We're all terrorists.

[smile] it offers PROTECTION from the very stupid laws of states like CA & MA.

the "said" troop just can't use them off the base if they do NOT meet state laws.

so if it was vermont.... it would be a non-issue, but states like MA, it would be.

i don't agree, but the DoD does actually help sometimes under U.S. Codes.

[wink]

Did you miss the part where your right to carry is stripped from you as you cross the gate?

It IS an issue, no matter where you go.

The f****** feds, including the Army, should be subservient to state law not the other way around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you miss the part where your right to carry is stripped from you as you cross the gate?

It IS an issue, no matter where you go.

The f feds, including the Army, should be subservient to state law not the other way around.

Jose,

I know this. Painfully, I know that I can NOT carry on any "federal" base under title 10, u.s.c

the "state" bases are under speculation...

anywho, i (we) didn't make the rules. we just follow them.

*note* we all like guns anyway, except for Navy and chAir Force [rofl]

Chet, it's not personal. Don't take it that way. I used to be a part of the big DoD machine (Navy blue) till I saw it for what it was. Then I booked. I have no intention of encouraging my daughter to follow my footsteps.

What Jose said. I served proudly in the army, until I realized the America I was trying to defend wasn't the beast I was forced to serve.

When a good friend of mine got back from a combat tour of Iraq, one of the guys he served with was arrested by MP's on base for carrying a collapsable baton in his car. [thinking]

Something's very wrong with that.

Terrorist shower regularly.... are you a terrorist?

I was stationed on Ft. Sill for a little while, didn't think anything of the title 10... but I know Ft. Hood had alot of people wishing.

Its hard to see the military become victims of gun violence on post... kind of had their hands tied on that one.

The f feds, including the Army, should be subservient to state law not the other way around.

Read the Constitution lately?

How about, at all - other than the Second Amendment, that is?

Read the Constitution lately?

How about, at all - other than the Second Amendment, that is?

Have you read the 10th Amendment?

Have you read how the commerce clause has been abused and perverted until the fed has become unrecognizable to those who founded it?

I stand by what I said.

Have you read the 10th Amendment?

Have you read how the commerce clause has been abused and perverted until the fed has become unrecognizable to those who founded it?

I stand by what I said.

And you stand by the erroneous and irrelevant. Military control of military property has NOTHING to do with the Commerce Clause.

And the Supremacy Clause holds FEDERAL law trumps state law whenever the two are in conflict.

How's about some other misassociations:

Terrorists don't speak English. Are you a terrorist? (I'm sure that would get "immigrant rights" groups in a tissy)

Terrorists use Cell Phones. Are you a terrorist?

Terrorists use the Internet, Are you a terrorist?

Terrorists smoke, are you a terrorist?

Its hard to see the military become victims of gun violence on post... kind of had their hands tied on that one.

Hard, yes, but it shouldn't be that way in the first place. Unarmed soldiers are easy targets.

And the Supremacy Clause holds FEDERAL law trumps state law whenever the two are in conflict.

Yeah, like when a state passes a law saying guns that don't cross state lines aren't under federal control, and ATF says "Oh well, federal law trumps state law."

It's being abused, twisted and manipulated.

I guess the sign is at Fort Benning. We have Clinton to thank for the policy disarming the soldiers on post.

A senior NCO and I almost got in trouble for shooting in a rifle-only part of the post with handguns in 1981. Mine wasn't registered on post, though it was supposed to be. The MP's made me come into the station and fill out the form, but that was all that happened. So I guess I was a terrorist - where da virgins at?

A senior NCO and I almost got in trouble for shooting in a rifle-only part of the post with handguns in 1981. Mine wasn't registered on post, though it was supposed to be. The MP's made me come into the station and fill out the form, but that was all that happened

What I find hilarious is that they don't want you to bring down the gun(s) when you register them on base. What's the point of a mandatory registration system (implying people can't be trusted) based on the honor system?!?

The big outrage is that if our service men are convinced that people who don't register their firearms are terrorists, then it will have effectively desensitized them enough to fire on American civilians when the orders come down for them to go door to door, like the thugs in New Orleans. After all, their doing their duty if they're killing terrorists, right?

Will they or won't they? Take the survey!

http://www.jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/milshoot-poll.htm

Inanity.

John C. Calhoun's "Nullification Theory?" Be serious - this is the 21st Century, not the 19th.

That theory was drivel when proffered and utterly "nullified" by the Civil War and subsequent events. By design and practice, the USCT is the arbiter of what is or is not Constitutional; not any individual state.

Last edited:
Inanity.

John C. Calhoun's "Nullification Theory?" Be serious - this is the 21st Century, not the 19th.

That theory was drivel when proffered and utterly "nullified" by the Civil War and subsequent events. By design and practice, the USCT is the arbiter of what is or is not Constitutional; not any individual state.
If not nullification, then seccession.

The problem for you today is that the South holds the winning hand.

Whereas you, Buckeye Boy, reside in the epicenter of the Confederacy; is that it? [rolleyes]
If that breaks out again, you can bet your bottom dollar that I am skipping out of here for whatever independent republic forms. And my money is on Texas.

Inanity.

A theory? Hardly. I'll give you Exhibit A: The REAL ID Act. Nullified by New Hampshire. Madison and Jefferson have both been quoted as believing that the individual states in the union have the obligation to protect their inhabitants from any draconian law that comes from the capital. So while you believe it's roots are "Calhounian" they're actually "Jeffersonian".

California is thumbing it's nose at the DEA over marijuana's scheduling. Montana and Tennessee are prepared to nullify all federal firearms manufacturing laws.

If that breaks out again, you can bet your bottom dollar that I am skipping out of here for whatever independent republic forms. And my money is on Texas.

Where you'll be outnumbered by La Raza and its followers.....

Where you'll be outnumbered by La Raza and its followers.....

You really ought to visit Texas. It's not my favorite place in the world but that is definitely not true.

In addition, Texas has a rider in their constitution that allows them to go back to being an independent republic if they so choose.

Correct FMPOV as they never "ceded" their lands like 99% of the other states did when they became a state within the US.

Hawaii also from my reading has the right to take back their ceded lands as these lands were stolen from the Hawaiian government in my understanding.

The 2nd (1879) California Constitution is also suspect as it came about around the same time the US was incorporated in Delaware. The first California Constitution was adopted in 1849 some major differences in the ratification of those two Constitutions.

You really ought to visit Texas. It's not my favorite place in the world but that is definitely not true.

In addition, Texas has a rider in their constitution that allows them to go back to being an independent republic if they so choose.

You really ought to get a reality check. Allow me:

http://www.snopes.com/history/american/texas.asp

Take SAS with you...... [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom