We're all terrorists.

Photo_121409_001.jpg

http://curtislowe.wordpress.com/2009/12/18/wow-just-wow/

Actually, I should correct myself. I'm not a terrorist because the fine state of Massachusetts has laws against me being a terrorist.

So who are they supposed to register their guns with to avoid becoming terrorists, Mayor Bloomberg, The Messiah Who's Name we Cannot Mention, the Toothfairy?

Last edited:
On the other hand, it's a tacit admission that the Ft. Hood shooter was an islamic terrorist. At least they're making a little progress.

Last edited:
So who are they supposed to register their guns with to avoid becoming terrorists, Mayor Bloomberg, The Messiah Who's Name we Cannot Mention, the Toothfairy?

It's a military base. There is registration of firearms I believe on bases (at least by people in certain living situations, on base single family housing is likely not covered here). There is also no personal storage for those in certain living circumstances and they have to store the gun in the armory. Those with more direct knowledge can fill in the details.

The big outrage is how they are trying to get their message across.

OK, so if they know terrorists don't register their guns, then why do we need to? Obviously, so they know we have them when they want to get them.[hmmm]

i call B.S. on the sign.

however, this is typical of most, if not ALL military bases I've been on. This is a sample out of Fort Sill, OK - which i've visited more than twice

Weapons Registration FAQ’s:

Q: Where is Weapon Registration Located?

A: Weapon Registration is located in Building 1670 - on Craig Road, stone building behind MP Station, close to the Post Exchange

Q: When is Weapon Registration open?

A: Weapon Registration is open from 0730 to 1600, Monday thru Friday, except federal holidays and training holidays.

Q: How do I register my weapon?

A: Come to building 1760 and pick up FS Form 562, Registration of Personal Weapons card. Card is completed in two copies for retirees, three copies for active duty military and civil service, and four copies for those living in the BAQ.

Q: What happens to the registration cards after I register my weapons?

A: DPS keeps once copy, one copy goes to the owner to be carried with the weapons, one copy goes to the unit commander, and one copy goes to the Housing office.

Q: What weapons must I register?

A: You must register firearms – a firearm is any weapon that will, is designed to, or may readily convert to expel a projectile by action of an explosion or propellant.

Q: Do I have to register my bow or knife?

A: No, only firearms are required to be registered?

Q: Do I need to bring my weapon to register?

A: No, you should not bring your weapon to registration site.

Q: Who has to register weapons?

A: All military and civilian employees working on Fort Sill will register prior to using them on Fort Sill.

Q: When do I have to register my weapon?

A: Personnel living in troop billets; BOQs; BEQs; or family quarters must register their weapons within one duty day of arrival or possession of firearm.

Q: My neighbor is military assigned to Fort Sill and has invited me to go hunting on Fort Sill, do I have to register my weapon?

A: No, guests participating in sporting events, do have to register their weapons.

Q: What regulation covers privately owned weapons?

A: USAFACFS Reg 190-1, which is available on the Fort Sill intranet site.

Q: What are the rules for transporting my weapons on Fort Sill?

A: Transport weapons by the most direct route when entering or leaving Fort Sill or when going to or from an authorized activity such as practice range, hunting, or other sporting activity. Intermediate stops of short duration at PX shoppettes/gas stations are the only authorized stops. Do not make stops at any other on-post location.

Q: Do I have to unload my weapon for transport?

A: When transported, unload firearms. Lock ammunition and weapons in separated compartments.

Q: What are the rules for storing my weapons?

*note: this is a Fort Sill regulation, but it may or may NOT reference an actual DoD Policy

A: Military personnel residing in troop billets that own or possess any item listed in USAFACS Reg 190-1 paragraphs B-3f(1), (4), (6), or (7), or B-3g, will store the item(s) in a unit arms room. Military personnel and their family members residing in family quarters, BOQ, and BEQs who own or possess any item listed in cited paragraphs above will store the item(s) in their residence. Firearms in on-post quarters will be kept unloaded and in a place separate from ammunition. Under double lock when quarters are unattended. For purposes of this regulation, one lock may be the quarter’s entrance and the second lock may be a locked container, trigger lock, or lock cable, chain, or rod through the firearm's guard or barrel, or stored in a locked room, closet, or cabinet. Out of the reach of children under age 18.

