• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What’s your Occupation?

SiameseRat said:
Any time you want me to deworm you just let me know [lol]

Ok but I'm warning you it might not be pretty.

dog_poop.gif

FPrice said:
swatmedic...

Did you ever come to Westover for Team Yankee or to support our Airshow?

The last time MA-1 went to team Yankee was the year before I joined the team. I have done the Hanscom airshow, as well as Sail Boston and the Nantucket Airshow.

Hudson County Range

I shot at the Hoboken Range from time to time. I was never that thrilled with their facility. Plus driving and parking in Hoboken was always a nightmare. Where did you live in NJ?

I had access to the Big T range in Secaucus. I'd always preferred outdoor ranges and when the weather was good, I shot in Secaucus. But that range is now gone, a victim to "Progress". The replacement police range was in a landfill across the river. Several town’s firearm’s units really did a great job putting this range together. But its days are number as they plan to build golf courses on the site.

If I had to shoot indoors, I used either Ray's Sport Shops range or Paterson Rod and Gun. Both top notch gun shops and ranges.

But I'm in heaven being in New Hampshire. I go to the range in Barrington (Major Waldron) three of four times a week. I've once again started to reload. I'm burning ammo at a fast clip and now that the department doesn't pay for it, I reload.

Seems like the next step is getting into shotguns. I may just wander over to the skeet ranges one day and see what that's about..

[roll]

Re: Employment

dwarven1 said:
rscalzo said:
Retired after 30 years from Secaucus Police Dept., Secaucus, NJ...

Did you ever shoot at Hudson County Pistol Range in Hoboken? I learned to shoot there...

Ross

I haven't heard that place mentioned in a while. Just out of curiosity, is that where the backsplash you mentioned in the eyeglass/IDPA thread occurred? I've been hit there as well as a friend of mine I used to shoot with.

rscalzo, Glad you made it out of NJ, I left about 11 years ago. Used to work in your neighborhood as well, I was a chemist for the HMDC in Lyndhurst. Luckily I never got into the political side of thing there.

CD

Re: Hudson County Range

rscalzo said:
Seems like the next step is getting into shotguns. I may just wander over to the skeet ranges one day and see what that's about..[roll]

Watch out, shotguns are just as addictive as handguns, and often cost a lot more. In my opinion, nothing beats a moving target.

I used to live in Fair Lawn and shot in Hoboken. Sometimes I went to that outdoor range in West Milford, but I liked Hudson County Pistol. there was a range on Rt 46 somwhere near Saddle Brook, but I didn't like that one much. And Ray's was over an hour from me. :-( I use to get reloading supplies there, though.

I'd heard that Hudson County burned down and wasn't rebuilt; is that true?

CD, I'm trying to remember where that backsplash occurred, and I can't. I think it was at Riverside many years ago, but I'm not sure now. (I was on the workparty that was digging lead out from the indoor backstop last fall, and boy, was that backbreaking work.) But wherever it was, the lesson remains sharp in my mind if I ever want to cheat and not wear my safety glasses.

Ross

HMDC

Glad to be out...A good friend is a HMDC commish and is getting fed up with the politics. The politics in the pd were getting out of hand as well. The town is in for a rude awakening...

My gun collection is growing rapidly. A shotgun would be a great addition.... [roll]

I suggest the Lanber

I love shotguns, to be honest I like them more than handguns. check out these www.lanber.net I do not own one yet but I have heard that they are great. I would suggest an Over and under. I love mine, and can't wait to buy more. But I do have to say the the Remmington 1100 is a great gun. CDNN investments (out of Texas I believe)has the Lanber o/u's for about $475.

I probably cannot be any help to anyone in my field but ya never know, I am a BioMedical Engineer which basically means I repair and am knowledgable about all healthcare medical equipment from X-ray machines, EKG, to a basic thermometer. I cover it all it is fun, can be stressful at times that is why I have a membership to the firing range. :D

Re: HMDC

rscalzo said:
Glad to be out...A good friend is a HMDC commish and is getting fed up with the politics. The politics in the pd were getting out of hand as well. The town is in for a rude awakening...

My gun collection is growing rapidly. A shotgun would be a great addition.... [roll]

I just glanced at the Commisioner list and I only recognized two people from my time(left there in '91). I think Eleanor Nissley was there then and I remember Bob Ceberio, it looks like he took over for Tony Scardino. Some of the other's may have been, but luckily I didn't have many dealings with that level.

I'm sorry I can't offer any good advice on the shotgun, I have a few but they are not my primary interest.

CD

Isn't that cute. The soxs fans are hooking up. You'll have all the time in the world to get to know each other later, once the Yanks knock you out of the playoffs. [lol]

SgtUSMC8541 said:
Isn't that cute. The soxs fans are hooking up. You'll have all the time in the world to get to know each other later, once the Yanks knock you out of the playoffs. [lol]

A team with a 200+ million dollar payroll is 1/2 game behind the lowly Twins. [lol] [lol] [lol] It's only a matter of time before Pavano comes back and starts to sink the ship again.

Martlet said:
Soldier again, only part time this time around.

It's been a long time for me, but I'm still not sure that I understood that the first time around. Does "part-time" mean that they can only shoot at you on, say, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays? or that you can only shoot back on even numbered days? [roll] [roll] [roll]

Ken

KMaurer said:
Martlet said:

It's been a long time for me, but I'm still not sure that I understood that the first time around. Does "part-time" mean that they can only shoot at you on, say, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays? or that you can only shoot back on even numbered days? [roll] [roll] [roll]

Ken

It means I can only shoot back 1 weekend a month, 2 weeks a year, unless Uncle Sam takes away my "part time" status.

Martlet said:
1. Telecom IP design
2. Musician-bagpiper

and, as of last week....

I *LOVE* bagpipes!! (could be because I'm part Scot :D ) And thank you for the part time job, this time around. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom