“Leave Her Alone!”- Man Fires Warning Shots to Stop Homeless Man from Violently Mugging Helpless Woman in NYC Subway – Police Respond by Arresting him

Reptile

NES Member
I don't believe in warning shots. If the situation requires a firearm to be used in defense, it is no time to play games. Double tap, center of mass, is the only proper response.

The problem with a warning shot is it could hit someone else who is in the area, forget the warning shot the guy would have been better off pointing the gun at him telling he will shoot him if he doesn't stop or simply smash the guy in the head.

Either way once he committed to helping he was going to get jammed up somehow no matter what.

Shitty situation all around

This guy had to post like 10K $ bail or something and the cockroach thief was let go with no bail. Walked free.
It’s a sad commentary on society. Most people I know would try to help that woman in some way, including my mother who is in her 80’s. You’re damned if you do now. Choke hold and then put the violent drug addict in recovery position and he dies? You’re going to jail. Warning shots that hurt no one? You’re going to jail. Walk away and mind your own business? You’re good to go. I would love to interview jurors who would convict this guy of any crime, but, we’ll find it in NY.

It’s a sad commentary on society. Most people I know would try to help that woman in some way, including my mother who is in her 80’s. You’re damned if you do now. Choke hold and then put the violent drug addict in recovery position and he dies? You’re going to jail. Warning shots that hurt no one? You’re going to jail. Walk away and mind your own business? You’re good to go. I would love to interview jurors who would convict this guy of any crime, but, we’ll find it in NY.
New York has a mandatory minimum of 3 1/2 years in prison for possession of a handgun without a license. Hell of a price to pay. Hope the damsel-in-distress establishes a gofundme account for this guy, but that is wishful thinking. She has probably already distanced herself from him by now...you know...not wanting to get involved in this guy's legal problems.

Me and Mine.

Those are the only ones I plan on protecting with judicious lethal force.

Myself or my loved ones.

Everybody else has the potential of sending me to jail for a long time.
You mighty go to jail, but at least it would be for the love of your family, as opposed protecting to a stranger who doesn't give 2.5 shits about you and would probably call you a crazy bastard gunman and testify against you in court. NYC is a lost cause. If our enemies launch a nuclear strike, I hope the first multiple warhead ICBM hits dead center in midtown Manhattan. Flush that stinking sewer into eternity once and for all!

Looking at the mug shot, the guy was probably high and weighed 125 pounds, the other guy looks like he has some weight.

Probably should have just grabbed the guy and ripped him off her and maybe held him down and see how that played out.

But then you have a potential fight on your hands and the cops arrive and possibly shoot you if they see your armed.

Tough to walk away watching a woman get victimized so again all around bad news.

I guess you really need to think long and hard on how if and when you decide to intervene.

Kid, no question
Old person, probably
Woman, probably
Guy? Probably not IDK

Every news story like this reinforces my clarity: I'm there to save me and mine. If a rando on the subway is getting victimized? Not my problem.

I think it's best to establish and maintain that mindset consistently. I don't want to have to be standing there watching this go down and only then deciding whether I should intervene. I already know the answer to that.

Bring back Paul Kersey
Times like these call for a different Paul

46bebf8d62a955717fc33cdf4aebc231--paul-revere-portrait-inspiration.jpg

Back
Top Bottom