Q: Can I store my weapon in my vehicle?

A: No. [rofl]

Q: When entering Fort Sill, do I tell the access control personnel at the gates about my weapon?

A: Yes, and provide additional information regarding the transportation of both registered and unregistered weapons as required by law enforcement personnel. All military and civilian employees working on Fort Sill will register their firearms with the Directorate of Emergency Services (DES), prior to using them on Fort Sill. Guests participating in sporting events/activity such as skeet, trap, hunting, and marksmanship events are not required to comply with this registration requirement. However, they will transport their weapons by the most direct route to and from the range when entering and leaving the military installation.

Q: My father has a concealed weapons permit from Oklahoma and is coming to visit me, what rules does he have to follow?

A: The Oklahoma concealed weapon law does not apply on Fort Sill. All personnel must follow Fort Sill policy regarding weapon use, storage and transport upon entry on to the installation. Concealed weapons are prohibited on post unless authorized by DES for law enforcement duties as prescribed in AR 190-14, para 2-8. Military personnel violating this prohibition subject themselves to disciplinary action under the UCMJ and/or administrative actions as deemed appropriate by the commander. Family members, civilian employees or other civilians violating this prohibition subject themselves to administrative action and/or criminal prosecution under applicable state, federal laws and regulations.

Q: I am going hunting after work, can I bring my weapon with me in the morning?

A: No, weapons cannot be stored in vehicles.

It's a military base. There is registration of firearms I believe on bases (at least by people in certain living situations, on base single family housing is likely not covered here). There is also no personal storage for those in certain living circumstances and they have to store the gun in the armory. Those with more direct knowledge can fill in the details.

The big outrage is how they are trying to get their message across.

The big outrage is that if our service men are convinced that people who don't register their firearms are terrorists, then it will have effectively desensitized them enough to fire on American civilians when the orders come down for them to go door to door, like the thugs in New Orleans. After all, their doing their duty if they're killing terrorists, right?

Paging Homeland Security! We need a non-patriot taken care of on aisle 9![smile]

Actually, a PShop is always a possibility.

roger. again, i will try and confirm. [wink]

general STFU statement for all others: i actually KNOW people who have been at Ft. Benning RECENTLY - so unless you wear the suit,

Any organizations madating weapon registration and mandating disarmament deserve whatever they get.

dude.... accountability.... it's your uncle sams way of life....

simple "registration" that does NOT get reported to the local authorities, permit (or) NOT, including states like NY & MA where a service member can PCS to and keep their post-ban mags, off list guns and A-15's with evil features.... ALL w/o a stupid gun permit.

the bases provide protection under title 10 USC so that a troop from OHIO can bring his "non-compliant" and "illegal" guns to MA w/o having to get a stupid permit. -he / she just can't carry or use them.

dude.... accountability.... it's your uncle sams way of life....

simple "registration" that does NOT get reported to the local authorities, permit (or) NOT, including states like NY & MA where a service member can PCS to and keep their post-ban mags, off list guns and A-15's with evil features.... ALL w/o a stupid gun permit.

the bases provide protection under title 10 USC so that a troop from OHIO can bring his "non-compliant" and "illegal" guns to MA w/o having to get a stupid permit. -he / she just can't carry or use them.
Oh, wow, thanks......[rolleyes]

One of the many reasons I resigned from AD as soon as I could, shunned the Ready Reserve, and quit my IRR commission the very day I could.

I stand by what I said. Any place that disarms people deserves the worst that can befall it.

I am sick and tired of the rationalizations for pissing on my rights.

Oh, wow, thanks......[rolleyes]

One of the many reasons I resigned from AD as soon as I could, shunned the Ready Reserve, and quit my IRR commission the very day I could.

I stand by what I said. Any place that disarms people deserves the worst that can befall it.

I am sick and tired of the rationalizations for pissing on my rights.

[smile] it offers PROTECTION from the very stupid laws of states like CA & MA.

the "said" troop just can't use them off the base if they do NOT meet state laws.

so if it was vermont.... it would be a non-issue, but states like MA, it would be.

i don't agree, but the DoD does actually help sometimes under U.S. Codes.

[wink]

Back
Top Bottom