• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WHAT ARE WE LEFT WITH?

What do they care? There's absolutely no repercussions to just pass oppressive laws and wait to see if SCOTUS will spank them.
And then they can change one word in the law and repass it. It will take effect and remain in effect until a couple years later when the court strikes it down again. Say change 10 round magazines to 11 round magazines and leave everything else the same. Who is going to stop them?

And then they can change one word in the law and repass it. It will take effect and remain in effect until a couple years later when the court strikes it down again. Say change 10 round magazines to 11 round magazines and leave everything else the same. Who is going to stop them?
There are various legal constructs that cover this already. It also sets up a state for a short haul ass kicking.

There are various legal constructs that cover this already. It also sets up a state for a short haul ass kicking.
I’m not a lawyer, but if they pass this stupid law, it’s already a blatant violation of the constitution. Nobody will be punished for it no matter how egregious it is.

Will all the guys who get jammed up by it get their legal fees and time spent in jail back when it is overturned?

I’m not a lawyer, but if they pass this stupid law, it’s already a blatant violation of the constitution. Nobody will be punished for it no matter how egregious it is.

Will all the guys who get jammed up by it get their legal fees and time spent in jail back when it is overturned?
All the guys? You mean like one? Most of the shit they're reduced to now is tack ons. And after the first interval or two, and potential usc1983 civil rights lawsuits.... yeah good luck to the tyrants on that bs. 🤣

Stockholm Syndrome?
This fxcking totally....all these stupid threads about bills and shit.....worrying about what?

Who the fxck cares anymore about what they come up with?

Three choices.......Leave your abuser, Fight back, Stand there and take a beating.

Choose...stop bitching about paper, THEY are gonna do what THEY want.

Me....Im moving in with PeterK....he just doesn't know yet! [rofl]

SCOTUS should spank them with a $100 million dollar fine.
No, they can't
The judicial branch cannot sanction the other branches - an individual could be held accountable for breaking a specific law but legislators cannot be held accountable for passing unconstitutional laws by anyone except the voters.

Unfortunately nothing in the bill has binding precedent against it yet - therefore we can't bring a section 1983 action against the state.

Happened in Sweden/Switzerland or Norway like a year or 2 ago.
I think in the end it was 6 injured or dead
I remember that. Broadhead out of a modern compound bow or crossbow is no joke! It will rip the shit out of you. Solid chest or abdominal hit? Odds are you will never make it to the hospital.

Go to SAF, download and read the decision
Since this will be appealed and taken up by the 9th, this will create informative case law to the 1st for our use.

If I can not longer carry my G-21 and mags I'll switch to my two S&W 627's with my S&W 13 at my six. That gives me 26 rounds, Speed Loaders are too bulky [hmmm]
Funny story. I look at it the other way.

If I can no longer (lawfully) carry my G45 with 10 round magazines, I guess I'll have to carry it with 17s - irrespective of origin.

What do they care? There's absolutely no repercussions to just pass oppressive laws and wait to see if SCOTUS will spank them.
Someone should put up a Bill that says any attempts to pass unconstitutional laws will result in the legislator being immediately stripped of their posifion, lose any benefits and pensions, or other suitable punishments.

Rights are not subject to the popular vote.

Someone should put up a Bill that says any attempts to pass unconstitutional laws will result in the legislator being immediately stripped of their posifion, lose any benefits and pensions, or other suitable punishments.

Rights are not subject to the popular vote.
Add ten years in prison and a banning from any public office in the future down to dog catcher.

22s, wheel guns, lever actions, bolt guns, double barrels, blunderbusses. Welcome back to 1880. If it was good enough for Samuel Colt, it’s good enough for you. Can’t wait to attend a MA gun show and get some lever guns and beef jerky.

22s, wheel guns, lever actions, bolt guns, double barrels, blunderbusses. Welcome back to 1880. If it was good enough for Samuel Colt, it’s good enough for you. Can’t wait to attend a MA gun show and get some lever guns and beef jerky.
Isn't that what the Australian gun owners have to settle for now? Really don't think we want to travel the same path.

I'm sure not all of this will pass. But there will be lawsuits for years if 1/2 of it passes. Given the Cali decision, there is a glimmer of hope for MA. But you have to ask yourself the question: Do you still want to deal with it all....if not ignore the BS, stay, and use common sense or move.

For the developers out there...NES Village in Southern NH would be a gold mine! HOA would require you to have at least 5 guns and two being "assault rifles".

I'm sure not all of this will pass. But there will be lawsuits for years if 1/2 of it passes. Given the Cali decision, there is a glimmer of hope for MA. But you have to ask yourself the question: Do you still want to deal with it all....if not ignore the BS, stay, and use common sense or move.

For the developers out there...NES Village in Southern NH would be a gold mine! HOA would require you to have at least 5 guns and two being "assault rifles".
I'm still young and over the last few months I have done calculations and I am pretty sure I dont have a future staying in mass with how expensive it is and all of these dumbass laws. RIP the mill

Back
Top Bottom