Want your restrictions removed? See this post for how.

Ditto. I see Comm2A as our best chance of actually rolling back some of the BS laws in this state. It's going to be a long slog, but I think the chances are good.

Huge +1. Carry rights are far from the only thing Comm2A is fighting for. The bonded warehouse nonsense they challenge in Jarvis could happen to any of us. Licensing delays are a near universal problem even in so called green towns. The AWB affects everyone. (They haven't challenged the MA AWB (yet), but filed an amicus brief in an IL case challenging the Cook County (Chicago) AWB.)

I've met Alan Gura (SAF) twice now (1990 and a couple of years ago) and spoken to him and his Wife at length. Another two who really have their act together at getting things done and have an impressive strategic record of wins.
I think you mean Alan Gottlieb and his wife Julianne Versnel. I think Alan Gura was still in Law School in 90 or maybe even college.

I think you mean Alan Gottlieb and his wife Julianne Versnel. I think Alan Gura was still in Law School in 90 or maybe even college.

Looks like college; he was admitted to the CA bar in 1995. That said, he obviously also has his act together and has an impressive record of wins.

Y'know, Len... I just noticed that you changed your avatar. Didn't it use to be an eagle?

Funny... I don't remember your hair being that long. OR that you had such a nice rack. [laugh]

Dear Rip-Van-Dwarven1:

You've been sleeping for a number of years now. The eagle was replaced with an exit sign named "change" back when the big 0 was elected the first time! It was time for a change, something appropriate to the forum and not too racy (except to some of you dirty old men)! Not me, not related to me and I have no idea who she is or where I found the picture.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am waiting for my chief to answer my voice mail for an upgrade. If he denies me or it's not a A ALP, I'll fill it out.

This article was published about a month ago now.

Any fallout or are the wheels of justice crawling along?

I was restricted in Dracut and have moved to Mansfield (a green town) can I still apply for this comm2A assistance? I would love to sue Lt. Fluery in Dracut, but I feel like I would have to go through Mansfield now.

I was restricted in Dracut and have moved to Mansfield (a green town) can I still apply for this comm2A assistance? I would love to sue Lt. Fluery in Dracut, but I feel like I would have to go through Mansfield now.

We have already filed the suit anyhow. Stay tuned to see how it goes.

Is anyone going after Salem. They flat out tell you no you cant have a unrestricted license and never will in Salem. Target and hunting is the best you can get.

Do we know if they are willing to take on any new clients?
There are no plans and no need to add additional plaintiffs to Davis v. Grimes.

Is anyone going after Salem. They flat out tell you no you cant have a unrestricted license and never will in Salem. Target and hunting is the best you can get.
A positive result in Davis v. Grimes will be binding on all cities and towns.

Is Watertown PD still requiring the BFS course upon every renewal?
As far as I know, yes.

Just subscribed to this thread. Wish I had seen it sooner. I would like to be part of the second go should the need arise.

I know there is no way to answer this but how are people feeling about the case? Is there a chance for a win here? It is very intriguing.

I know there is no way to answer this but how are people feeling about the case? Is there a chance for a win here? It is very intriguing.

The case is moving through the court at what qualifies in the federal courts as light speed. discovery is underway, motions are scheduled and oral arguments will be in September. That means a decision by the end of the year is likely. Follow it here

The appeal will be an entirely different matter.

One side is going to appeal. He wasn't saying it would be us, but someone will... [grin]

Oh ok. [laugh]

Hopefully you guys pull out a win, and they don't appeal at all.

If there is victory here, and the blanket restrictions get removed state wide, and they do appeal, does the whole thing stay in limbo until a final decision is reached? Or do we get restriction removal while the appeal is under way? If that makes sense.

Oh ok. [laugh]

If there is victory here, and the blanket restrictions get removed state wide, and they do appeal, does the whole thing stay in limbo until a final decision is reached? Or do we get restriction removal while the appeal is under way? If that makes sense.

What do you care? You're leaving us!
[smile]

Oh ok. [laugh]

Politically they (MCOPA) have to appeal. No way they want to lose control of "suitability" and "discretion" so they will drag this up to the USSC if necessary to keep it the way it is.

Decision gets stayed until final resolution at USSC (decision or denial of cert) or failure to appeal in time. This is a "long game", not something that will be resolved in less than a few years.

Back
Top Bottom