• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What are you going to buy before Hillary gets elected?

Even not that long ago I remember showing up to a walmart ammo counter, you'd see some other guy there waiting, and all the while you would size him up and hope he was not there to buy the 9mm or .22 LR that there were like 3 boxes left of...

For a while if you saw anyone waiting near the ammo case at Walmart you *knew* that they were hoping for .22 or 9mm....lol.

It's going to get that way again pretty soon. AR parts are already drying up a little. I'd say if you don't have a year or two's supply of ammo, it would be best to get it real soon.

[h=2]
icon1.png
[/h]

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by enbloc
more AR mags from you!
002.gif

lol, I think I bought some from him too!

me too........ What do you have left?

Question for the older guys on here: was panic gun and ammo buying a thing between say '68 and 2000?

No panic buying back then that I recall. In 1967, not only did we not to have register guns, but many guys hunted their way to school in the morning, put the shotguns in their wall lockers while at school and hunted their way back home after school. Don't try this at school today boys and girls.

I have heard that .22LR and 9mm were impossible to find but were there any other calibers that were significantly affected by the Obama gun-snatching scare? .223/5.56? 12 gauge? AR lowers in general? Got into firearms the past few years and just missed that shortage mess several years ago so don't know what it was like looking for ammo then. Hope it doesn't repeat itself.

I have heard that .22LR and 9mm were impossible to find but were there any other calibers that were significantly affected by the Obama gun-snatching scare? .223/5.56? 12 gauge? AR lowers in general? Got into firearms the past few years and just missed that shortage mess several years ago so don't know what it was like looking for ammo then. Hope it doesn't repeat itself.

I almost bought a 40 solely because I could find ammo at the time

as much ammo as I can.... maybe then bury a shipping container and convert to bunker

Really need to reinforce them if buried. Not designed to hold much weight. I have plenty of meat and potatoes ammo, but I would worry about hollow points and green tips. They scare sheep. I have begun to collect both.

Hmmm..... Contemplating if should neg rep for the OP as this post is a shameless attempt to generate traffic to the classifieds where he hawks warez...

Not sure if serious... but I hope not.

Question for the older guys on here: was panic gun and ammo buying a thing between say '68 and 2000?

No.

I was thinking along the lines of, where am I going to hide what I already have when they come for it

I just don't see this happening. A ban on new guns might happen, but without starting a civil war, they are not going to get folks to turn over their property. If they tried, half of the cops would resign and the other half would get shot.

Plate carrier and armor.

That does make a lot of sense.

It was an interesting scenario. You couldn't find ammo for about any firearm, with the exception of shotguns. While they rationed how much you could buy I never once couldn't find shotgun ammo whenever I looked for it. Whether it was birdshot, buckshot or slugs. Seems the ammo shortage didn't move over to that realm of firearms.

It was an interesting scenario. You couldn't find ammo for about any firearm, with the exception of shotguns. While they rationed how much you could buy I never once couldn't find shotgun ammo whenever I looked for it. Whether it was birdshot, buckshot or slugs. Seems the ammo shortage didn't move over to that realm of firearms.
At the time I was mostly shooting .357mag and that was hard to find. However, I managed to get .38spl about 70% of the time I went into a store. Then again back then I only bought ammo at Dick's and sometimes I'd swing by B&K in Natick. I do remember that I couldn't find .22LR anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom