• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What are u doing with ur .22lr ammo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im just curious what people with .22 ammo do with it these days? Impossable to find for the most part... But for those who are lucky to find ammo at non inflated prices or for those of u that have a small or large stockpile... Are u shooting it? Selling it? Sitting on it?

I still have sum leftover from a while back but it almost hurts to bring my 10-22 or.22 pistols to the range. Had to zero a new scope on the 10-22... Took about 10 rounds... Planned to shoot the rest of the box and have a good day at the range like the good old days but decided to hang on to it. (Shot sum 7.62x39 instead).

For the folks selling their ammo... Whats the goin rate these days for a brick of lets say rem gold bullets? (525rnds). Cci mini mags? (375rnd).

Never thought id see the day when .22lr is the most difficult round to aquire.

i shoot it. i wont keep a gun i wont shoot and i wont buy ammo i wont shoot. when its gone, its gone. bows are better for the zombie apocolypse anyways, just ask daryl dixon

Some time back I was lucky enough to get 5000 rounds from CMP for about $115. I gave half of it to junior rifle at my club so they could keep the kids supplied. The other half has been gathering dust.

I hit the range every week and use about 150 rounds each time, I would like to stay longer but I can't cause there is never enough ammo available, sometimes my wife goes or I will take a friend or family member, I have a few hundred rounds of 22LR in the safe most times in case I can't find any for the next shoot, I use what I buy and don't sell it, I am getting a bit annoyed at these ass wipes that buy every round they can and try to sell it at some ridiculous price ~ [angry]

Sorry for the rant but some people just suck, no wonder why I keep to myself these days.

Tim [sad2]

I seem to find enough of it at decent prices that I shoot it every weekend and still have a decent reserve. I see it at the shows and some shops for $60+ a bulk pack but I cant see anyone paying that. I bought 4 boxes of Rem Golden bulk packs two weeks ago for $23 ea. Blazer bulk packs last week for $24 ea.

Last edited:
Some time back I was lucky enough to get 5000 rounds from CMP for about $115. I gave half of it to junior rifle at my club so they could keep the kids supplied. The other half has been gathering dust.

And the Junior Rifle is turning it into dust! We thank you!

I seem to find enough of it at decent prices that I shoot it every weekend and still have a decent reserve. I see it at the shows and some shops for $60+ a bulk pack but I cant see anyone paying that. I bought 4 boxes of Rem Golden two weeks ago for $23 ea. Blazer bulk packs last week for $24 ea.
Where? Info please for others

I figured that since my guns multiply when I put the safe, then I should probably put my 22 in there to see if it will multiply as well

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Where? Info please for others
Dicks and Walmart mostly. Dicks last week had 2000 round cases of Winchester M22 for $120. A bit high but it was in the hard plastic ammo can so it wasnt too bad. I have 4 Walmarts and 3 Dicks with in 15-20 minutes of me and my wife and I try not to pass one with out stopping to check.

Looks like majority so far shoot their ammo... Ive seen sum pretty absurd prices on the classifieds here and at gun shows. These prices make me wanna take it easy but i miss the days where i can buy a brick at $25 and spend all day at the range. Maybe i should pick sumthin up in 17hmr?

Last time I went to the range I put a brick on the table and some friends and I put it all down range with a bump fire 10/22

It's .22 people... Stop adding to the problem

I have been pretty lucky finding 22 and was able to put a fair amount in the locker before things got too crazy. A couple of the 22's are fussy about ammo but a couple are not. It helps working near a WalMart.

I shoot it and still enjoy taking a new shooter to the range. I should be ok for pretty long time and it does seem to be getting a little easier to find.

I have been pretty lucky finding 22 and was able to put a fair amount in the locker before things got too crazy. A couple of the 22's are fussy about ammo but a couple are not. It helps working near a WalMart.

I shoot it and still enjoy taking a new shooter to the range. I should be ok for pretty long time and it does seem to be getting a little easier to find.

This describes me pretty accurately as well. I have enough that I was able to give a bulk pack to the youth program and karma one off recently. I'll start burning through it faster when it warms up.

This describes me pretty accurately as well. I have enough that I was able to give a bulk pack to the youth program and karma one off recently. I'll start burning through it faster when it warms up.

I was the lucky one to win that karma and it put a ton of smiles on faces. Nothing like shooting a 10/22 practically full auto with the bumpfire stock haha

Im just curious what people with .22 ammo do with it these days? Impossable to find for the most part... But for those who are lucky to find ammo at non inflated prices or for those of u that have a small or large stockpile... Are u shooting it? Selling it? Sitting on it?

tumblr_mixgvejjz21qgzqnco10_r1_250.gif

I throw handfuls of the stuff into playgrounds and school yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom