore pics btw, i guess i shouldnt say its an overlanding trip but a camp and wheel for all the purists out there, im in gloucester massachusetts and theres not a whole lot of overlanding to be done here. we will prolly go for 2 weeks, take the most backroadish, get off road as much as we can. i use gaia mostly, and onx offroad. we are totally self sufficient. i wish we had places like colorado and utah but we dont. on this trip we'll just wander on our way. it really will be a camp wheel thing with as many cool places along the way as we can find. I have connections with some off road clubs between here and there, there'll be a lot of wheeling in between camps.

Last edited:
Pick up a few more AR's. I have a couple but, you know. Oh and at least a case of 00 buckshot. Only have 40 or 50 rounds of buck at this time. Got plenty of everything else.
Then I'm going out for a sea food platter on the cape, then take my shoes off and walk in the beach sand again.
You let me know when your this way!
I'll meet you at Kream 'N Kone in West Dennis for that seafood platter.
Onion Rings • Fried Clams • Fried Shrimp • Lobster Rolls - Menu | Kream 'n Kone West Dennis, MA 02670
As a thanks your service. I'll gladly cover that tab!
Cheers
Pete

Last edited:
trying to recover the funds,
Ive been laid off still no unemployment....I keep getting notices to mail more shit in.
Figured even with the federal $ im coming up really short so that effects my fun money and "do something right now" options.

Im not sure where I would go if I could convince the wife to leave this state. Finacially I dont think we would gain much as im a aging auto repair tech. It seems most places I think of going "everyone" can fix their cars!

I just want normal.....to be able to caugh or sneeze with out the "invasion of the body snatchers" glare!

Alergy season s about to go full on to boot. Im already feeling it. Index has been borderline high

This may not be taken the way you intended o_O [laugh]

The other day we had a guy at work make an announcement that he "cleaned and polished the knobs upstairs" I told him we already knew that he liked polishing knobs, he didn't have to come out and announce it to us.

Bleh...My in-laws moved to Arizona the whole state seems to be poop brown. The "mountains" around them look like bulldozed dirt piles. When the cacti bloom they are pretty. Otherwise not the place for me. Also too flippin hot!

When this is over I'll be going out to eat a lot! I saw a couple of clients today before the lock down (wore my PPE) and discovered that while I'm enjoying the break I kind of miss my clients.

Um, where have you been in AZ? Head up to Prescott or Flag. It's green, snows in winter enough to ski. It's number 2 or 3 on my last place to live list.

Hello, love yore pics btw, i guess i shouldnt say its an overlanding trip but a camp and wheel for all the purists out there, im in gloucester massachusetts and theres not a whole lot of overlanding to be done here. we will prolly go for 2 weeks, take the most backroadish, get off road as much as we can. i use gaia mostly, and onx offroad. we are totally self sufficient. i wish we had places like colorado and utah but we dont. on this trip we'll just wander on our way. it really will be a camp wheel thing with as many cool places along the way as we can find. I have connections with some off road clubs between here and there, there'll be a lot of wheeling in between camps.

I was gonna say, I have a ton of GPX tracks saved that you can use in GAIA for Maine. But if you’re hell bent on PA, I say go out a little further, hit Bald Eagle State Forest. That area is awesome. Nothing hard, just super enjoyable. No need to look for GPX tracks for there, just pick up the Purple Lizard Maps for BESF, Rothrock SF, and the other one I can think of right now. Are you on the various Overland Facebook groups?

Probably going order a new rifle from Savage that I've been thinking about as long as I'm still working.

Total Pie in the Sky Thread.
Post up what you would like to do when this has lifted enough to get on with regular life.

Me: I'm looking for land in Arizona. Somewhere between Snowflake and Show Low.
30 acres min, abutting the Sitgreaves National Forest not far from the Arizona White Mts.
Spent almost 2 years there (Arizona) in the mid-80's for Harley school and fell in love with the place and the people (and the food).
Have been back 4 or 5 times for Harley Technical Update Classes, and each time I grew closer to it.

Maybe I can plant the NES flag there...

How about you?
Sky's the limit...

I like the way you think. I know a lot of red states are reluctant to let bicoastal hippies into their states, so the important part is to convince them that I am one of them and not a liberal virus looking to transplant.

Back
Top Bottom