• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WARNING: Dack Outdoors

DO NOT EVER ORDER FROM THESE FOLKS. They say all orders take 30 days to process, but give no confirmation of the order. When I said cancel the order (2 magazines) they said they only issue store credit. Store credit from a non-responsive business is useless. I now have to hassle with the credit card company. Apparently this is a scam they run. Below is a link.

They do review a bit sketchy but not an out and out scam so I took a chance on them a couple months ago and made out pretty well.
They had a bunch of various popular size sierra match king on clearance for like half of anywhere else I could find and MOE grips around as low as they get.
IIRC the shipping was pricey but it was a lot of weight in this instance.
Got the four grips I ordered pretty quick but no bullets and no indication of it being a partial order or whatever, a few days later the bullets and four additional grips showed up.
Nice feebie, thank you, guess I'm set on grips for a while...

Towards the bottom of my vendor list but if the deal is good enough I'd chance them again.

Yeah, I ordered from them and after hearing nothing for three weeks, they responded with their policy. After 34 days and nothing shipped, I tore into them. They shipped my stuff that day. Still, never ordering from them ever again. f*** that company with a rusty rake. I’ll also never give OpticsPlanet my business again.

Credit card company was contacted and put a hold on the charge. Normally I use gunmagwarehouse.com, eurooptic.com, palmetto state armory or other reputable sellers. For ammo TargetSports or ammofast or whoever has a good deal and good reviews through ammoseek.com. These guys were so much less expensive, so like an idiot, I took the bait. Any savings has been dissolved by the hassle of time lost dealing with them, and one of the owners, Carsley, is a nasty piece of work. I just want others to learn from my mistake.

Yeah, I ordered from them and after hearing nothing for three weeks, they responded with their policy. After 34 days and nothing shipped, I tore into them. They shipped my stuff that day. Still, never ordering from them ever again. f*** that company with a rusty rake. I’ll also never give OpticsPlanet my business again.
The trouble with places like this (Optics Planet for example) is they are drop shippers, they stock next to nothing.

Hence the long delivery times as they are nothing more than a middle man between you and the supplier.

Customer service sucks these days most everywhere, but these drop shippers take lousy customer service to a whole nother level.

We’re a Christian-based company. And we’re unashamed of that.
Four simple values have driven our growth, and we have faith they’ll continue to do so:

1. Glorify God by operating our company within His Biblical doctrine.
  2. Offer unmatched value that encourages people to get outdoors.
  3. Serve our customers as brothers and sisters.
  4. Give back to our communities by sharing God’s blessing on our business.
And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.-Colossians 3:17

Trust us, we're Christians!

I can tell you, that's like saying, "We're not crooks, give us your money."

Why would you say that??? Unless you don't really do that. Like treating people like brothers and sisters. "Brother Dack. Sister Dork has a hole in her roof. Can you fix it?" "Brother Dink - I can be there in 30-45 days." LOL

Religion has nothing to do with this. Their business practices are dishonest, and if they were truly following in the spirit of their religion (instead of using it as a cheap prop to hide their fundamental lack of integrity), they would refund the money without a fight and not be mean spirited in their correspondence. Just another snake oil salesman hiding behind the veil of false faith to do bad things. Every religion has scum like this.

WOW. I've never had a problem with Optics Planet. I buy from them a few times a year.
I get pretty normal shipping times too.

RC

The trouble with places like this (Optics Planet for example) is they are drop shippers, they stock next to nothing.

Hence the long delivery times as they are nothing more than a middle man between you and the supplier.

Customer service sucks these days most everywhere, but these drop shippers take lousy customer service to a whole nother level.
Yeah, I made an order thru a drop ship place (LockedLoaded) for some Speer round balls for muzzleloaders and it took at least 5 weeks to get them and they just took the box they had recieved from the distributor and put it in a new box.

I made out very well on that tho, they had the lowest price and Speer was doing a rebate. I got 2000 round balls for 6 cents each.

I wouldn't buy any FFL items from places like this, nor small orders, but for big bulk orders like bullets or primers, yes.

DO NOT EVER ORDER FROM THESE FOLKS. They say all orders take 30 days to process, but give no confirmation of the order. When I said cancel the order (2 magazines) they said they only issue store credit. Store credit from a non-responsive business is useless. I now have to hassle with the credit card company. Apparently this is a scam they run. Below is a link.
Still waiting on an “in stock item”—been 24 days and nothing. They due respond to emails with a generic up to 30 shipping reminder. Will be contacting my bank to report fraud next week.

Sorry I didn't read this post until now. Ordered a lock and load sonic cleaner from them in December. Heard nothing about the order, so I decided to email them. Got the same run around about the 30 days disclaimer BS. I had no idea they were a drop ship store. Refused a refund and offered a store credit, which is great business for them and bad for customers who would never buy from them again. I wonder how much they make in interest in that money pool they hang on to?
I ordered another sonic cleaner from another business yesterday. It will be here Monday.

Dack outdoors is a scam!
I got the same wait 30 days excuse and still got nothing...I had to do a CC chargeback to get a refund. How they are still in business is a mystery

Yeah, I made an order thru a drop ship place (LockedLoaded) for some Speer round balls for muzzleloaders and it took at least 5 weeks to get them and they just took the box they had recieved from the distributor and put it in a new box.

I made out very well on that tho, they had the lowest price and Speer was doing a rebate. I got 2000 round balls for 6 cents each.

I wouldn't buy any FFL items from places like this, nor small orders, but for big bulk orders like bullets or primers, yes.
Reading these comments got me a little nervous about dack outdoors..i ordered a firearm 4 days ago...im just now learning about these drop ship stores...but i have ordered 3 firearms from locked & loaded in the past 2 months and have received them all within a 5day process time and a 3day priority ship time....but now i see why my ticket always say it shipped from florida ...but their located in Illinois...

Dack outdoors is a scam!
I got the same wait 30 days excuse and still got nothing...I had to do a CC chargeback to get a refund. How they are still in business is a mystery
If you don't mind me asking did you order a firearm ?..i did about 4 days ago im just now hearing about these drop ship stores. If i knew all this i would have spent the $30 more and got it else where...i was showing in stock...i hope i don't have to go through flames just to get my firearm. Because the reviews i been reading today will make me drive to the store itself....and that will be real ugly situation if it comes to that..

Reading these comments got me a little nervous about dack outdoors..i ordered a firearm 4 days ago...im just now learning about these drop ship stores...but i have ordered 3 firearms from locked & loaded in the past 2 months and have received them all within a 5day process time and a 3day priority ship time....but now i see why my ticket always say it shipped from florida ...but their located in Illinois...
So they have a brick and mortar store?

Why would you order from a company that takes 30 days to process nothing special?

It's like the people who order from f***stickPlanet and Botach coming on and complaining. ....

Dack outdoors is a scam!
Not a mystery to me.

America, nation of hardcore skinflints.

"If you are willing to wait for us to find the best deal we'll save you $10 if you're willing to wait some stupid amount of time" = thousands of flints ejac at the possibility of wasting 30 days to save 10 bucks. 🤣 Then they're suddenly shocked when the vendor drags ass......

Why would you order from a company that takes 30 days to process nothing special?

It's like the people who order from f***stickPlanet and Botach coming on and complaining. ....
Not for nothing but I’ve ordered at least a dozen times from botach without a single issue over the past five years. They are my #1 go to for vortex optics. Snagged a brand new razor gen2E for $1000. Also, pretty much all my carhartt and dickies clothing is from them as well since they’re closeout sales are crazy cheap.

Edit: You need to make an account on botach to see/get the awesome Vortex discount. Better than Liberty optics in most cases.

Not a mystery to me.

America, nation of hardcore skinflints.

"If you are willing to wait for us to find the best deal we'll save you $10 if you're willing to wait some stupid amount of time" = thousands of flints ejac at the possibility of wasting 30 days to save 10 bucks. 🤣 Then they're suddenly shocked when the vendor drags ass......
Or they don’t pay the invoice in full and start shelling out monthly interest payments. 😂

Back
Top Bottom